Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Skwirl posted:

In Sauron's first appearance he literally says he's naming himself after the bad guy in LOTR.

Uncanny X-men #60 (1969)

Edit: Just an FYI for anyone using a computer who wants to quickly find a specific issue of a comic on Marvel Unlimited, google it, don't try and use the Marvel Unlimited website. I spent like ten minutes trying to find this issue, then finally googled "uncanny x-men #60 unlimited" and it was the first result.

I always figured someone came up with the name Sauron first and then was told about Lord of the Rings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Bucnasti posted:

I mean thats kinda the origin of every comic book character.
Spiderman and the Hulk are People don't understand Radiation
The Joker is People don't understand Psychosis
Bane is People don't understand drugs
Batman and Iron Man are both People don't understand that rich people don't give a poo poo about you

One of the reasons I like Cassandra Cain. You don't get too many origin stories about mad social sciences.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Do like what they did with Frank Castle in Spider-Gwen’s universe. He is a cop in her fathers police force… and he has completely alienated his wife and kids to the point they leaves him, He is an aggressive violent cop… which shows the family has always been an excuse.

Also makes the line Gwen says in the new Spider-verse movie make more sense. One of the reasons why Stacy is a cop to prevent worse people from being in charge.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Elissimpark posted:

Hey DC, when are you going to release Grant Morrison's Hot Dog mini? Huh? When?

Grant Morrison already had them eating vomit in the blasted landscape of pre crisis continuity in Animal Man. Paul Dini made a Krypto the Superdog show for younger audiences that had the Dog Star Patrol as frequent guest stars.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Grendels Dad posted:

Glass houses, secret lovechild of Whiplash and Batman!

That’s the shrike… named after a type of bird that looks like a normal songbird but impales prey on thorns and barb wire fences because a songbird doesn’t have talons.He is used to fill out large random villain team needs someone flying or as an intro fight before the actual plot starts up and scares heroes who are fans of science fiction novels.