Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Uthor posted:

I haven't read Batman Odyssey, but Comics Alliance's six part recap was really in depth.

http://comicsalliance.com/tags/batman-odyssey/

My only regret with this is that they didn't point out that there's two (equally) disturbing implications on the reveal of the Exposition Hostage's identity.

I'll spoiler tag it in case anybody else wants to read Odyssey or that recap: Either Bruce just casually has Clark over for a naked chat, slowly redressing throughout, or Clark was having himself a little naked peek at Bruce and slowly pulled his vision back over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Kwyndig posted:

For Darkseid uncomfortably pleasant is terrifyingly unsettling. That said I would totally read a 'Darkseid American Road Trip' mini series or single issue.

I feel like someone should edit that Superman run where he did just that, but replace all instances of Superman with Darkseid.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Well, he's not *wrong*... JJJ will blame Spidey for anything.

Jonah's sitting at home alone, quietly eating dinner while his faithful dog sits nearby when suddenly the dog rips an absolutely rank fart. Immediately Jonah leaps to his feet, sending his food flying, bellowing "CURSE YOU, SPIDER-MAN!"

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
I'd never seen any of those, and now my life is measurably more complete.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Neat, there's a code for Marvel Unlimited that has your first month as a penny.

Code is, naturally, Penny.

This is basically going to ruin me, because it gives me a month to actually read all the comics BSS is always posting funny/badass stuff from and then I'll be hooked.

Oh well, in for a penny.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
I don't have any issue reading it in the proper voice, but I think being unable to do so would make it sound way too snarky. In the right voice, it sounds menacing and threatening instead of quippy and snarky.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Basically, read it the same way JEJ reads "We would be honored, if you would join us."

edit: Alternately "Perhaps you feel you are being treated unfairly?"

Honestly, thinking about it, Empire Strikes Back was great for "snarky" Vader.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Rhyno posted:

This is still the best characterization of Reed Richards in the entire history of F4 comics.

Absolutely agreed. Those pages always get me a little misty eyed whenever they get posted. It's just a good, powerful, emotionally relatable concept and why it hasn't been used in any of the movies is an even bigger question than why they keep loving up Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Potato Jones posted:

Say to yourself, in the best midday-TV Queens accent you can muster, the name "Doctor Octopus".

I just spent way too long trying to do this, and I kept landing a lot closer to Boston than Queens.

Not complaining, I just wanted everyone to now try and say "Doctor Octopus" in a Boston accent too.