Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Question IRL posted:

Just a quick update here.

Doom and the Masters of Evil is a fun series from the mid 2004's by Paul Tobin who did a lot of the Marvel Adventures stuff. Also the Pet Avengers which was awesome.

Issue 1 is the above scans where Doom threatens the Sinister Six to do a job for him.

Issue 2 is the issue where Doom recruits the Circus of Crime (AKA the one group of Marvel characters who will never be in the MCU.) and has them fight the Masters of Evil.
It's pretty awesome.

Issue 3 has unquestionably one of the best Recap pages ever produced. And in fact it could be just the recap page for every comic featuring Doom ever.

This should be the recap page for every issue of Secret Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Bizarro #2: Pictures of Bizarro and Jimmy Olsen's road trip across America.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Is Guy actually in any of the main DCU books right now? (JL3k1 doesn't count. Though his/her clumsy attempts at feminist solidarity are either really awkward by Giffen and JMdM or really, really funny)

He's in GL: The Lost Army as is John Stewart. And his new costume is awful.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Choco1980 posted:

Ah, the old "Bedrock Bump effect" eh?

Now I just want to watch that one Harvey Birdman episode with Green Lanterns instead of the Flintstones.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Spider-Verse #3: Due to weird bullshit involving them all being Spider-people, a bunch of spider-folk with false memories are starting to remember their old lives before Secret Wars. After crime-fighting goes poorly, the Sinister Six show up, knock them all out, and bring them to Norman Osborn.

Later on after some exposition...

I love "doesn't give a poo poo" Spider-Ham.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god stop fighting you're both pretty. Guardians Team-Up #7: Scott Lang helps Drax stay low-key in Miami.

I want a "Dost Thou Even Lift?" gym shirt

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

What the hell? Drax is from Earth.

It's cute that you still think writers are going to acknowledge anything about the Guardians' history or characterization that happened pre-movie.

Angela: Asgard's Assassin #5

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Here's a riddle: Why did people ever think a mullet was a good look?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Not that I don't appreciate you guys' Jack Kirby fanfiction, but here's some Batman and Robin #39. Robin's hanging out in the big leagues ever since he came back to life (with superpowers). Shazam is a cool guy.

(I'll address your follow-up questions: He had superpowers because he was brought to life with weird New God poo poo, no one really knows why. He no longer has superpowers, he burnt them out.)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde #2:

I love the New Mutdroids so much.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
A match made in heaven

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

Hearing people describe the ridiculousness of silver age stories is always more fun than actually reading them

Agreed. I would much rather read a synopsis of the madness within and then let my brain fill in the gaps than actually read the story. The only really old comics that are good to read are, as always, Spidey Super Stories.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cangelosi posted:

There's an Instagram account called, appropriately enough, "ComicallyRandom" that has been putting out some pretty obscure and strange out of context comic panels lately. Might as well repost some of the most-liked for us to analyze.

So, "Sad Pulsating Rhythms and His Gay Guitar": Worst Band Name Ever or Best? Discuss.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Spider-Verse #4: Spider-Ham continues to be the best part of this book.

Spider-Ham is also really not that bright:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Methinks you guys are getting way too riled up about what is largely a joke panel set in an alternate universe with an entirely different creative team than the normal Squirrel Girl book. But clearly you have some issues to work out towards this squirrel-powered girl so maybe you should whine about it for a couple of pages wait never mind please do the opposite.

New Warriors #5: The New Warriors just beat the High Evolutionary.

The perfect talking cat and dog.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
P-Cat the Penitent Puss should make a dramatic return to the Pet Avengers

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
New Warriors #9: gently caress context.

please make squirrel girl art discussion a bannable offense X-O

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Clearly having Wong around has completely ruined Strange. I imagine him hanging around the Sanctum Sanctorum while Wong's on vacation living like a loving slob.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

hiddenriverninja posted:

So apparently I own that aforementioned tidbit of history (sorry for the weird angle and huge camera phone shots):

Just a heads up, some of your "huge camera phone shots" somehow uploaded as thumbnails.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dario the Wop posted:

May I post the rest?

We don't have a Ruin the Moment thread at the moment so I guess this is the best place for it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Travis343 posted:

If they're stored alphabetically Oregon Trail is not too far away.

Loads wrong disk into Optimus' rebuilt empty body: "AUTOBOTS, I HAVE DIED OF DYSENTERY", immediately shuts down

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ignite Memories posted:

That's logan's mind? Where the gently caress is jean??

There's a whole wing for her.

I actually half-remember this comic. There were a lot of good gags like that. I think at one point there's a bunch of signs pointing in different directions at a crossroads and one points toward "Things I hate about Scott"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Spider-Verse #5 A bunch of Spider-Folks fight a Thor

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Robin Son of Batman #3:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Why people think Gambit ever looked cool is beyond me.

I think his current look is alright but yeah I have no idea what the hell that costume is trying to do.

Anyway here's Secret Wars Battleworld #2:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Yes, this comic is about a cowboy who goes to Mars to fight Nazis. It is surprisingly boring!

I like how despite it being ~IN SPAAACE~ everything is from Earth. Cowboys, Nazis, okay maybe strange-eared hipster sidekick is a martian.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ferrule posted:

Also, weren't, like, all of the JLA in that ish under some sort of mind-control? So they were "slower" and less like "themselves"?

Yeah, Joker-toxin'd

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I mean, she's called Squirrel girl.

Yeah but drat you can't even see her bottom lip. Like she's got to have a massive speech impediment.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Touche

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

That sounds like a soldier you can recruit in Metal Gear Solid V.

poo poo, now I'm disappointed that it probably isn't.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Poorly obviously, why else would he be calling Captain America?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

I don't know what's going on in that page, but Batman isn't having any of it.

Martian Manhunter, on the other hand, really has to go poop.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

Nah he looks severely old in the South America mission when he's getting a check up by Naomi and he takes the suit off.

I dunno man I know he looks sickly but I'd love to be that buff when I'm old (or when my nanomachines malfunction and start to artificially age me)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Captain Bravo posted:

I am dying at: "Do not talk to the snakes." "Hey girl, what's up?"

I like to imagine there's no actual danger to the snakes, they're just assholes and Strange hates them.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Die Laughing posted:

The Spiderverse tie in that has Miles Morales, and the Peter Parker from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon going to the 60's Spidey cartoon universe was fun too.

Definitely the only time (TV) Ultimate Spider-Man was funny. :rimshot:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
My favorite Marvel 2099 thing is still the use of "shock" as a substitute for "gently caress". Like... how would that happen, culturally? I mean I know how language can evolve and words can take on new meanings over time but like... what do they call electrical discharges in 2099?

ANYWAY Batman & Robin Eternal #2: Dick Grayson is annoyed by the influx of heroes in Gotham.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Martian Manhunter #6: no context necessary

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, depending on how it worked, teaching HAL English makes sense.

Hell, one of the most common methods of creating experimental AI for us these days involves throwing enormous amounts of conversation transcripts at them, and we often refer to that as teaching. Once the computer gets intelligent enough to process natural feedback, learning through real-time conversations is totally realistic.

But when in the learning process do you teach the AIs how to smash cameras?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Looks like not only did Trump get his campaign slogan from that Spider-Man comic I wrote, but also his gimmick of "crypto-fascist super-villain president."

My god Trump's love of bad trucker hats finally makes sense

e: also I can't read the line "make America great again" in any context ever without thinking of Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising

VVV : poo poo you're right

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Goons overthink simple sight gag, film at 11.

Marvel Holiday Special: Kamala Khan is all depressed/angry because she feels her culture prevents her from enjoying the month of December like everyone else.

Well she's not wrong.