Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Batman:Odyssey is the kind of masterpiece that validates the existence and history of all comic books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Aside from the stocky rear end kid that art is really cool. Who is the artist?

Edit: looked up, it's Ian Bartram.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I don't know the context for the panel of Spider-man crying but it is the funniest thing I've seen today

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Anime designs that aren't robots are terrible.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I was gonna ask how that story resolves but I'm gonna assume the last panel has me covered.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Elfface posted:

Why, in a super high-tech lab, are the signs bronze plaques?

And even if he likes the bronze plaque look, why are they mounted on wooden stakes?

He really liked this one post on Pinterest

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

"augh jesus christ this thing looks like poo poo" - Galactus

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Angry Walrus posted:

What's really annoying is that any time he sees criticism of the art anywhere Ryan North just defends his lovely artist by going "Oh, because Squirrel Girl isn't conventionally beautiful you think the art's bad, huh? Stop reading my comic, SEXIST."

Yeah it'd be way better if he poo poo on his collaborator and partner because some internet people don't like them

Squirrel Girl is a great step away from usual comics and is fantastic and special, and I doubted it very strongly before it came out.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Skwirl posted:

There's a tiny, horrible, horrible, part of me that wants to see what Squirrel Girl would look like using the exact same scripts, but art by Greg Land.

Probably the most copyable artist in the world. Just photoshop over google images and paint over bodies. It would be funny and way too believable at the same time.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I hold Quiver very close to my heart but dude can be really bad in really awkward ways.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I like this a lot.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

If those panels make you mad then this world is a dark dark place. You've won me back Slott!

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Hal could have solved that the same way Magneto beats non-magnetic people: by grabbing a nearby rock/building and using that to smash everything.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Benito Cereno posted:

In case anyone is wondering what the "shocking secret" is: she has a cat head

Whew that answers everything.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

TwoPair posted:

New Warriors #9: gently caress context.

please make squirrel girl art discussion a bannable offense X-O

I'm from Houston and this is insane to me. Literally insane that there is a villain based on the person playing Clutch the Rockets Bear going mad with power.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

That's amazing. The ring comment is so perfect it's eerie.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Boss........ I wrote a comic with Wonder Woman calling some random guy a "sperm bank". Come back to base when you can to check it out.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

At first I thought Reed was yelling about Smarts and Religion, which was funnier from the way BSS has been talking about it in other threads. Also, I hate when the Illuminati is used like a normal fighting superhero team.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The lack of feet seems almost intentional.

Damnit you beat me to it. Also maybe 1 hand that had any effort put into it.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

team overhead smash posted:

Invincible Iron Man 3

Kind of out of character but made me laugh.

I always want to hate reusing art for awkward pauses but I also always actually love it.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Just realized that Savage Dragon reminds me of handsome Hulk from that Avengers anime thing

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

For some reason Hal Jordan is now my favorite Green Lantern.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Doom Patrol is the reason I can never hate GMo. It's all worth it for that.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Everyone's always asking about metal dicks or rock dicks or acid dicks, nobody ever asks about buttholes or if the Thing poops, everything is a sham.

edit: ^^^that's close enough, thanks

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I always feel like if I read enough Stardust I'm also going to become mentally ill just from trying to figure out the writer's thought processes. Like once I follow him down that path there is no coming back.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Lotta real body horror themes going on with MODOK, I take it as why he's used so comedically. Was there ever an Ultimate MODOK?

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Cadavers4Algernon posted:

Quick google search says yes, but I have no clue what issue, series, or author it was (my gut tells me Ellis but I don't know enough about 1610).

This is pretty dumb but holy poo poo

this is the DUMBEST

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

Oh when Tim Sale does it y'all can't stop jizzing but one some internet rando does it....

drat it's like the top and bottom half of this was drawn by different people, from different planets, who hate each other.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I like Flintstones the way everyone else likes Prez, and hate Prez the way everyone on this page hates Flintstones

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

"In the end, his giant supernatural powers were too much for it" is my favorite literary moment of all time

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Everyone in the marvel newspaper universe hangs out in the dark ready to slap or punch intruders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Ignite Memories posted:

You would not BELIEVE how much Vin Diesel got paid every time he said "I Am Groot"

I keep clicking this but it isn't taking me anywhere, my browser is broken