Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

I liked Kid Radd quite a bit. Fun experiments with the medium.

Thank you for linking this, I had a soft spot for Kid Radd :downs:

EDIT: The fact it's all original spritework instead of recolors or light edits also helped.

Existential edit: That comic ended loving ten years ago.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

That's why I think it's stupid when people point out that this or that superhero reminds them of a Tatsunoko character or Kamen Rider or whatever. No, really? Does Superman remind you of Sentry, too?

Make more Tekkaman blade references with Darkhawk, TIA.

Yes I know he's dead or something. But he's basically the first comic book character I read multiple books involving so I got a softspot for him, even if I never kept up with his appearances after his comic run ended :downs:

Which is funny because the first comic of his I read was when Venom basically threw a fight out of pity.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ghostlight posted:

[Deadpool #2]

Sometimes the 4th wall gags feel overly forced, and sometimes they are the best loving thing in the whole world :allears:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

404GoonNotFound posted:

Forget Hackman, what about Sheeva and the rest of the Shokan?

Beat me to it, but I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking it.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

WickedHate posted:

Because she's a little girl who just woke up in the middle of the night to find a dark, scary figure terrorizing her father.

Alternatively, it was still the Silver Age when she was a kid and that sort of thing just happens.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Taerkar posted:

I remember killing him repeatedly in Serious Sam!

This one. This one is my favorite :allears:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Phy posted:

Hey, speaking of God of Thunder. From Issue 12:

Thor has just saved the universe's gods from the God Butcher, with the help of his past and future selves. Now he returns to his beloved Earth, to catch up on stuff he's been missing. He brings the rarest fruit in the universe to a convicted man's last meal. He brings fantastic food to abandoned children in Rio. He brings extinct seeds from the Halls of All-Life to a Catholic convent. He brings tales of his travels to a Tibetan monk. He brings a feast to wounded veterans. He brings rain to a desert.

And then he brings pain

to the foolish.

Well, the signs ARE accurate at least, in their case :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

The Lone Badger posted:

Who wouldn't read a magazine called Dropkick Enthusiast?

Beaten, but I don't care where is my dropkick enthusiast subscription options gimme.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

The Taint Reaper posted:

I wish the comic book had product placement with Orange Crush Soda.

IT WOULD GIVE IT DEEPER MEANING

Ahem I'll have you know Orange Slice is clearly superior :colbert:

I, what?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

hiddenriverninja posted:

For some reason I was a real fanboy of Darkhawk as a kid. A sad, sad kid.

God, why do I think Darkhawk was so cool? Most of his actual comics run was getting his rear end kicked, the very first comic of his I read was the one where Venom played dead because he felt SORRY for Darkhawk (who was dying at the time, because loving TOMBSTONE yanked out his plot crystal) :allears: Dramatic battles included Darkhawk taking off his helmet to gross people out with how hideous his off panel bioandroid head was, and also failing when another Darkhawk body guy did the same to him :downs:

But damnit, I still like him. Even though I think he's dead because of Battle Royal ripoff or whatever I didn't really keep track of his appearances after his old series ended with him getting his life back together and not being ALL ANGRY ALL THE TIME.

Hmm, maybe him and Raiden should compare notes.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
My second comic with Darkhawk I ever read was one of the few I've bought back then, at the local drug store. (it was to be continued in the new warriors :downs:)

Hanging out with the new warriors, OH NO DARKHAWK CAN'T EAT PIZZA! Dare he change to his secret identity to eat pizza!?

John Yossarian posted:

I've always liked Darkhawk, too. I remember he had a nemesis/ally named Portal. Portal was a mutant that could teleport, and he wore armor that was really similar to Darkhawk, except it was green.

Which is pretty badass considering that's like skinning a terminator.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Batgirl power ranger is pretty okay, and at least Power Girl's costume is just a few tweaks in that :japan: picture.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

prefect posted:

To reiterate what someone pointed out the last time this was posted, it's even more awesome that in the last panel, the Cyttorak monster is smiling along with Rockslide. :3:

Oh good, I was worried I was just imagining it :allears:

Hey Rockslide, you remember how comics are supposed to be fun and enjoyable? I barely know you except from this thread but I know you got things right.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

TheCenturion posted:

Civil War was probably the closest, or the whole Mutant Registration Act/Sentinals 'for your own protection'/Concentration Camps progression, for America at least.

If superhumans showed up in America, they'd be nationalized (de facto or de jure) or they'd be Gitmo'd. America has a long history of both.

Honestly the thing that makes me the most mad about sentinels is because robots are cool but noooo now Mutants are gonna hate every Robot just because a few of them are single minded killing machines, made so because a few mutants are single minded killing machines.

It's a vicious cycle of mutant on robot racism.

zoux posted:

Bro if Dormammu was stalking the earth eating souls and Galactus was an annual problem death by bleeding ulcer would be the number one cause of mortality.

That's not stress, that's the alien parasites.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Jonah's sitting at home alone, quietly eating dinner while his faithful dog sits nearby when suddenly the dog rips an absolutely rank fart. Immediately Jonah leaps to his feet, sending his food flying, bellowing "CURSE YOU, SPIDER-MAN!"

I'll never figure out why he named his dog Spider-Man. Maybe he likes to keep a reminder of work at home?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

AnonSpore posted:

A walking tumor in a bad wig just walked in with a huge gun and all that prostitute in the second page can muster is a vague expression of slight distress
That isn't a disguise. Deadpool is their co-worker.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

We are in good hands.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I didn't read much of the original run, but I recall one storyline that had Raph getting his mutant blood sucked out of him by a leech, which then became a giant mutant under the orders of some sort of nature elemental literally called "Old Man River". And because he had no mutant blood, he'd reverted to a regular turtle because that's how genetic modifications work.

If I'm remembering right, this gets resolved by normal turtle Raph biting the mutant leech so hard and off panel, he basically chugs his own mutant blood or something because then he comes back into view as mutant Raph demanding a beer.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's been done. 21 years ago, in fact.

(Because of course it has.)

Honestly I think the biggest surprise, is that anyone is surprised anymore when it turns out a "protocol" droid is some kind of murder bot.

I loving love the electrical tape X on that link though, I don't know why but I think it's just great :allears:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

When I think "Comic books" in a sense of something fun that brings a smile to your face, I'm glad things like this are continuing to turn up.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Johnny Aztec posted:

That's pretty much on the lovely end of the powers spectrum.

I know basically nothing about Shark Girl and I think she's cool.

Being a shark person is only on the "low end" when comparing against prime time superstar bullshit mutants. Shark person is still awesome unless you get "needs to live in a fish tank because mutant powers are a lovely lottery" variety shark person.

If you can ask a small child "Hey, would being X be awesome?" and the answer is yes, it's a good power.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The ending plot twist is that it was Daredevil dressed up like spider-man the whole time. Wolverine was in on it, but thought it was funny.

EDIT: Oh, hello new page :doh:

Majuju posted:

Kalan, Failla, Saito & Herring
SPIDER-MAN AND THE X-MEN #6 2015
Pixels, because I get the digital version

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
RE; spoilers, I took that last moment of the scene as a comparison joke from a scene in the first avengers movie anyway. "Hey, remember this? It's happening to HIM now! FUNNY!"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

The MSJ posted:

I hope someone will taunt Slade with a joke about his hands finally being the right size for "Deathstroking". Then Slade kills him by dual-wielding toothpicks. Cocktail swords.

There we go.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

:golfclap:

For whatever reason, this is my favorite so far.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The X-Men jumping off an erupting volcano with their giant logo next to it was pretty sweet if you were only allowed five seconds for your show intro :allears:

Thank you for showing me this lovely thing. Even if I'm still trying to work out where the Moon fits into all this.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SynthOrange posted:

AvP #2's pretty great. It's going off the rails at an alarming pace.

Well, Cthulhu DOES have a pretty big skull. This could work.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Dolash posted:

Worthy-man, Worthy-man,
Possess the power of Thor he can.

Though you for this. This really improved my mood :allears:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

TwoPair posted:

As long as Jughead eats a shark, I will forgive the series.

Before, or after a shark eats Jughead? Eh, better do both just to make sure.

Jughead is eaten by a shark, eats his way out, then eats a second shark who is too shocked at seeing jughead eat his way out of the shark that ate him to prevent being eaten by the man who ate the shark who ate him.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Keromaru5 posted:

I'm guessing there's no panel where Sinister throws the wine glass and says "What is a man?!"

"A miserable pile of Geeeeeeeeeeeeeenes!"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Majuju posted:

I think you mean JEAAAAAAANS???

To make JEAAAAAANS clones you need GEEEEEEENES, obviously :pseudo:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

bobkatt013 posted:

If you like a status they give you a comic character and you have to post pics of that character.

In the words of Referee Mills Lane, "I'll allow it!"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

He spent an entire issue beating the poo poo out of him, then Tony was so scared and beat up that he gave Asgard diplomatic immunity from the registration act and ran with his tail between his legs.

Then Thor was a huge dick to him for like a year any time they met, until they bonded over murdering Sentry.

I guess Thor really hates paperwork then, considering the form would read "Thor. Secret Identity, also Thor. You idiot"

Well, when he's not working construction at least. Which was already a SHIELD Registered identity anyways :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

Donald Blake? But you forget, the registration act would also have made every Asgardian essentially a slave to the US government to be used in military action as they see fit.

I suppose that's what I get for not reading or paying too much attention to the Civil War :downs:

I'm still standing by the assumption that Thor hates paperwork though, that still works either way.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
BEHOLD! OPTIC JEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN!

Why do I love it every time people make these jokes what is wrong with me?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
All this talk about what a PROPER nazi science villain should look like got me searching for Baron Zemo panels.

Because I am apparently nine years old, I came across this and laughed at it instead.

EDIT: Requesting funny Baron Zemo panels, TIA.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 14, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Oh my loving god, it's like a Chinese knockoff toy come to life.

it's perfect :swoon:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I kinda like the cage bars one. It's not your fault Hal, that's just how comic and cartoon artists draw cages.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

no he's just an idiot

Oh my god :allears:

Thank you for this. The fact he admits he's loving up in these recent panels just makes it all the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"Robin! Only I'm allowed to brutalize people with no though of the consequences, jeez :rolleyes:"