Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Vincent posted:

On one hand, it's Leopardon and that's rad. On the other hand, Dan Slott is writing and ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Apparently Leopardon gets taken out on the very next page anyway, from what I heard, so you're probably not missing much from that bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Filboid Studge posted:

Ryan North was a goon wasn't he?

I don't think so? But I could be wrong; it wouldn't surprise me, but I don't remember him ever being here.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Nope, looks like that's the original panel as far as I can tell; it's from Silver Star by Jack Kirby, not sure of the issue number.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You're saying he just copied her and didn't hollow her out and use her corpse as a suit of armor. Right? Right?! :stonklol: It says something about comics that I have to actually be concerned about this happening.

The evil Tony Stark took the robot copy of Diamondback and turned it into a suit of armor. LMDs are robots.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

He's saying she's a machine, the concept doesn't even apply. He used her scrap metal.

The Doom analogy is pretty apt since Iron Maniac took over his universe's Latveria to oppose his universe's Mr Fantastic.

Ah, okay; I don't know the storyline, so I wasn't sure if her software was still running in the armor or something like that.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

Days of Future Past cover is pretty homaged too.

People were talking about what panels have been homaged the most, though, not what covers.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

Actually it's an Artie Simek thing. He misspelled "Thor" as "Thorr" on one page of Journey Into Mystery #83 when he was lettering it. It's an error that's been fixed in all the reprints, though, so I'm having a tough time finding it (I think it was actually the last page where it was telling you to check out the new adventures of Thorr, but I may be misremembering).

Edit:

From a reprint of Journey Into Mystery #83, obviously, so I guess it wasn't fixed in all of them.

Is that where Hickman actually got it from? Because that sounds like it could just be a random coincidence, that he chose an alternate form of "Thor" that unconnectedly happened to have also been a misprint once.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

I am 99% sure that Hickman took it from there just because it's really infamous. There's a million options and he happens to pick the one that actually happened and has had nerds snickering for fifty years? And that's not like a misprint in Thor #242; it's giving the character the wrong name in his first appearance.

Aha; I wasn't trying to challenge it, I just didn't realize how well-known a misprint that was. I'd never heard of it before, I didn't realize it was so significant and it seemed like the sort of thing that could be coincidental. Neat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Archie's main comic also had that crisis on infinite Archies thing going on, which was the weirdest thing to even happen to Archie since that time they revealed Jughead was a time cop who was in love with Archie's great grand-daughter from the future and that's why he wasn't interested in other girls.

They also introduced a gay character a few years back, which isn't really notable except for the fact that it's Archie.

Wasn't the Crisis on Infinite Archies thing this awesome plot-twist out of left field too? Like there was an Archie comic that at first just seemed to be an anthology of different what if-type scenarios, but then in the last page of one of them you had Dilton jumping universes Sliders-style to save the Archie Multiverse or something like that?