Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Cleretic posted:

I'm trying to remember how City of Heroes handled some stuff like that. There was a massive disaster in one zone that was revealed to have been the cause of a really lovely attempt by a villain to pull a Scarlet Witch-style reality warp retcon, and a major villain group using psychics and time travel to deduce the things they have to do to take over the world, but I don't remember any civilian-level exploration of that kind of thing. I know it was there, I just don't remember it.

I think I can actually answer this.

All of the story arcs in City of Heroes were based around the idea that you were the main character, because MMO-style mission chain. The lower level stuff would involve your contact - usually a civilian or retired/low-powered metahuman - sending you to investigate stuff and then slowly piecing things together in the mission debriefing(s). I can't say there was really an in-depth exploration because it was centered entirely on you and/or your contact. More 'in this issue his SHOCKING SECRET is revealed... ANEW!' more than anything else, I suppose.

The second part (major villain group using psychics and time travel) was basically the overarching plot for City of Villains. You get hints of weird stuff that Arachnos has their fingers in - setting up a literal army of psychics, time travel shenanigans that may have involved faking a mad scientist's death - which is all a leadup to the end level story arcs, but is mainly there just for setting fluff and to keep you interested in continuing to play more than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
I don't have it handy, but I'm pretty sure they were The All-American and Slugger. Baseball-themed, but the villain of the day required them to build a time stop device shaped (and carried) like a football.

They were in "The Nearness if You" special/mini, iirc

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Too many Tony's

Please eliminate three.

I am not a crackpot.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

Does anyone have the Final Crisis Christmas edit? I can't find it anywhere

Dareon posted:

Is that the one with Darkseid making his list with ten million hands or whatever? Because I want that too.

Vincent posted:

Alternate ending:

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
Got you covered:

Vincent posted:

Alternate ending:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
They could not be into it but respect the lifestyle. Don't wanna assume anything here.