Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lurdiak posted:

It's neat that Jenny is public domain. More characters should be.
:agreed:
I keep hoping she'll show up again someplace (*cough*AtomicRobo*cough*) but it never happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Taskmaster's not having a good time these last few months, is he?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Kalli posted:

It also sparked that part of my brain that remembered What the?!? existed:

From issue #1

Ahahaha, Smuglock at the end there :allears:.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Norns posted:

Batman flies around in giant knowledge chair, staring at and punching people.

It's pretty good.

I'm not sure how that squares with Bruce Wayne simultaneously going around Gotham with amnesia at all, but I'm willing to accept it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

hup posted:

"Cardiac" seems like a no-brainer name, but welp

Marvel beat them to the punch on that one.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Squizzle posted:

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror info their hearts. I must be a creature of the night, white, terrible...a...a...

[Hitler ragdoll-crashes through the spaceship window, his prone form tumbling to rest in his own pooling blood at Corsair's feet.]

It's an omen! I shall become a Hitler!
It's Jay Pinkerton's Batman Origin Comics all over again!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

From Minus (only available now on the internet archive, but it's got the whole thing):

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, if it gets to be too big a problem it'll just go to live with a foster family offscreen.

Or maybe kidnapped by the Green Goblin and then never mentioned again.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The Question IRL posted:

In a Brand New Day story Spider-man was prosecuted for a theft. The incident being caught on CCTV.
the end Matt Murdoch beat the charge by having a load of different heroes (Iron Fist, Night crawler, Shang Chi, Arăna) go to court dressed as Spider-man to establish that anyone could have dressed up as Spider-man and robbed that place.

It was called the Spartacus Gambit.

I say that would happen again. Only with heroes dressed as Spider-man and Daredevil brawl while Peter Parker and Matt Murdoch look on.

Kaine vs. Iron Fist. FIGHT!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Captain Bravo posted:

Everyone's focused on the Sausage note, but nobody has mentioned the childlike crayon drawing of Deadpool...

which almost certainly was drawn by Deadpool.

Or his kid did, and he was so proud he hung it on the Avengers' fridge so everyone could see it. :3:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Speaking of Kate Beaton, her latest Cloak & Dagger comic is hilarious.

Since it's :nws:, have a link instead.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah, maybe your event is backfiring when "The Thing says 'gently caress all of this and gently caress you guys' then hangs out with DC heroes yearning for better days" is unironically the most enjoyable part.

What issue is this from?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rhyno posted:

Say what you will about Bendis but that T-Bolts run leads into his excellent until SIEGE run of Dark Avengers.

That was Ellis. I don't think Bendis ever wrote Thunderbolts.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

redbackground posted:

#ironmansplaining

that's good stuff

#ironmansplaining could pretty much sum up Tony's attitude throughout Civil War I.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Basically it sounds like everybody is pulling for a resurrection of the League of Losers from Marvel Team-Up.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Cangelosi posted:

It does not lead to steamy man on catgirl sex if that's what you're getting at.

Though Sulu, M'ress AND Uhura really get the shaft when it comes to comic book depictions. Here's some Gold Key adaptations.

To recap, M'ress is some sort of...erm...bluish, Sulu is black, and Uhura is white.

Clearly Gamora has infiltrated the Enterprise crew on a deep-cover mission, and Sulu had to visit a back-alley plastic surgeron (or bones just got drunk) because he had to breifyl change his face because reasons. This is comics, after all.

Uhura...I got nothin'.

Edit: Wait, Yeoman Rand is filling in, and Kirk called her Uhura by force of habit!
Where's my no-prize?

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 29, 2016

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gaz-L posted:

Are there any other teen/young adult legacies we could toss into a New Young Adjective Avengers team? (And no, the babby original X-Men don't count)

Since Cassie's back, you could bring back Kid Vision as well, since they had him backed up.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ygolonac posted:

I thought that was Hulkling?

(Civil War (the first one) (well, the first *Marvel* one) #6)

And I was *sooooo* tempted to toss up Mightgodking's edit for this. :V

I vaguely recall Skaar being involved but more as a typical teenage rear end in a top hat gamma-irradiated teenage rear end in a top hat.
Oh that's painfully blatant exposition.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

X-O posted:

Uhhhh... no.

So that's why Norman stole the Parkers' baby!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SilverSupernova posted:

ANAD Avengers Annual

Sadly, the original description of the book was a case of bait n switch. Rather than being treated to an entire issue of Kamala's fanfiction (written by her), its 4 small fanfiction stories ABOUT her (well, 3 plus one for She-Hulk for whatever reason), including the elongated version of Mark Waid's obligatory jab at MRAs he seems to do once an issue in this series.

Anyway.

Upon discovering that someone made a fanfic of her, shipping her with her teammates, Kamala, forgetting she literally shipped two of her teammates with the Juggernaut, messages the site admin (with the cringy screenname of "ROFLcopter") and tries to contact the author to get the fic taken down. There's a pretty big twist near the end, but that one is immediately overshadowed by an even bigger twist on the next page when the show the site's admin.

I imagine he loves moderating the Captain America section.

I think Waid was making a jab at DC, not MRAs with that story.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gaz-L posted:

Nope, it was the former. Did you somehow miss all the sexist dialogue Story!Kamala has at the end of the segment?

Yeah, I kind of phrased that poorly (I was phoneposting so I couldn't really go into much detail). On reflection, I think it's actually going after both. Considering the story (while yes, deliberately badly written) starts with a relatively even-handed transfer of the mantle between Carol & Kamala (complete with heroic sacrifice), it ends with Mar-Vell's hand appearing a la the Rebirth cover & the most boringest original character taking over an identity as the more interesting ones are marginalized (coughBatgirl), and the writing quality taking a nosedive at that exact moment. And considering some of the more controversial stories coming out about DC Comics (the company), I think their might be a slight overlap between the two demographics.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

WickedHate posted:

Mar-Vell would be a footnote if not for his death. That was a good fuckin story, and bringing him back would invalidate everything. Of course, considering how many people are perfectly fine with separate but equal Hawkeyes, Hulks, Captain Americas, Thors, and Iron Men, sure, why not.

That didn't stop Marvel from bringing back Kraven the Hunter.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh god that thought balloon. :allears:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Red posted:

To be fair, the whole issue is pretty amazing.

I didn't love a lot of JMS's ideas for totems and stuff, but the Ock story was a home run.

I'm surprised that Carlyle didn't come back during Superior, that would have been an interesting interaction.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The Question IRL posted:

What I love about this page is there is a What If where Flash Thompson get's bit instead of Peter.

Flash becomes a megalomaniac and makes Peter build him Web shooters amd a costume.

Peter eventually goes to see his ido, Otto Octavious who laughs off this high school student who is interupting the genius of Doctor Octavious.
Then Peter points out that there is a warning light flashing in the background.
Otto quickly shuts it down, isn't blown up and decides maybe he should be more humble and decides to help out Parker.

I love that story because I love when What If's branch off from a story instead of being "What If Daredevil...was a caveman!"

It's also a massive improvement over the other story where Flash gets bit because it doesn't end with Peter Parker in his classic costume with his traditional powers, only slightly later than usual.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Boogaleeboo posted:

He doesn't, they totally ruined him, now he's some gross old man rapist playing with Peter's dick in the shower and he just needs to be dead forever.

Yeah he had before swapping minds with Peter been planning to kill like 90% of Earth's population (leaving the last 10% alive to remember him as worse than Hitler and Stalin). Kind of hard to get behind a redemption narrative for that guy.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Red posted:

Wasn't he dying, and he wanted to screw over everyone else?

That doesn't make it OK.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well this is an odd change to the recap page format, but I figure it could work.

The Unbelievable Gwenpool #6

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Funnily enough the latest Gwenpool arc is actually narratively identical to a Civil War tie-in, it's just the information came from Gwenpool's knowledge of the narrative instead of from the walking plot contrivance.

Avulsion posted:

Could she have thought he was still Otto?

We're talking about Miles here so no.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

WickedHate posted:

This feels like a scene out of JoJo.

"You're wrong! My stand, [NICKLEBACK], is a lot stronger than ten men! THWIPTHWIPTHWIPTHWIP!"

Oh come, it'd have to be the 60s Spider-Man theme - or the one from Spectacular Spider-Man.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Uthor posted:

Batman's one weakness. No one tell Joker!

Well other than having a mom called Martha.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

mind the walrus posted:

Duh, but are the higher-ups/marketing ok with that? Play one note wrong and it becomes a Fox News punching bag for a month. Sounds like "any publicity is good publicity" PR but if it dents Wal-Mart T-Shirt sales in Oklahoma then Time Warner will think twice.

It's kind of hosed up that moral guardians would get more pissy about a gay superhero couple appearing in a book with Batman and Superman than the story where Spider-Man sold his marriage to Satan. You'd think the godbothers would have opinions on that.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Onmi posted:

Spiderman Renew your Vows, one of the side stories.

This is the Spider-Man book I always wanted. :kimchi:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yeah, after everything happening right now, Spider-Man Renew Your Vows is like a big ol' mug of chicken soup for the soul. :unsmith:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Teenage Fansub posted:

All-Star Batman #4

This is clearly an impostor! Batman hates Rock 'n Roll!

ImpAtom posted:

I guess I need to get Renew Your Vows.

Please do, we gotta support this thing or it might not make it! :ohdear:

Edit:
New page, have a panel!

Marvel: NOW what?!

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 10, 2016

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SonicRulez posted:

Just popping in to let everyone know that the Spider-Man comic on the last page is on Comixology and if you don't buy it, you've let Spider-Man down.

Her lil suit looks like Ben's :3:

Aw, now you made me miss Spider-Girl.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Defeating the big bad at the end with a pun was pretty great, too.

We're not talking about that we're talking about the ongoing.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gaz-L posted:

Wait are the Dire Wraiths just the bad guys from They Live now?

Well the only thing about the Dire Wraiths that wasn't Marvel was the name, so IDW are starting from scratch.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I think referring to your av is the correct response in this situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Roth posted:

It's clearly a set up by somebody to profit off of what the insurance companies will pay when it inevitably gets wrecked by Kite Man.

This was your needless explanation to make a fun thing dark for the week.

Don't be ridiculous.

This is clearly Condiment King's latest scheme.