Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Darthemed posted:

The Twilight Zone #64 (1975)

Context here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Call of the Night

All-Rounder Meguru

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Kalli posted:

I have not read that story but I am 1,000% sure the way Ranma wins is by dressing as a girl and acting as Ryoga's girlfriend to raise him out of depression and sinking as low as possible in the process.

Nope! Ranma finds out that he’s too cocky to use depression based ki so he ends up shooting energy based off of how confident he is instead. This ends up making him equally matched against Ryoga’s depression… right up until Akane calls Ryoga a “good friend”, which supercharges Ryoga’s depression wave.

Iirc he wins by having Ryoga get hit by his own depression wave while not completely depressed, which knocks him out

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Marijuana is turbo illegal in Japan, for context

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Read right to left

Isekai Samurai

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Dogsred is good

From the same chapter

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

ImpAtom posted:

Oh yes, this is a well documented procedure. They call it Maximum the Hormone.

This whole section is gold but I don’t want to clog up the thread

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Sachi’s Records

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Darthemed posted:

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 20 (1992)

When you have people as strong as Ryoga walking around as part of day-to-day life, this policy makes sense

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I don’t understand why people used lick to mean defeat

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

CzarChasm posted:

Is this one of those situations where Vader knows the suggested route by the commodore will be faster, but he wants Thrawn to look bad, so he tells the guy to shut up?

No he’s just being an rear end in a top hat who doesn’t think leaders should be second-guessed

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

TwoPair posted:

I thought the incredibly odd specific rules for public domain Mickey is that for now he has to be in black and white and silent. Larsen is playing with comedic fire!

There’s some posters and the like that are in color from that time, iirc, but mostly I would say this clearly falls under fair use via parody

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I wonder how Bill Watterson feels about the homage Savage Dragon did. Iirc, the guy really doesn’t care for superhero comics, especially the 90s stuff that Savage Dragon is rooted in

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Genuinely chuckling out loud at that

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Superboy stories are the harrowing tales of one teen using his incredible power to torment a whole town

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Medalist

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The Heroic Legend of Araslan

Medalist

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
If you want people to read your romance comic, you should probably publish it on Webtoon.

That’s were the romance comic readers are right now

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Kwyndig posted:

That's an odd premise for a manga.

It’s not even in the top third of odd premises for manga

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Saoshyant posted:

Please list the top 3.

Man, I do not have the confidence to do that. There’s always an odder, more obscure, more high concept manga that someone else could name

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PainterofCrap posted:

Maybe it was Huey Long

Well then it didn’t help much, huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Kennel posted:

Running out of ideas after 230 chapters?

The first torture was pretty nice piece of buttered toast. They’re still going strong

From the same chapter

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 15, 2024