Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That's certainly a...conservative estimate of Silver Surfer's power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I like how Spider-woman is straight up "you only put me below you on this chart because I'm a woman!".

Their powers and origins are completely unrelated, so technically, there's no real reason why their strength should be the same.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

I think she was still a hyper-evolved spider back then, so there's really no reason she wouldn't have the proportional strength of a spider as well. Literally. So yeah, Spidey was being hella sexist.

Well, humans don't have gorilla strength. Except for Beast...

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Push El Burrito posted:

Green Lantern is the best hero.

This one actually has the in-context excuse that Silver Age Owlman's powers involved clouding people's mind and subtly hypnotizing them. I like that the CSA are analogues rather than straight up evil versions of the JLA, like Ultraman being a human astronaut who's a separate person from Earth-3 Clark Kent.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
ComicsAlliance did a spotlight on Golden Age Wonder Woman for their Love & Sex week, and, uh...jeez.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ghostlight posted:

The only insane orange president for me

No, that's the Green Goblin, Hobgoblin is the orange one.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That happened in Dragon Ball Z Abridged recently.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

So clearly Rick Sanchez was employed by Trask Industries at some point.

"What is my purpose?"
"You murder minorities."
"Oh my god."

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

There is approximately 8 billion of those.

For the record, if I was in the Marvel Universe I'd be either exactly the same or dead from getting in an online argument with someone who turned out to be a demon in human form or Eddie Brock or something.

You'd be safe as long as you stayed generally polite and didn't bump into some quiet loner then go "hey buddy, you got a problem or something?".

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Surge is my X-Men waifu and I have a baller pitch for a solo series if anyone here is a Marvel rep.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm posting something from the last The Flintstones because I'm pretty sure the script for this page comes from an actual leaked White House recording:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Section Z posted:

In an industry full of fabulous hair and huge bandoliers, you know Longshot has it made when it's still distinct enough to recognize him with those alone.

...I'm hoping that actually is Longshot, it's been ages since I've read that :downs:

I thought it was Dazzler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

joehonkie posted:

The guy with the bandolier, I think.

I was joking!

Actually no I wasn't I didn't see that shadow at first, but I'm going to stubbornly insist it makes a good joke in retrospect.