Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

FredMSloniker posted:

...but... his eyes aren't closed. :raise:

He went blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Who's the baby daddy? I didn't even know she'd had a kid until seeing this.

Pretty obvious it was Norman Osborn.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I guess I need to get Renew Your Vows.

I just did yesterday. Holy heck this is good. All of it, even the semi-grimdark stuff. Why? Because it makes sense! It isn't just for the sake of being edgy but because of character development, just how drama should be.

And the cute stuff is super duper cute and awesome.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

purple death ray posted:

Can this replace the image you see when you try to access the forums on a banned account

It should just be the new Newbie image.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Slashrat posted:

Mythological Thor was drinking from it as part of a drinking contest. It could taste like literal piss and he would have kept chugging.

I can only hope to one day think beer tastes better than sea water.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

delfin posted:

Well, the Golden Glider isn't quite as good at Comic Book Science as she thinks.

YOU NEVER STOPPED TO THINK

(Flash v1 #303)

"You never stopped to think" needs to be the new thread title.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Unpleasant subjects such as "The author has no idea how genetics work"

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Ah, right, coke, a drug that makes you want to take a nap.

Well I mean if your heart exploded from snorting it you would take a nap too.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Darthemed posted:

Marvel Fanfare #27

For a moment , with the yellow and red thing going on I thought that was just a badly drawn Flash and he was just mad at cars in general for trying to go fast like him.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he commits lots of crimes, like jaywalking and driving without a license.

Also murdering people. With machine guns. And sometimes explosives.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

nerdman42 posted:

Uncanny X-Men #96

Reading the Claremont run for the first time is an utter delight so far.

You didn't die from nuclear holocaust along with the others Cyclops, are you ok with that? No?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Kalli posted:

Oh it wasn't anything so dramatic.

Count Nefaria tried to take control of Norad with his ani-pals. The X-men promptly routed them, and while running away, Thunderbird jumped on Nefaria's jet and punched it so hard it exploded, killing him.

The odds John Proudstar was going to have a long career were pretty low.

Well, I get that he'd be mad but uuuh... saving the entire world from death at the cost of a single guy would probably just leave me depressed, not wanting to punch stuff.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

From an early GI Joe comic. I love how hard rear end that trainer is--"Oh, you've been shot, by me--have an aspirin!"

That, uuuh, is going to lead to him bleeding out if he is intending him to keep fighting. Or massive complications in his recovery if the bullet isn't extracted.

Also what the hell is this Starship Troopers? Live fire exercises is one thing but firing at your own troops?

I am starting to think whoever wrote that is either having way too much fun or doesn't know how bullets work.

That or that guy firing thinks he went to the Cobra marksmanship course and isn't going to hit anyone even if he tried.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

Was it not Larry Hama, who was a Vietnam veteran?

Surviving Vietnam is an accomplishment, but I'm going to have to say if he had that kind of training he should be doubly honored for having a whackjob leader.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Wanderer posted:

That's one of the earliest issues of the G.I. Joe ongoing. It's somewhere between #2 and #5, as I recall. I had it in trade paperback as a kid.

Hama very much does know how bullets work; he's a Vietnam veteran and his operational specialty was specifically firearms and ordinance.

IIRC, the story from that issue has two of the Joes going undercover in a militia compound to find and retrieve the nuclear bomb they have on the premises, as the compound's leaders intend to train their militia to survive after World War III, then start it themselves. It's a plot point that the trainers are psychotic and the trainees are largely frightened and out-of-shape civilians.

That does make sense, thank you!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Well that's great and all but wouldn't the US just immediately invade because they are housing a known terror organization? Like blatantly hoisting their flag?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Phy posted:

I know of at least one occurence of naturally evolved gears, which is one more than I would have expected.

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2013/09/12/this-insect-has-gears-in-its-legs/

There is also that one bacteria that essentially emulates an outboard engine as it swims. Creationists thought it was proof it was made by a God until people pointed out the perfectly scientific reason it existed. Well, creationists still thought it was proof but there is no pleasing them.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

TwoPair posted:

No, to post a funny version you need to post the ridiculous Amazing Spider-Man 2 version where the webline makes a loving ridiculous tiny hand before he catches her/she dies.

What are you talking about, Gwen Stacy dying is the funniest moment in comics.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

There might be something wrong with you if you think that.

Well not when I first read it of course. It just became supremely funny the more people+marvel brought it up and how they absolutely positively couldn't stop to the point it took a retcon with the goblin kids to make people stop talking about it. Up until the marvel movie with the mini hand web as illustrated above.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Not sure where this belongs, but here seems as good a place as any.

Kamandi Challenge 10.

The only way to make that better is for one of the guns to have an underslung grenade launcher, or possibly a few missiles flying in from a side panel.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Alhazred posted:

Yeah, that guy is dead.

And how. Had a coworker die from something similar and that was an accident, not thrown by a buff vigilante.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Lobok posted:

You've earned a place in Valhalla.

Songs will be sung of this day.

Well technically a song already was sung.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Reed just casually letting him murder them makes him an accessory.

To heroism.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I am noticing a distinct lack of "Arrow" arrows. As in, you know, regular arrows.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Phylodox posted:

What the hell is an arrow arrow? An arrow that shoots arrows? That’s redundant.

Actually...

There is a gun that shoots swords. Redundancy isn't a thing that exists.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

What would Thor even keep in those pouches? Extra Mjolnirs?

As always, Hostess Pies.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

His new name shall be Anti-Venison, for his alien physiology requires only vegetarian sustenance now. And he just saw Bambi.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Just like a guy who can't spell darkside to get the offbrand version of Mein Kampf.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Brian Michael Bendis has, though his entire career, included gags in police stations where people would be getting carted into jail and be someone dressed like a superhero or whatever. That's Bendis being carried away, and the women are in Ms. Martian costumes. Bleeding Cool (sigh) has a gallery of them. The Captain Universe panel is Jonathon Hickman.

Also, looking it up, the guys carrying him away are the artist and colorist of Defenders.

That gag made me glare at my comic once when it appeared, massively out of place in the story. Even as a fan of dadaist or nonsensical humor it just fell flat.

It was funny the first few times though!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

"Well first off, you can stop finding bigger and bigger seashells. You aren't fooling anybody."

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The follow-up could also go in here, but that would slowly turn this thread into another NSM thread. And not one of those threads he almost forgot he had.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ok, we JUST had a panel from Newspaper Spider-Man but.. come on.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Whenever I manage to sneak up on my friends, I always put on a grin and go "Hi.. ." In Mr Popo's tone of voice. It works surprisingly well.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Elfface posted:

The point is, he melted the people at that unveiling long before he melted the statue.

Yeah, if he is burning hot enough to melt the marble by just passing near it for a few seconds there wouldn't be any witnesses left.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

All I am saying is that at one point in this set of multiverses it has to be a kite smashing through that window. Get on it DC.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

That raises some really awkward questions.

Black Panther is kind of an rear end, and full of poo poo sometimes. QED.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

gotta say I'm intrigued

edit: what a letdown

The bomb batarang looks like it would just fall down at his feet and explode.

The flashbulb one is a good idea, but about 40 years too early. A flashbang you can throw in a straight line and embed at head level is a neat invention after all.

...police whistle batarang? Does it whistle as you throw it? Or do you throw it to someone so they can whistle themselves?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Choco1980 posted:

I'm reminded of his first appearance in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. He and Spidey go back and forth trading verbal barbs, and then Spider-man has to stop and go "Hey, nice banter!!". And he's right, because all the villains up til then had been pretty dull in the mid-fight lines department.

It was a good way of showing him as a legitimate threat, somehow. And besides the prison episode, his writing was always top notch Goblin.

Real shame the series was replaced with the USM one.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Autism Sneaks posted:

Fantastic Four - Dark Reign #4

So, uuuh, are there cameras in there? I'm thinking shooting at children with obvious pop guns would get you in some trouble. Unless you're cops, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I wish comics like it and Marvel Adventures Spider-Man were available and ongoing right now. Dang but those were good.