Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Lurdiak posted:

Did you know it's the only comic in the world to have an official theme song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuosmf1_mKs

There was actually a Runaways theme song written by one of the Marvel editors a few years ago that they released on the official Marvel site, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find it on youtube (not that I looked past the first page of results), I might have to upload it myself so it might not die completely forgotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Because they're NERDS, with the typical self-loathing and mental instability that typically accompanies that, with the added pressure that writing multiple books on a deadline brings.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
It's basically Ryan North trying to translate webcomic alt-text into print media. He did it in his Young Avengers mini too.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Decius posted:

Some funny stuff in it, but it's pretty weird how hostile everyone is acting with Spidey (up to and including trying to get him killed/kill him).

The X-Men are assholes, what else is there to it?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Hulk most ironic one there is.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Right now he stays Hulked out all the time because he's basically the proto-Maestro.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Drifter posted:

I hate that art with as much indifference as I can muster.

What's really annoying is that any time he sees criticism of the art anywhere Ryan North just defends his lovely artist by going "Oh, because Squirrel Girl isn't conventionally beautiful you think the art's bad, huh? Stop reading my comic, SEXIST."

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
It's not his first run-in with the law either, I believe.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

muscles like this? posted:

Nah son, I'm talking about his new origin in Secret Wars.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Rhyno posted:

Just here. People loving love him.

Not just here. People on /co/ loving hate his guts. Well, more so than they usually hate anyone's guts.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Well next you're gonna say tumblr think's he's a bigot and reddit likes naked children

Honestly tumblr could have and should have made more of a stink about the creepy asian sexdoll thing he had going with Silk when he introduced her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Dr. Hurt posted:

I hope the 80's League has a serious case of buyer's remorse when they realize the Ol' Porkchop express Jack Burton isn't good for much besides catching knives and driving big rigs.

The old tour guide was the one they originally approached but he wasn't really feeling up to it so he gave the League the same story he gave the lawyer and was all "yeah, Jack Burton saved everybody now go bother him."