Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Why do so many comic book creators seem to suffer genuine mental breakdowns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
All the most iconic covers are full of weird unexplained poo poo. Who's the terrified guy Spider-Man is carrying? Why is Superman destroying a car and terrifying everyone? If laser beams and rocket launcher haven't done the trick why does Iceman think that snowballs will - and where the hell is Beast swinging from?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Somehow the weirdest thing about those comics is that his mouth is always closed, even when he speaks.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

The MSJ posted:

and at least the muscles are justifiable for super strength character

I thought she had like tactile telekinesis or some poo poo.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
MY RUBY QUARTZ ViSOR

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

redbackground posted:

-Superman Annual 1-

Lois, keeping it classy with The Wall. How Lois was even still alive after that panel I'll never know.

Her boyfriend?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Keeshhound posted:

Jean, you died. It's in the goddamned vows, let it go.

No wonder he jumped on Emma Frost as fast as he did. He probably thought he could bang her for like three weeks top and then Jean would appear or a clone of her or an alternate dimension version of her or an alternate dimension version of their common child or the alternate dimension version of the common child of him and her clone or the evil clone of the alternate dimension version of the common child of him and her clone or the alternate future version of the alternate dimension version of the common child of him and her clone

Either way it would be really awkward.

Between all that and the four different hosed up father figures he's had and the stuff with his brother and his alternate dimension/time travel shenanigans, for a guy whose power is to shoot beams out of his eyes, Scott Summers has had to deal with a lot of poo poo.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 8, 2015

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

ImpAtom posted:

The terrifying truth of Green Lanterns is that John Stewart is the most competent and Guy loving Gardner is the second most competent.

Well, Earth Oa Green Lanterns anyway. Alan is the most competent human with the name, and some of the space Green Lanterns seem like up to snuff.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ygolonac posted:

(X-Men Spotlight on... Starjammers #2, 1990)
Uhh didn't Dark Phoenix kill like five billion aliens? That's like dressing someone up as Hitler and being all :haw:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Squizzle posted:

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror info their hearts. I must be a creature of the night, white, terrible...a...a...

[Hitler ragdoll-crashes through the spaceship window, his prone form tumbling to rest in his own pooling blood at Corsair's feet.]

It's an omen! I shall become a Hitler!

Now imagine the first time he arrests a Jewish criminal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Mikl posted:

Not gonna lie, I love things like this. Reminds me of a Spider-man comic, I wanna say early 2000s? He was out on a stakeout and hadn't had time to eat dinner, so he was hungry, and he ran into a dude eating some popcorn on the fire stairs of his apartment, and asked him for some popcorn, and the dude was like "Man, only in New York, I love this city." Anyone remember what that issue was?

JMS's Spider-Man was full of those kind of humanizing moments. My favorite was him talking to an old guy who said he's a New Yorker and Spidey asking how he knows that and the guy was "Ask me again in that thick Queens accent how I know you're from New York." Also Spider-Man not having a driver's license because he got his powers in high school and just swings everywhere :haw:

Wish I knew the issues