Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Fraction had a loop of the Mustafa Old Spice ads running while he was googling those facts, didn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...Wait, why are Typhoid Mary and Black Cat working together to kill the Hawkeyes?

Also, can someone with a scanner/better image clipping skills than me post the page from Squirrel Girl #1 with her possible ways to defeat Kraven?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Thanks a lot Slott.

...Do I want to know? Because last time I was reading ASM was when she had gotten a job in JJ's administration so she could case City Hall. That seemed like, regular burglary type stuff. Did she get possessed by Malice or something dumb during Superior?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

Is there more than the one posted higher up on the page?

:downs: I reed gud.

Seriously, I didn't even see it was posted. Alternatively, someone went back in time to answer my plea.

(It's not the time travel thing.)

I love her little muffin and the flying car in the last sequence, though, which is why I asked.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 11, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's from Neal Adams' modern masterpiece, Batman: Odyssey.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
As for what the gently caress is going on in that panel, or the comic as a whole? :iiam:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They're right, he did.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
No but you see Hazmat not overcoming the fears the school had for her is really surprising yet logical because

Yeah, I got nothing. Marvel saw the Hunger Games make a bajillion dollars and jumped on the bandwagon.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

Why is he called mettle? Because we can see what he's made of?

Yes. Also what he's made of is iridium.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I like that Gamora's the one taking the selfie, not Solar-King.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Honestly, the way those tie-ins were constructed - as largely a series of interconnected set-pieces - played to Land's... I hesitate to use the word "strengths" in connection with Greg Land, but there it is.

Greg Land's Strengths
*Fast
*Reliable
*Can draw with one hand otherwise occupied.
*Is ambidextrous (see #3)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I would've figured Groot would be the GM. And Gamora looks like she's going "Just loving roll, no-one cares about your backstory, Nerd-Lord"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

prefect posted:

She's his wife. (Were they married at that point?

Yes. The wedding happened in a New Avengers annual like 5 years before that issue. I think Pete was even there.
And of course Captain America's not reacting, Bucky barely knows these people. Wolverine's probably just learned to enjoy the soap opera from years with the X-Men. Or he's hungover.

And that's a less embarrassing admission than the one she could make about Johnny Storm.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

And then if you find out the ex was Spider-man, well poo poo.

Except they never dated. Jessica was the dork that was too dorky for Peter 'Dork' Parker. Then she was in a car accident with a chemical truck and got powers slightly beyond those of mortal woman.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sefer posted:

Didn't she actually make that admission when meeting him at some point? I vaguely remember that happening.

I don't think "I used to masturbate to pictures of you" is the kind of thing anyone, man or woman, tells a theoretical colleague, celebrity or no.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also PB's a mad scientist. Of course she monologues to herself while sciencing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I dimly recall it, and I think it might've been in Kirkman's Marvel Team-Up.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I doubt Sauron's patented that technology. Couldn't Peter just, y'know, copy it and have his company cure cancer?

Also, Sauron as Dr Dinosaur is pretty much perfect characterisation.

The Question IRL posted:

Bottomline, I really didn't like Kirkman's Marvel stuff. By and large it was fairly meanspirited somehow.

So, it's a Robert Kirkman book, is what you're saying? I've always felt he's like that one kid that was so hyped when Azrael became Batman and finally started icing the bad-guys, and NOW MOM WILL SEE THAT COMICS ARE FOR ADULTS!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is that book an ongoing? I keep seeing it on Comixology and assuming it's a mini, but there's no "#x of Y".

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Its an ongoing as its replacing Wolverine and the X-men.

Someone in the X-Men office really liked that arc from Avengers Academy where Peter was a guest teacher, huh?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Metal Loaf posted:

I think there's also a scene somewhere (maybe one of the animated films) in which one of Luthor's labs discovers the cure for cancer (while Superman is in the Fortress of Solitude trying and failing to do the same thing), and he immediately orders them to work out how to turn it into a series of lifetime treatments to maximise its profitability.

This just reminds me of the sad/hilarious scene from Teen Titans where Speedy asks the group to see if Luthor has a cure for HIV/AIDS.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
House of M Hulk ruled.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

goatface posted:

President of Australia.

The flag is a good clue, but the Aboriginal skin markings are pretty nice too.

As I recall, Banner had gone Walkabout to try and contain the Hulk.

It didn't work.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Why would Logan not want to hire Gorilla Man? Ken and him'd get along great, sharing war stories, getting drunk, watching hockey.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Not the last time Transonic gets teased about wandering around naked.

You think she'd put on some pants or something.
New X-Men, dunno number.

Her costume is being a Mystique cosplayer.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

Kitty Pride has always been a terrible person, her panache for tonedeaf equivocation of mutie and actual slurs was a pretty big signpost.

...OK, like, I can understand if you think the writer was being dumb, but, in-story, how is Kitty wrong for making that argument?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

Being a minority does not give you carte blanche access to all slurs for your vocabulary. It is mostly dumber writers but then I was mostly joking.

Fair enough. I've only ever seen stories where Kitty talks about that in relation to her being Jewish (I think most recently Bendis had her give a big monologue about anti-semites at school?)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And once again, comics artists really don't know how to do people between the ages of 5 and 17.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

It's either toddler or supermodel, there is nothing in between.

Supermodels are usually flat-chested, so they're not good at those either.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Knormal posted:

Here Batman is interrupted by either a young Stephanie Brown, or a tiny quarterback. (Batman Etermal 11)

I could almost be convinced that the colourist and letterer used all that purple so you'd know that's supposed to be Spoiler.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Is this the most homaged panel in comics history?

God no. I don't even think it's the most homaged panel from that run. (That's either the death of Dark Phoenix or that panel of Wolverine in the sewer below the Hellfire Club)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

It's the same villain that always managed to get Superman to stand still long enough to wrap him in chains.

To be fair, if I was Superman in the early days, I'd let people chain me up just so I could burst free and scare the poo poo out of the bad guys too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

No no no. The Face is someone completely different. He's most notable for suggesting Ms. Martian turn into a giant vulva for him to perform oral sex on.

...Tell me you're joking. Tell me you made that up. I don't care if it's ACTUALLY true, I just need you to tell me it's not.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well that and the fact is in in fact, true.

WHAT DID I SAY? I ASKED FOR THE OPPOSITE OF THIS!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I was gonna say that sounds like you're reading more into it than Johns meant and making it worse, then I remembered that scene from Johns' Avengers run, with Hank Pym going down on Jan.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phylodox posted:

And straight into 1968 with Afterlife With Archie.

Hey, the current story in the main books is very contemporary. Veronica is addicted to Candy Crush.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I hope Lucy picks up the new Starfire solo book, by Conner and Palmiotti and that one lady that's doing the pencils whose name I can't spell!

Say Nothing posted:

That particular issue gets surprisingly racy.

gently caress it, bunnyofdoom made a comment way worse than asking. Were they making out? Like, I know that's the punchline, that Mr Lodge must be thinking they were, but like, what else could they be doing, topless, in each other's arms that would lead to a hilarious misunderstanding?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Titania knocks Crusher out and gives herself up right after that, because, um, sisterhood? I dunno, that whole scene came off really clunky, like Aaron screaming really loudly that he's a feminist without actually having anything specific to say about feminism.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Old Thor is literally crossing names off a list trying to work it out. (He's basically eliminated his mum, and that's about it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Nah. It just seems like Mjolnir has it's own thing going on. Like, there's parts where she says things about the frost giants or whatever, but her thought bubbles are all "where did that come from?!"

Mjolnir also apparently wants her to make a good first impression, because she has the whole 'let go of the hammer too long and turn back to normal person' limit, and the hammer is not just responsible for the costume, but her makeup as well.