Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Post Hawkeye panels on the hopes that the Hawkeye series rumour turns out to be true, and Clint is training Kate

Hey, you looked too, dude. Don't pin this all on Steve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, I wish my job had these rooms.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Green Lantern Corps #207

Hal Jordan, Greatest of the Green Lanterns, everybody!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ygolonac posted:

At least post the full image - Cassie's spit-take deserves to live, even though she didn't.

I like that Cassie is the only thing that isn't a c/p across those panels.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

I love the blatant ripoffs of Rumiko Takahashi's works :allears:

"Noone will know about Maison Ikkoku or Urusei Yatsura!"
You have to remember, Ninja High School was from the time where you couldn't just get manga anywhere, and anime was called "Japanimation" and you had to spend $60 for a three-episode VHS at the Suncoast Video.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So does the comic ever actually explain why he's making that guy's life a living hell?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Old pulp mags. This one is from the Al Williamson collection.
I always love the old "any ending you can walk away from is a good one" style of writing back in the day.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

EC Comics loved the ole vampire fake-out ending. Where someone is rumored to be a vampire but the main character investigates and discovers actually they aren't because of ____. Then it turns out the main character was actually a vampire the entire time.
Unless they were a werewolf.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lobok posted:

Flash feels so bad for Green Arrow using such an aerodynamically poor arrow that he's secretly the one who actually carries it to its target once it's loosed.

That's a true friend right there.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Alaois posted:

wait did you think all the stuff after the page break wasn't just a gag lmao
...it's X-Men. None of that was a non-zero chance of being canon.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

Of course Gambit texts in his accent.

Of course he does.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Given his stance on "darkness" in comics, I imagine Grant's not too happy about how the only way anyone's using the cool multiverse he was asked to build for DC is for the grimdark crap and to kill off the worlds he created.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Like that kid wouldn't have ended up in jail for the rest of his life when he tried to return the money, if he wasn't shot.
Actually, the more unbelievable part is that the kid went into a stockbrokers' office, showed them his million dollars, and the stockbrokers invested the money for him instead of ripping him off.

Even more unbelievable is that they tried to reboot it.

(It ran six whole issues, everyone accidentally gets superpowers via nanites, and it ends with them buying the Teen Titans.)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gnome de plume posted:

Really needs to rethink the batarang design if he wants his "does not kill" to be taken seriously

Batman and Robin #10 (2012)

When you have to put together a new rogue's gallery but the comic's due in 20 minutes.

Honestly this just reminds me of Torque and...what was that Bat-villain whose shitck was "has a literal hole through her head"?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Crowetron posted:

It looks like someone cut his eyelids off.
I think he did this thing where he's taking super-drugs to increase his intellect but it also keeps him from sleeping for days on end.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

How Wonderful! posted:

Bitchin' Magneto.

Bitchin' Magneto! Bitchin' Magneto!
Terrorized my neighbors!
Bitchin' Magneto! Bitchin' Magneto!
Now in all the papers!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sadly, I don't know the issue.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Barbelith posted:

I dimly remember Daniel showing up in a JLA story by Morrison, something which also featured Starro?
Yes, it was a story where Starro was invading both Earth and the Dreaming at the same time. J'onn makes mention of having met the previous Dream back in the satellite era, too.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

How vulnerable is The Tick to damage?
One Sam Guthrine's worth.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

delfin posted:

While the Carrot is indeed a vicious firebrand of law and order whose foaming wrath is mighty, he does restrain himself against those who are undeserving... such as a young man who has caught the Carrot in the middle of a booty call with his beloved.

Flaming Carrot Comics #5 (1985)
This reminded me of this classic page, which I haven't thought of in ages.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I just love how his giant-rear end collar is sticking up in every panel.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Elissimpark posted:

No, it's an extended rant about creator's rights. I'm pretty sure Sim had high hopes for Image Comics, because there's a whole chunk of Cerebus that follows a similar theme. I read it recently to see if I could see when Sim starts to go off the rails, and there's several issues with very specific references to late 90's comics that hasn't aged very well.

Not that Cerebus aged well in the first place.
Honestly the last page of Spawn #10 is still one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen in a comic book.

FOREVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh poo poo is it time to introduce more people to the batshit mind of Fletcher Hanks?

e:

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jul 22, 2021