Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Uthor posted:

I haven't read Batman Odyssey, but Comics Alliance's six part recap was really in depth.

http://comicsalliance.com/tags/batman-odyssey/

Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Chocolate Teapot posted:

The difference is that Meredith Gran (and most of the side story artists) knows how to frame a comic book, whilst Ryan North doesn't. Here's an obsessively :goonsay: set of examples from a single issue of the main series:

Over the course of three pages, PB announces that she has a "Time Machine" three times; firstly with a play on words which needs additional dialogue to explain the joke, secondly with a proper magic device but to nobody in particular, and thirdly she shows that to F&J on another page, because she was announcing it to nobody, and now it's using a shitload more words to do the exact same thing. It's redundant as gently caress, and doesn't flow like a comic should.

Meanwhile, in the space of just three panels, Anthony Clark (Nedroid) does the same sort of joke but infinitely better, using comic framing and space, because that's how comic books are supposed to work.

Comparing anyone to Anthony Clark is sort of unfair though

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Oh come on, no "HULK SMASH SYSTEM"? Or is that fruit hanging too low?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Ah, the Doubtfire technique.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Sizone posted:

Adventures in the Rifle Brigade #1 (fighting the urge to post every page)

Okay I'm sold

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Speakingeth thusly is one of the powers of Thor

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Why do kids eat it, then?

The lead poisony swirls in every bite

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Me am totally understand that scene

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

zoux posted:

Ant-man #3

I really really like villains for whom it's just business, not AAGGH YOU'VE RUINED MY LIFE, ADJECTIVE-MAN! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU, EVER!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

It's honestly one of the more believable and human things I've seen a superhero do in a good while.

But someone with DD's superhuman sense of smell should be able to

Actually let's forget I started down that train of thought

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

This is from awhile ago but I will not let this stand, Iowa has plenty of wonderful Indian restaurants. :colbert:

Spidey Super Stories #42: Kingpin shows a shocking lack of knowledge about even the most basic facts of government

That is the...
dumbest plan I've ever seen!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

A walking tumor in a bad wig just walked in with a huge gun and all that prostitute in the second page can muster is a vague expression of slight distress

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The rolled concrete was carefully molded to provide pockets for each goon

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

So many panels, but are any of them funny

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

It's pretty amazing how if you take the SWEU as a whole the entire rebellion would have been irreversibly hosed, forever, if any character who ever appeared in the movies had decided to take a left turn instead of a right at a random hallway or overslept an hour on any given day.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Now the dude with eyes (or was it ears, I can't remember) all over his body, now there's a lovely mutation.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

davidspackage posted:

I like how they're arm in arm. Very brotherly.

The Chinese guy's real name is Chop-chop.

You should be thankful they actually have a Chinese guy

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Man, whoever got paid to translate that manga musta been laughing all the way to the bank.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Avulsion posted:

What about the Marvel comics that are published in-universe? What would a drawing of Galactus look like?

A drawing is done based on what the person who draw it saw. So it'd be a large man in a dorky horned hat.wearing a kilt.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Wonder Twin powers include eating CDs

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

e: dammit someone already did the same joke :smith:

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 13, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Keromaru5 posted:

Actually, most of those are still my default voices for the X-men characters. Especially Wolverine and the Sentinels.

In much the same way, Spider-Man still sounds like a weird hybrid of Christopher Barnes and Patrick Chilvers in my head.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The MSJ posted:

What are you talking about? He uses his magnetic personality to achieve animal magnetism which effects the electromagnetic waves of the Brood hivemind.

This could have appeared in the comics a few decades ago and nobody would have batted an eye.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Wasn't that just him controlling them with the metal he'd threaded through their bodies (like he might do with Wolverine) instead of actually overriding their programming?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Deadpool posted:

That text translates to "JEEEEEEAAAAANNNNN!!!!!" right?

It translates to "I want to hold you (JEAAAAAAAAAN) in my arms more than anyone else"

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Elfface posted:

Why, in a super high-tech lab, are the signs bronze plaques?

And even if he likes the bronze plaque look, why are they mounted on wooden stakes?

He likes the wooden stake look

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

How is that an error

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

So how does one end up in bed with a naked Thor in skimpy lingeree and not be like that

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

From Avengers VS #2

I'll never get tired of Thor being a dick to Tony.

If Tony dug out the stone under his foot at an angle such that Mjolnir would logically fall off his foot what would happen

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Metalshark posted:

Loki - Agent of Asgard #15 has a great burn by Freya:

:drat:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Keromaru5 posted:

Franklin's been around since the 60's, though he was kept comatose for a while to seal his powers. Sue got pregnant again in the 80's, but since the child was conceived in the Negative Zone, difficulties arose, Reed wasn't able to convince Doctor Octopus to temporarily stop being evil in time, and the baby was stillborn.

Then shenanigans happened in the 90's, and a teenage Valeria came from an alternate future where she'd been raised by Sue and Dr. Doom. It turned out Franklin had unconsciously sent her to that alternate universe when she "died." Then he and Val combined their powers to resurrect Galactus so he could get the Ultimate Nullifier from Abraxas, and when it was used, Val reverted back to Sue's womb, the pregnancy started over again, and this time with Doom's help, she was delivered successfully.

comicbooks.txt

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I don't have the panels handy but last week's Injustice was hilarious. WW going full blown mental and kicking the poo poo out of Superman, with the last panel being her breaking his arm while Bats just has a HUGE loving :smug: grin is hilarious. Even better, Catwoman is just like :cripes: "How did I even GET involved this bullshit?"

Wait, I thought the Injustice comic was all a prequel to the game, and in the game WW's full on Supes' side.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Nessus posted:

I figure Barman is autocorrect on the mobile app in action.

What exactly is Anni doing in that page, it's kind of confusing.

I can see how you might be distracted, that booty draws the eye like nobody's business.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Is his mask reminiscent of Shaft's mustache on purpose?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Sizone posted:

I find the prospect of vampires sleeping in pinball tables like they were coffins to be hilarious. While the tops do hing up for service, I'm disappointed that no one told Moore or Stan Woch that you still can't fit a vampire in one.

That's what they want you to think.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Phylodox posted:

No, Batman would punch him first and then, when he's on the ground all, "B-but...how?!? I trapped you inside your most traumatic moment! You should be helpless!" Batman will narrow his eyes and growl, "My most traumatic moment? I never left it."

It's amazing how I saw this in my head as I read it, in both comic book and animated form.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Ever lovin' brown eyed Kirb

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

The newest tool to help stop chronic masturbation isn't very well designed.

I dunno, as a chronic masturbator I can say with some confidence that that would stop me from jerking off pretty well

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The thought of a guy, even a supervillain, not being able to even eat his breakfast because his hands want to kill him is pretty depressing to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Well, I think the second panel of the wide eyes is supposed to be "Oh poo poo, I just said that out loud while one of my BFFs is having contractions".

I'd lay even odds on it coming up during Spider-Woman soon too.

It looks like "lost in extremely traumatic memories" to me.