Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Avengers also stuck him on monitor duty constantly. Getting screamed at constantly because Stilt Man is now attacking Montreal as the new Herald of Galactus would disillusion a guy pretty fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Speaking of, did the X-men ever run into S'ym again after all the Inferno stuff? Or was he quietly nothinged after the whole female voids stuff.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

evilmiera posted:

His humor seems really good here, but I've never heard of him. What's his deal?

Famous for Parody / Satirical songs from the 50's-60's.

Most relevant / influential song is probably Werner von Braun, other bangers include uber-nerd favorite the Elements song and Poisoning Pigeons in the Park. Listen to those and you'll know if you want to listen to the rest.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Everybody knows a time traveling Abraham Lincoln killed Hitler who had his head put onto a robot after the first 750 times he was killed

Tales From the Bully Pulpit

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Right here! No idea on issue, just had it saved

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nessus posted:

I assume they're all putting up with Plastic Man's bullshit here because they know god drat well he could kill half the people in that room.

Supes does try to murder him in like two pages before Flash gets him out of there, yeah.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That whole story does a really great job of showing off Plastic Man's power as well as explaining why he's not involved with the rest of the story. 'Cuz he hosed off.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cabbit posted:

What, did he try to divide by zero or something?

Actually yeah. He tried to shove a motherbox into Cyborg to merge two halves of the equation, but that'd kill Cyborg and delete the equation, so he smushed death when he showed up for Cyborg and doing that made Cyborg un-life instead of anti-life and then Akropolis blows up.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bucnasti posted:

Yeah but if you don't live in Manhattan, you probably wouldn't know.

Speaking of, the Fantastic Four are in Manhattan and were around when Inferno happened.

Literal hell on earth, hordes of Demons eating people, a very sassy himbo Havoc.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Let's split the difference, Ryan North can play Flatman

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Angry Salami posted:

Technically, Limbo is just an alternate dimension, and its 'demons' are different from the Hell Lords.

Reed trying to explain to children that Hell doesn't exist and describing Limbo would just make the situation significantly worse.

Okay so yes this dimension exists full of demon who steal children and drat their souls for eternity and it's filled with guys like Mephisto who've literally invaded this building before, but it's legally distinct from the Christian Hell, for you see, it's not about salvation, they just do it for fun.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Do you think MJ laid the black suit out for Peter or did she let him dig it out of the crawlspace?

Kalli fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 13, 2023

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Don't make fun of the Escherian, she was the hot new character of 1992.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And even the run that rescued the character from the depths of truly shlocky comics, Welcome Back Frank, featured him smothering the Russian under a fat guy and later on gunning down his imitator fan club.

Of course the Russian is introduced by a squad of special forces sent to take him down which results in:

and the aforementioned fan club:

So who can say really?

WBF definitely wanted you to treat Frank like an Eastwood or Bronson character, but dove headfirst into high number death wish / dirty harry sequel corny territory immediately.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 14, 2023

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That's.... that's just a really fun idea for a miniseries. I love that synopsis.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Taskmaster forced to play the role of Barry Bonds for a couple of weeks so Bullseye can figure out his fastball really puts this bit from the initiative into perspective.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean stopping Kitty is the usual stuff.

Magic, Magik dropping her in Limbo, getting her offworld however you want, psychics, Hulk, Leech & every other oh no mutant powers don't work doohicky.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

evilmiera posted:

How did the dog pay for the pizza, sir? Sir?!

He's sitting on Hawkeye's wallet.

.... who didn't have the money for the pizzas but luckily he had one of Tony's credit cards.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I have not read that story but I am 1,000% sure the way Ranma wins is by dressing as a girl and acting as Ryoga's girlfriend to raise him out of depression and sinking as low as possible in the process.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Peter coming back from space as a Hennessee VenomGT

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nessus posted:

I thought Batman WAS Santa Claus, based on that one page I saw a long while back.

No no that was when Superman dressed up as Santa for some kids, and Batman told him that was selfish because he should be saving so many more people, but that was all a ruse so Batman could dress up like Santa, and Superman figured it out, came back and broke Bruce's jaw in front of those children, scarring them for life and they grew up to be Red Lanterns (probably)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

2050 Daredevil writer: Yeah uh, here's my new villain, his name is Epstein, and you won't believe what activity he's doing that Daredevil's gotta team up with Bullseye to stop.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Apparently a flyfishing and flyfishing accessory company.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Elissimpark posted:

Is "Isekai Nonbiri Nouka" Japanese for "What do we do with a drunken sailor"?

"Farming Life in Another World" A remarkably fluffy series about a basically superman farmer making a village in a demon forest.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I know I've read something almost identical to that except the last pull out was to kids reading a comic and then the last panel was the monster starting to climb out of the panel at the reader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, it was a fun first half of full metal jacket-esque story except he was a nice dude and gets a happy ending thanks to two bros .

From Avengers the Initiative 13.