Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Grendels Dad posted:

Citing Sun Tzu to yourself while stealing a bike has got to be the Cyclopsiest thing ever.

FTFY

Cyclops is best when he's a huge dork instead of a huge dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Elfface posted:

He's got the Aquaman problem where he's got a reputation so writers go in intending to fix it, but it just comes off groanworthy and the best portrayals end up being ones that lean in to the silly. (Outrageous!)

That's the best Aquaman.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

site posted:

war of the realms - land of the giants 1

Man, I love Spider-Man

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Darthemed posted:

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #3 (2016)

I really love badass Alfred, even when it's this corny.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Synthbuttrange posted:

reminds me of my favourite NSM strip

I miss NSM so much.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Gnome de plume posted:

Harold and Toomie, what a pair

I read that laugh as Surfer literally saying "ha" three times.

ha...ha...ha

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Garfield's right about raisins, though.

My theory is that raisins are a joke some dad played on his kids, and then he died without telling them it was a joke, and thus they spent their entire lives thinking raisins were actually food and taught it to THEIR children.

Raisins: the dad joke that got out of hand

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I've never had the Hellboy beer, but I did have a maple liquor once that was loving amazing.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

oriongates posted:

That gives me the urge to see the "man lost in his own pants" gag taken to a ridiculous extreme. Guy vanishes into his own pants. Someone investigates, crawls inside and disappears. A search party is sent into the pants...no one returns. An RC robot sends back photos of miles and miles of denim, scrawled with increasingly deranged notes. A rustling in the denim. Sudden movement. The signal is lost. Days later a single man, starved and aged, stumbles out of the pants...with his last breath he begs the researchers to burn the pants.

...they should have listened.

Why didn't they listen?

They're longer than you think, Brad! Longer than you think!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thetoughestbean posted:

97% of birds don’t even have penises, so duck dicks are extra weird.

Some ducks have a social hierarchy where the dominant male duck grows a gigantic dick and the lesser ducks only grow small dicks that they try to hide from the male duck.

Ducks are weird

In bird culture, this is considered a dick move.

hahahhahahaha omg

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Retro Futurist posted:

All I'm saying is, picture Matt Berry yelling "by the hoary hosts of hoggoth" and then try to ever see anyone else as right for it ever again

I need this in my life.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The_Other posted:

Red Sonja's Do's & Don'ts of Dating
A Guide to Courting Etiquette in the Hyborian Age, or: How Not to Lose One's Head in the Process of Pitching Woo

From Red Sonja Valentines Day Special 2021

this owns

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Infinitum posted:

Hopefully we still get the RPG scene

I don't remember this. Can someone post it?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Argue posted:

My headcanon is that Darkseid will never admit this but he thinks that earth's sole contribution to the universe is the invention of the comfy chair.

Mine too, now

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TwoPair posted:

I misread this as "America Smash!" when I saw it the first time and was excited to see if he turned into a big green Uncle Sam next.

Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat! #10

omg these pages give me the chills. I'm massively allergic to bedbugs. I'd literally be hospitalized if I had that many bites.

Last time I got bitten (at a lovely hotel), they bit my face, which became so swollen I couldn't see. And the hotel management acted just like that lovely landlord. Ugh.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I've seen a bazillion Injustice panels in this thread. The best is still Plas flipping off Cyborg. Closely followed by Harley giving Green Arrow poo poo about his "Arrow Cave".

I watched the animated Injustice movie on HBOMax last night, and both scenes were faithfully done in the movie. It made me happy.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Elissimpark posted:

A costume is important, but remember to stay inside a reasonable budget, especially if you're just starting out:

(I came for Lord Buckethead, but honestly, Gumboot Catweazle has stolen the show (and my heart))

This could double as bad cosplay of two characters from my long-running D&D campaign.

I swear to god if Phil has been secretly playing as Lord Buckethead for the last two years to put one over on us Americans, I'm gonna...buy him a beer, because that's fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Push El Burrito posted:

I have been in a committed crime-fighting superhero sidekick relationship for the past 70 years. I’m the hero and I have 9 sidekicks, five boys and 4 girls. It’s been going great, it’s all consensual and everyone if having a good time. We sometimes live together, but we hang out at my batcave almost every day. It is not a purely vigilante relationship either. We all share an emotional connection and it’s like any other relationship but punching and gadgets.
Of course, as the hero, there are some rules. They need to call me Batman. No teaming up with anyone except for me. If i tell someone to do something, they do it (within bounds of course). The punishments depend on the person, some of my sidekicks get killed, some try to go solo. It all depends on what I agree on with each sidekick. We have safe words too, and we stop the patrols whenever anyone says one. It seems weird to villains but this is what we enjoy and we like to be open about it. Everything has been great.

At least I thought everything was going great. I woke up a couple days ago and told one of my sidekicks to get me a cup of coffee. He didn’t do it. I told him that I was going to punish him (force him to fight Condiment King, which can be easily resisted) and he said that he wouldn’t do it. Now, if one of my sidekicks acts like this I break it off with them so I threatened him that I would kick him out of the Bat-family. The other sidekicks chimed in and said that if I kick him out, they all leave. That’s right; my sidekicks have unionized.

They handed me a sheet of paper with a list of demands. The demands included (I’m not sharing all of them for their privacy), “Allow teaming up with other heroes” and “Demands are to only be followed after nightfall”. I tried to negotiate, but they were firm in their demands. I couldn’t punish them. My hands are tied, and I have no power anymore.

I told them that I would think about it for a couple days. They haven’t left me yet, they still stay overnight, but this list of demands is lingering over our relationship and our crime fighting. They want to keep a superhero, and no one has stepped up to replace me. They thought about finding a new hero online but only if I don’t give into their demands. I want to negotiate because I don’t want to give up too much power. I offered “team ups with other heroes only before 6 pm” and “follow demands after 1 pm”. I also offered following each demand separately but not both together.

I really do have feelings for them, and they have feelings for me. But the power balance was shifted when they unionized and I don’t know what to do. The relationship isn’t as satisfying anymore and I don’t know if it will ever be.

What should I do. Do I let them get a new hero and leave them? Or do I give into their demands and relinquish some of my power?

I could see some variation of this happening in the Harley Quinn cartoon. It doesn't shy away from making Bruce out to be really hosed up and kind of pathetic.