Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Ghostlight posted:

Iron Hitler was also not a tie in.

I'm picturing JJJ patiently waiting there while someone sharpies his loving face on the helmet and I can't stop laughing

Mover posted:

Some discussion in the movie thread reminded me of some 60s Namor lovin' from Daredevil #7--way back.

Namor shows up in Manhattan, and he wants to sue the surface world! The only problem? He can't figure out hi tech human contraptions, like doors.

You'd think this was a one-off joke, but I promise that we are about to be treated to three straight pages of Namor being utterly helpless when he needs to enter or exit a room. Let's see what happens EXACTLY 60 SECONDS LATER:

Has he figured this door thing out yet? How will ever be able to leave the offices of Nelson & Murdock, Attorneys at Law?

Ah.

God I love Namor :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

SynthOrange posted:

The nameless bum

Well you're halfway there, Ant-Man

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Yeah but then you're just buying buttons by the pallet and spending all your downtime seeing them back onto your shirts. The correct answer is to be Peter Parker and just tell everyone your secret identity.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Choco1980 posted:

So, does that mean next time Scott is going to...oh god

The ANT in the MAN-HILL!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Lurdiak posted:

If it's any consolation, Scarlet Spider hates Houston more than you possibly could.

I'm from Houston and I agree with Scarlet Spider.

How does a Spider-Guy even function in a city with only 5-6 big skyscrapers that are all within a couple blocks of each other? He'd have to be jumping from car to car on I-10 just to get anywhere.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Josef bugman posted:

I really hope that the new Doctor Strange film is just Benedict Cumberbatch doing a lengthy impression of Dr. Orpheus.

I've never read his solo stuff, but when Strange showed up in Howard the Duck I absolutely read his dialogue in Orpheus' voice.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
:krad:

I really need to read Dr Strange

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Superman #7.
Clark promises to take an evening's rest from superheroing to take the family to the fair.

How is this run? Is it completely tied up in company-wide event bullshit or can it be enjoyed on its own?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Only slightly more creative than Hal's usual "make a bigger fist" strategy.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
edit nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Dolash posted:

Edit: Normally I might edit out my answer to your question now that you've edited it out, but I already made the effort to Google how to spell Clevinger and I'm not letting that go to waste.

Yeah, sorry, I confused Bendis with Hickman for some reason. :doh: