Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I'm wondering, are there any other heroes who's names, over time, have completely changed meaning like with Plastic Man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So that's the origin of the trunk?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kennel posted:

Dr. Hormone (1940)

Oh, I thought it was going to be a trans thing from the first part.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uthor posted:

Does the yellow sun give Krypton germs super powers?

Probably, that looks like it is from the era where everything from Krypton became indestructible once it was on Earth.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A joke I remember someone making about Silver Age Superman stories is that after a certain point it seems like Jor-El and Lara were the only Kryptonians who didn't leave before the planet exploded.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

thetoughestbean posted:

I don’t understand why people used lick to mean defeat

Like a lot of weird English terms it probably came from Polari.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Darthemed posted:

Superboy #141 (1967)

That's a really awkward hand position there, Superboy. I guess what happens on Belgor stays on Belgor.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just realized Mirror Wesley is basically doing the Powerup Comics pose.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SimonChris posted:

Thor #182 (1970)

This feels like it has meme potential.

Great bedside manner there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Reed Richards other super power is being unable to read the room

Fantastic Four #1 (1961)

That just reminds me of the old ms paint someone did "and I'm Captain Fuckin Awesome"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Darthemed posted:

Blue Beetle #41 (1946)

Too bad about the lady who just got stabbed though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fun fact, this character from Mr Show (FF Woodycocks) was based on the same cop that John Mulaney made famous in a comedy special a couple years ago, JJ Bittenbinder.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FFT posted:

Does this Silver Surfer count?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAnPnPKJJNw

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It can definitely lead to some weird stories. Like Jimmy Olsen who is 21 years old and has his own apartment getting obsessed with playing professional marbles.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Darthemed posted:

House of Mystery #84 (1959)

Sounds like someone needs to turn their crank to FRANK!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SimonChris posted:

Justice League of America #26 (2008)

This is actually a reference to a character that DC floated in the 70s where he had dual identities where a white bigot would turn into a black superhero. DC asked Tony Isabella to write the series but he told them they were nuts and convinced them to scrap the concept and let him create his own black superhero which turned into Black Lightning.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Are all the comments under Nancy boomers complaining about Aunt Fritzi no longer being hot?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's an immortal soldier who's been alive for thousands of years. There are plans to turn it into an animated show and live action movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

site posted:

i can't help but be a little curious as to why she thor has chicken legs and the punisher logo is the page symbol

Punisher logo is because one of the villains of Earth X was a new Red Skull who used a red Punisher logo as his symbol.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dogsred chapter 24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

David D. Davidson posted:

Oh we've all had those days.

To be fair he just got done with an incredibly intense training day for a hockey team that ended with a bear chasing everyone.