Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
Source: Runaways (2017) #25 , #26
Gib is a nice guy! Unfortunately, he's the progeny of ancient evil gods and needs to feed on the souls of the living. He's trying not to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Not sure what's happening in the first one but I adore the second.

Molly is trying to sacrifice her plush to feed him. It doesn't work.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Mr. Maltose posted:

Yes, and the first episodes adapt the general superhero joke stuff before the beginning of wrestling times.

Well, the beginning of being exclusively wrestling times, Kinnikuman has always been wrestling. Terry Funk shows up like seven chapters in and becomes a permanent supporting character.

To be more specific, Terryman, who is just Young Terry Funk Who Is Also An Anime Superhero, is Kinnikuman's best friend and rival throughout almost the entire series, probably the second-most prominent character.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Selachian posted:

See, his claws have silicon sheaths. So all he has to do is run those boys through an autoclave and he's perfectly sterile.

Unfortunately, pretty much all of this has been retconned, except for the names of the bones (unless Marvel bones are extra special).
Bone claws and all that in the 90s.

For content:

Source: Power Pack (2020) #5

Source: Currently unknown! I would like some help with this.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Air Skwirl posted:

I think it's fine in the Hulk's case. He really just doesn't use pronouns often. He really does just use some ones name instead of saying he/she/they most of the time,

Hulk would be a great pro wrestling commentator. You shouldn't be using pronouns anyway so that the audience always knows which wrestler you're talking about.
Also, well, Hulk as a commentator would just be delightful. They'd probably lose even more announce tables than they usually do, though.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: Daredevil (2023) #1

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Uthor posted:

Wait, I thought he hated that future?

EDIT: Might as well post the full strip

Suleman fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 19, 2023

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: Avengers Inc. #1

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Slashrat posted:

Ironically three of the four main characters in the game are supposedly former police officers, who have gone vigilante in reaction to local government being corrupted by organized crime. So despite what the image implies, the game is arguably more optimistic about law enforcement than what reality warrants, insofar that its corruption is portrayed as an aberration rather than its natural state in the absence of effort to prevent it.

Doesn't Streets Of Rage also have a powerup or an easy mode option or something that makes the police shoot mortars (actual loving mortars) around you to clear the screen?

EDIT:
Yeah.

Suleman fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 30, 2023

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Binary Badger posted:

Dunno why Batman's head isn't sailing past Jupiter at this point

Christmas magic. Superman is weak to magic, it's known.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Ghost Manor #76 (1984)

Source: The Popeye comic strip

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: Invincible Iron Man(2022) #14

Source: Amazing Spider-Man (2022) #42

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

brainSnakes posted:

I didn't know Kingpin was dating Cruella De Vil. Good for them.

That would be Typhoid Mary, a femme fatale Daredevil villain with dissociative identity disorder of varying severity, murderous tendencies and a number of psychic powers.

She has the blessing and the curse of being designed at a very specific time in fashion history.

Suleman fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 25, 2024

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Mooseontheloose posted:

Is that Tombstone and She-Hulk? what's going on?

A bunch of crime lords, including Tombstone's daughter are fighting an open war over control of New York. Many superheroes are stepping in. It's a big, pointless crossover event.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

CzarChasm posted:

Is this one of those situations where Vader knows the suggested route by the commodore will be faster, but he wants Thrawn to look bad, so he tells the guy to shut up?

The way I see it:
1. Vader immediately shut down any challenges to his authority because he is an evil fascist strongman who can never look weak.
2. Thrawn, being unusually intellectual for someone who managed to rise to a high position in a fascist empire, decides to listen to the officer (maybe also to challenge Vader's power)
3. Vader is still incredibly skilled and a prodigy pilot, so he quickly analyzes the commodore's suggestion despite not having considered it initially.
4. He doesn't challenge Thrawn and the suggestion further in public because that would make him lose face, but demonstrates that he's even more competent than the commodore by fixing her calculations.
5. Thrawn's like "Yeah, I'm smarter than her too, but neither of us thought about it. Let's roll with it."

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Elissimpark posted:

Is that Space Ape Gori or Spectreman?

Space Ape Gori looks like this:
https://spectreman.fandom.com/wiki/Dr._Gori

Suleman fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 7, 2024

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Uthor posted:

Power Girl #12

Anyone have any more funny (or touching) cat panels? My friend's isn't doing well and I wanna cheer him up a bit.

Sorry to hear that! Here's what I could find.

Source: Marvel Meow #16

EDIT:
If any comics at all are okay in this exceptional case, here's some silly ones off the internet.

https://prawnlegs.tumblr.com/post/182902719855/this-was-a-hit-on-twitter-so-my-cat-enjoy-her

https://mechandra.tumblr.com/post/678201670604341248/herding

Suleman fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 17, 2024

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
And cat manga:

Ito Junji’s Cat Diary

Ojisama To Neko

Neko No Otera No Chion-san

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Slashrat posted:

I'm curious now about how Strange recruit them. Did he say upfront what was going on, or did they just respond to an ad for what they thought were a normal D&D game?

They knew that they'd be facing some magical nonsense, but apparently not super specific. Black Cat burgled the Sanctum two times and also doesn't want Strange to tell Spidey about some things, Taskmaster was in prison, likes money and is hoping Strange will let him go free afterwards, Hunter's Moon is repaying a debt Moon Knight owed Strange.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Admiralty Flag posted:

Was it Jay Pinkerton who did a series where a bunch of things crosses by/flies through Bruce's window? The only one I remember is "Gordon-Man."

Yep.
https://imgur.com/gallery/8JrHGmC

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Admiralty Flag posted:

Thanks, couldn't find it with GIS. "Jay Pinkerton Gordon man" just brings up a serial killer and Pinkerton's work at Valve from a quick check.

"jay pinkerton batman comic" did the trick for me.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Uthor posted:

Have you ever seen anyone from Apokolips wearing anything different from Kirby's original designs?

Just some Darkseid examples:

I don't like them very much.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

What's the source for this?

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

Roxxon presents THOR #1

The issue has a lot of prime panels and quotes for this thread.

Art sidenote:
Normally Greg Land's presence in comic books boils my brain, but him drawing what is, in-universe, a soulless corporate takeover of Thor's character, is strangely fitting.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Air Skwirl posted:

How many Marvel characters have killed Hitler? The first was the original Human Torch, Bucky claims he did it (I suspect because Bendis didn't know or care about the Human Torch doing it), Deadpool did it, now Cosmic Ghost Rider. Am I missing any?

If we count Hate-Monger, the Hitler clone, then Hate-Monger himself, twice.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Larryb posted:

I remember a TMNT comic where one of the Turtles punched out Hitler as well though I forget which series it was

It was the Archie TMNT comic.

Hitler also later shoots himself. Time travelling mutant sharks and brain-stealing aliens were involved.

Sidenote:
The final storyline for the series was cancelled before it could be finished, but a crowd-funded fan project in 2019-2023 had the final issues made based on old scripts and cover art with the blessing of some of the original creators.

Suleman fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 20, 2024

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

site posted:

I hate to admit it but Johnny storm is definitely making the moustache work better than Barton

Spoilers for this month's issue:

Source: Fantastic Four (2022) #20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Oh no, Emma Frost will be so embarrassed to be pictured in her underwear. Her standard outfits are so conservative and unrevealing.

What if he's picturing her in the most unflattering underwear possible, and Emma finds that worse?