Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

howe_sam posted:

"It seemed Superman had one." :psyboom:

considering everything else is correctly spelled, and it's only homonyms that are wrong, it was probably written text to speech and then left unedited. at least that's my game theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Random Stranger posted:

It's canon that Clark Kent has a squeaky voice.

bill's analysis of clark kent as superman's critique of the human race has a lot of textual evidence tbh

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
in interviews he's usually pretty upfront with "i think violence is cool." like inglorious basterds he was like "what are you NOT gonna kill a nazi?"

dude did uma thurman dirty, but it's hard to not respect that kind of attitude. course, hating nazis was obvious back when basterds came out, not so much now so maybe his position has changed lmao

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

that's che guevara, by the way

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
we'll always have that one comic with batman's dick, even if the cowards at dc edited it out of reprints

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
probably stan and claremont constantly having him complain about his blasted eyes and just being a general debbie downer

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lobok posted:

Sending "proof I'm not a virgin" pics to your teacher isn't lame?

"hey, madelyne (it's madelyne there, right?), i'm gonna send the professor a pic of us in our honeymoon bed, okay. i just need to set up the tripod and the timer on the camera. gently caress, i don't think that one worked. okay i'll just set it up ag- yeah it went off already. i don't know what's wrong. let me check and make sure the film's still goo- no, yeah, i just ruined it. now i gotta go where film is stored, a thing i know about because this is- yeah the analog camera days. anyway be right back, don't get dressed, please"

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adnor posted:

A friend sent me this, from Lone Wolf and Cub:

Yes, that man is in a box. According to my friend, the other pages should be in the Badass thread.

it's pretty great, the guy in the box is a former samurai who's renounced violence and lives his life as a beggar using the table as a game; basically, samurai try to cut off his head for money, and he uses his swordsman skills to evade/grab the blade. then he sees ogami itto and his son daigoro, and instantly recognizes him as a mass murderer, and he basically says to him "i've renounced violence because i don't want to kill people, but if i let you walk away now you'll kill dozens if not hundreds, and so it's my duty to try to kill you, but i'll do it using the skills i've acquired doing this game." and itto, despite the fact that he walks the path of meifumado and has renounced bushido, still has respect for true warriors, and so accepts his challenge. i forget exactly what happens next, cause it's been a while since i read it, but i'm pretty sure it involves throwing a sword cause that happened a lot

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TwoPair posted:

I still maintain that, on paper, Evil Cap was/is not a bad idea. At least no more so than any other evil version or body-snatch of a superhero ever made. The problem was just a combination of poor execution and tragic timing with real world events.

i mean, evil cap is one thing, but making him a member of a neo-nazi group, considering the whole "created by two jewish men and punched hitler before america was even at war with germany" thing was in poor taste

the fact that the writer doubled down and made fun of people upset about that didn't help matters. it just came off really tone deaf and turned a lot of people off of marvel

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skwirl posted:

That's an unfair characterization. He had a Japanese pseudonym to write and pitch books with a Japanese focus in violation of company policy about editors also writing books.

i remember reading the elektra book he wrote and going “this is incredibly historically inaccurate, who wrote this... a japanese guy?!” so my surprise retroactively means i caught it

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Random Stranger posted:

I've got a couple large volumes of that comic but I don't know enough about mah jongg for it to remotely make sense with my meager Japanese.

no that's kaiji, the manga about gambling. you're thinking of akagi, the manga about gambling by the same author

see, kaiji has dark hair, but akagi? akagi has white hair. that's how you can tell the difference

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i watched the anime adaptation and got really upset that they ended it on a cliffhanger. i'd watch the drama but i don't want the same thing to happen to me! i can only watch akagi defeat the blind mahjong player so many times!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
it is; riverdale is a wild ride