Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Even in the face of death, commit to the bit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Keeshhound posted:

"Then smother the fire with flour or salt, never water." :psyduck:

It says that for grease fires.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That last panel shows how much anyone at DC cared about Breach seeing as he is colored the same as the machine. He doesn't even get mentioned in the comic proper.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dillbag posted:

Did this show even air outside of Canada?

Yeah, it aired on old rear end Scifi Channel.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

Maybe with one team member dying and him unable to stop it, no matter how many repeats he gets. Or, even ebtter, someone dies, and he doesn't get a repeat of the day. He then breaksdown?

That is actually the premise of an episode of Supernatural. Sam is trapped in a time loop where every day Dean dies. They break the time loop but Dean dies right afterward and it doesn't reset. (It eventually resets.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MAGNETS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Selachian posted:

So Volto can't introduce himself without pushing and pulling stuff all over?

He has to touch his wrist too. I'm not sure if there's a greater context to these or what but it was a super weird ad campaign. Especially the "Grape Nuts won't give you magnetic powers ;)" bit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes, this comic is about a cowboy who goes to Mars to fight Nazis. It is surprisingly boring!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unfortunately you don't learn if the "Madman from Mars" is Hitler or not because it is a two part story and that is the last issue. There is a story though where three stone men aliens show up and are all "We're going to conquer your planet!" The heroes try shooting them with guns and arrows but they don't work. Instead of gradual escalation they just drop a nuke on them. It seems kind of like overkill.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The comic is weirdly low energy for the story it tells, namely that the Martian Nazis (who are just Nazis who fled to Mars during the war) blow up New York, London, Moscow and oddly enough Honolulu but the main character doesn't seem to care much about it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Haha, Cap has electrodes on his junk.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Someone needs to post the pocket burger scene from SW 6.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Freddy saying "bitch" has been kind of ruined for me by Rick & Morty.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Oh yeah, I read those back to back, so it's all a blur. I had a phase where I bought a bunch of comics based on horror franchises after enjoying a few issues of Army of Darkness.

Guess what, most comics based on horror franchises are loving terrible.

While the Hellraiser comic was uneven it did have some good stories using the premise. Oddly enough, Clive Barker's were the worst of the bunch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wasn't it something weird like Hal and Guy were exactly the same distance from the ring and both qualified so it just picked one at random?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gavok posted:

I was reading Deadpool vs. Thanos #3 and there's this part where they're in Hell and being alive and in Hell is like being a beacon, especially for those you've killed.

I guess in the end, Tommy didn't go to Noonan's Pub in the Sky after all.

It's been forever since I read the comic but I don't remember Deadpool having anything to do with his death.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well that should tell you how long it's been since I've read it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A cool part of that mini was it showed him just saying word after word in his downtime, trying to figure out the phrase.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shitshow posted:

What? LOL, that's one way to deal with not owning the movie rights, I guess.

It has nothing to do with the movie rights because Ben and Johnny are still around and so is Doom.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Josef bugman posted:

My name is Doctor Stephen Strange MD.

If someone got the people from Garth Morenghis darkplace to do the voices for the film it'd be spectacular.

Reading those panels in Matt Berry's voice is pretty great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know that's supposed to be one of those tall police intake desks but it still looks like that one guy is crouched down behind it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The best part about that is he came back to life because someone screwed up summoning a demon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In a picture they used of him and Azz for an ad you could just see that he even has a cane now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

prefect posted:

Peter David's Grey Hulk was so great for stuff like that. He used his noggin to beat up the Thing, even though he was weaker and the Thing was, at the time, extra-rocky. He Heimliched him.

On an unrelated topic, I just saw this panel from Superdickery:

I'm pretty sure that "robot" is Superman. IIRC the story is that they're on an island with dinosaurs and Superman is helping keep their existence secret but won't just ask Jimmy not to take pictures for some reason.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Superman, ew!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Keeshhound posted:

Was...was there ever a time when Supergirl wasn't his cousin? :gonk:

The very first appearance of Supergirl she wasn't his cousin. The whole thing was Jimmy made a wish on a magical Indian staff that there would be a Supergirl with all of Superman's powers. Yadda yadda yadda he undoes the wish right before she dies of Kryptonite poisoning. People liked the character and they back with exactly the same design but with the whole cousin backstory.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

I,, uh, so, this was Jimmy denying that he was gay for superman right? Like "Oh man, my best friend is strong and awesome and I'd want to sleep with him if he was a girl. Totally"

Actually she started going after Superman right away. Lois was the one who was super jealous.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The whole hat thing is because she's a Skrull and Howard pointed out that shapeshifting a hat out of her flesh doesn't really protect from the sun.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It took me a second to realize why Spider-Man was in this advertisement, then I got kind of angry at the bad pun.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Doesn't getting frozen gently caress with his rubbery-ness, or am I mixing him up with Mr. Fantastic?

He's gonna end up getting frozen with Supes' super-breath and then shattered, isn't he? :sigh: I expect nothing happy out of Injustice.

Batman's method of stopping Plastic Man from Tower of Babel was to freeze him and then shatter him with a hammer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WHY IS SPIDER-MAN WEARING GOGGLES OVER HIS MASK, WHICH ALREADY HAS EYE COVERING?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

???

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Selachian posted:

We have a new contender for worst costume ever.

That description seems like it'd be an interesting novel. The whole "fought crime in a costume as a young man, lost all his money and found a normal life attending college."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Or makes it better, in the case of Superman's New Power.

God drat, Superman's new power was so bizarre. Even in the case of Silver Age whackness.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kharmakazy posted:

Wait... are we talking about Flare.... or has there been more powers since then?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's a tiny Superman that he shoots out of his hand that has his powers but when it happens Superman no longer has powers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

And didn't Superman get jealous of the tiny Superman and have him killed?

While he did get jealous, he didn't have the tiny Superman killed. Instead it sacrificed itself to save him by riding a tiny kryptonite meteor into space.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

:suicide: Tell me that's an edit. Tell me it's fanart. Tell me anything.

edit: also yeah mark it NWS NMS plz.

It's from some independent series he did with lots of swearing and nudity. The main character is legally distinct Wonder Woman.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bruceski posted:

I can't tell since it's Deadpool, are the kids/others in Fantastic Four uniforms numbered 5, 6, 7, 10, 12, 14, 15 a gag, or are they doing that these days?

The Future Foundation numbers their uniforms like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Selachian posted:

I remember when Punisher was first introduced, he used :airquote: mercy bullets because of course you couldn't have him just murdering people left and right. Wonder when they said "aw, screw it" and let him use real bullets.

When he was first introduced in Spider-Man he totally killed people, then eventually when he started getting popular he switched to mercy bullets and after that they switched back to real bullets.