Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
Yeah, Top 10 and Smax are brilliant and Smax in particular is hilarious.

And I, too, read the lyrics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

SirDan3k posted:

Guy is an rear end in a top hat because of actual brain damage. He's the Phineas Gage of super heroes.

if Guy was anything like Phineas, he'd be a well-adjusted productive person a few years after the head injury :shobon:

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

CzarChasm posted:

Is this Deadpool or Gwenpool? The yellow bubble is my only clue

Carpool.

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

flosofl posted:

Hahaha, that reminds me of my favorite line in Black Dynamite where they guy playing one the militants reads his stage directions like they're part of his line. The look on Michael Jai White's face after that line is delivered sends me into fits of laughter every time.

The exchange:

this is amazing.

First, one actor says "the militants turn startled" before saying his actual line, then another actor does the "sarcastically, I'm in charge bit" -- then they both low-five, while White's stunned.

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
was "The World" a rival newspaper or something?

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

ImpAtom posted:

[...] He's going to be revived in a couple of months so we'll probably get the answer when he fights The Comedian or whatever.

purple death ray posted:

[...] Yeah especially considering Rebirth claiming that the New 52 is the same universe as the old DCU, just with a decade of growth and relationships sucked out of it by the Big Mean Alan Moore Characters, there being two Clark Kents and two Lois Lanes running around is the biggest hole in that theory.

wait what?

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

X-O posted:

Man, someone's been under a rock. Dr. Manhattan used Flashpoint as a cover for his science experiment where he tried to mold the DC Universe into something different. Basically reverting characters and taking away the things that bonded them. Making them colder and less optimistic. Rebirth is about all that coming undone.

purple death ray posted:

And a mysterious figure heavily rumored to be Ozymandias has been teleporting characters into a secret prison because they're risking unraveling the entire thing. The entire Batfamily thinks Tim Drake is dead right now because he's in some extra-dimensional jail cell. I think he took Doomsday too? I stopped reading Action Comics pretty much instantly.

:psyduck:

okay, I haven't really been following what's happening at DC (or Marvel for that matter) except for maybe a storyline here and there that seemed nice, and being sort of aware there have been more "reboots", but uh wow.

I'll, uh, just go re-read watchmen or something.

edit: and maybe new super man

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
"BIG PUN"

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
I'm also wondering if the barkeep was supposed to be wearing something on his head

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

Kai Tave posted:

What's the name of it?

Batman of Arkham

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
Personally I started at case files #1 and did not regret it a second

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

biracial bear for uncut posted:

From Just Imagine Stan Lee's Superman where Superman is a grown adult cop from Krypton that crash lands on Earth pursuing a criminal. Maximum :effort:

Either Clark Kent or Peter Parker.

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
I'm slightly upset that the order of the names is not the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

SimonChris posted:

Justice League #5 (1987)

Justice League International #7 (1987)

The Sandman #26 (1991)

Haha, gently caress you, Gray Man, it was all for nothing! I love these subtle callbacks in Sandman.

This is amazing, I've read the Sandman many times and I never knew!