Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

SilverSupernova posted:

Whelp. Spider-Verse continues to justify it's existence today.

Amazing Spider-Man #12

I am now just waiting for Spider-Bravo and the Spider-gang in the Spider-Mystery Machine and my ideal Spider-man cartoon will be spider complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Given how often people just accidentally get superpowers in the DCU, I'd be fine with any explanation really. one of my favourite comic moments ever is still, when Jaime Reyes explains away his year absence from school (due to being in space) by him just waking up in a a field with no memory after the events of Infinite Crisis, and nobody questions it because the same insane poo poo just happens all the time and in fact that exact thing happened to some kid one town over.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Servoret posted:

World War Hulk: Aftersmash! - Damage Control #2

I am a great magician, your hard hat is yellow.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Majuju posted:

Help Us! Great Warrior is now an actual honest-to-goodness comic-type "book" that you can purchase TODAY. Help Us! Great Warrior #1

e: THOR #5 has had it up to HERE with this poo poo:

there's a couple more excellent pages after this so go buy it

Holy gently caress! Thought bubbles! In TYOOL 2015?!

I just don't like multiple characters having the same codename, 'cause it just makes everyone call her "Girl-Thor".

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Senor Candle posted:

For him it's his real name, for her it's a superhero name.

He's just like Doctor Strange or Doctor Doom where his real name makes a real good superhero name!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Boogaleeboo posted:

He's just a magic dog, sometimes dogs are magic. What of it?

This reminds me of my favourite thing I realised when I decided to read through some of Claremont's old X Men stuff, is that most of the people the X Men know who aren't mutants are also some bizarre comic book thing like a sorceress, or a secret alien or a clone or a ninja or something. I love the idea that comic book worlds are just chock full of this kind of poo poo everywhere. Going to any random school, there's probably at least one kid in the football team who is part cyborg because of a childhood car crash and some student teacher who had a freak accident involving a radioactive puppy and has very minor looking cute and chewing on furniture powers and it's just an accepted part of life like having a speech impediment or something.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Speaking of doctors, I think it was in the last thread and don't remember seeing it here- Who was that one Dr. McNinja lookin' dude who got a sentient psychic starfish glued to his head and started yelling at Cyclops while it was whispering what he was thinking to anyone in earshot?

I'd also like to know this, I too enjoy the strictly-business villains.

Dr Nemesis?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Part of the problem with the Mangaverse thing specifically is that it all seemed to be done by people who had only the most basic surface-level understanding of what anime even is and the designs often reflected that. Like, how do you make a mangaverse ghost rider without making him Skull Mask Rider or something.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Wonder Woman's costume has always been loving awful and we're probably never gonna escape it because it's too ingrained these days. I mean you still have people who want Batman to wear blue and grey despite him being in black for the entire holocene.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Uthor posted:

And I'm not saying an anime inspired redesign is automatically bad, just those have all been the lowest common denominator hyper sexualized stereotypes.

Yeah, and superhero comics has some nerve if they're trying to go "lol look how sexualised manga designs are"

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
"Regular food"

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I mean, if we're being all subjective about it every bit of American food I've had is garbage, but that probably because it's mostly lovely fast food that we get here. Though I've tried American cheese and Chocolate too and those were both loving awful, when I visited America we mostly ate stuff like steak and lobster and other fancy foods, or like Chinese food and such.

The Chinese food in America is pretty good, I seem to remember, though we couldn't find a decent curry or any kind of Indian food at all in the US, that alone makes it bottom of the barrel in the world stakes all on it's own if you ask me. We also couldn't really find a chippy, but I hesitate to refer to chippy food as good in any real sense of the world.

Oh yeah, the Five Guys in Glasgow is pretty divisive. A lot of people say it's amazing, but I thought it was kinda lovely, and I know a few other people who say the same. Like, If I wanted a poo poo burger I'd go to a Wetherspoons or something and it would only cost half as much.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Maybe Kingpin thought he was in a shounen series. "I'll become King of the USA!"

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

See this is my problem with manga, Slave Leia looks like a 10 year old with d-cup titties. I now feel like I'm on some kind of government watchlist.

Read better manga

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Dacap posted:

All New Captain America Special #1

Man I love the black and red Spider-man costume. It's so cool.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Eh, I think the X face deisgn could work if it were a Daft Punk style full face helmet, but as a mask it isn't super great.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Especially when there's just something about a Brit's casual use of "oval office" that for some reason I find hysterical.

Eh, that's a localised thing here I think. Like, back home in Glasgow I'd lay down c-word after c-word without batting an eye, and the first person I remember ever saying it was my sweet old grandmother, but where I am now, occasionally people look at you funny for it.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Wheat Loaf posted:

At least they got the colours right.

(No surrender.)

We are now enemies. You and I.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Uthor posted:

You cut off Groot's reaction to being surrounded by Groots.

Groot 002

I hope Groot meets Warlock in this universe and the joke is that Warlock has just been painted gold and black.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I mean, I think Hal could just use his GL ring to make green fire or something to heat the colourless air until batman can't stand the heat and then just punch him but Hal's never been the most creative GL so aside from the cool psychological effect Bats could've just put on a yellow hat or something.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
It's Avenue Q, or a take on it anyway.

I don't speak that dialect of Nerd , but assuming the text goes left to right, just the spacing confirms it.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Aug 18, 2015

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Phylodox posted:

Not use it, but wield it effectively in combat. Something about how the blade is weightless (or incredibly heavy, depending on your source, because Star Wars). You can't twirl something around like that if there's no weight to add momentum or what have you.

That always seemed really dumb to me. All that means is that the training for it is different from, like, a sword. People can learn to use crazy poo poo like a whip or a kusarigama without cutting their own nads off.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I'd forgotten Shako so much I had to look up what it was. I'm really just glad that sometimes wiki writers have a sense of humour.

I'd forgotten how wordy comics could be... the amount of self-narration these characters have ranges from a little bizarre...

To the downright mental

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Marian Engel has a lot to answer for.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I love how Wally and Victor are the only people in that room who aren't millionaires or a noblewoman and he's the conservative one.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Uthor posted:

It is if you've paid attention to all the Gamergate poo poo that's going around.

Oh cool, loser poo poo. Got it.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I heard from John Peters, you know, the farmer? That Constantine: the Hellblazer was good, so it's good to see it living up to the hype.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

SirDan3k posted:

So we are totally getting Landis's Death of Superman pitch snuck into an origin story.

I'm perfectly fine with this.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Banner's just trying to have a little power nap, and some dipshit busts in, hits the lights and starts making GBS threads in his potted plant!

Should've jerked off first.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
He's also got a cool XCOM soldier head.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

WickedHate posted:

Hal Jordan fanboys and Batman fanboys should all meet in a pit and fight to the death.

I feel like Geoff Jones isn't gonna be able to take that many dudes at once.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
If you've got latex allergies, you are just SOL.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Azrael may be the most 90s thing ever, but he's got a few really fun stories.

Detective Comics 672

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

SynthOrange posted:

HOW.

He's wearing a mask how's the pie drugging him?

Jean Paul Valley is not a smart man.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

redbackground posted:

I have discovered my new favorite DC character:

Make her the star of a new version of Brave and Bold, where she gets a new partner every issue, ones that don't play by the rules and are turning this city into a warzone!

Hmm, what if instead her partner was a slick, fast talking con man type to contrast wither by-the book go get 'em attitude. I'm thinking of like a... Michael Cera or Wil Arnet type.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

I watched Super the other night, and I loved how the glimpses you see of the Christian superhero comic is Fletcher Hanks art, I was impressed at such a deep pull. I was the only one of my friends who was enough of a loser to get the joke.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Barney is there too, it's just near-impossible to see him behind Fred's bulk. I guess Wilma is cleaning or in the can or something.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
It's an easy mistake to make, since both things are made of wood.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
It was a BIG rock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Perhaps Elijah Wood's greatest role.