Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Cat beast is the best. I hate frasierface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I just wish they kept whedon's changes around. It's been, what, 40 years? Cyclops should have a handle on this poo poo by now.

AFAIK, danger and sword were all that stuck.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

Cyclops was always my favorite X-Man. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, yet all rear end in a top hat all the time.

Scott and Emma are perfect for each other.

[something from fraction's x-men i think, don't know the issue]

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Why is he called mettle? Because we can see what he's made of?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I like how much star lord looks like chris pratt. I like that this kind of thing can happen both ways now.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SirDan3k posted:

No Cyclops showed up whining about cancer being a mutation and how it had a right to exist.

I loving love Cyclops.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

First result of a Google Image Search for "Marvel Rockslide Doesn't Have Junk":

This page is a complete narrative. It is a story about every class at the x-men academy ever.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Stuff it, mutie.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

If there's so much confusion, can we call her "Ther"?

fake edit: dammit, now I can't decide if this should be pronounced like "her" or like "cher"

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I fail to see what nick fury could have whispered into Thor's ear that would have made him unworthy.

...Unless...

...Unless the hammer is homophobic?

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 12, 2015

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

In his defense, it's basically drawn as a crown. A whoopee cap shouldn't have such a tall 'brim'.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah hey wait, I wanna be lockjaw!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Rockslide deserves to be the juggernaut more than anyone else who has ever existed in any form of media.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Plok was a pretty good game.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

200x321

edit: haha, ok you fixed it nvm

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Guys quit it, my friend draws squirrel girl :smith:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I think the thing that bothers me most about that page (and don't get me wrong, nearly EVERYTHING about these batman comics bothers me) is that somehow he became completely invisible despite his costume not covering his mouth.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

HOW DID THIS MAN MAKE A LIVING DRAWING COMICS

HOW

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

WickedHate posted:

Wait, I just realized what his terrible secret is!

Ghost Rider: Heaven's on Fire #2

It makes me really sad to think that Master Pandemonium did this on purpose. He has no one to blame but himself.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

It actually makes sense that a slow moving projectile like a blaster bolt is more difficult to deflect at short range.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Wasn't there a goon in here whose husband did thor? I can't remember if that's what he looked like, but the costume seemed pretty close. They had a stupendous Herc, too.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

He's blind, lay off him.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

In general the lineups are kinda disappointing. Most of them are just normal people.

(yes, i am aware that mina is a normal person and she is a great character but that shouldn't be the majority of the lineup)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Is glob herman super strong now? I did not think glob was strong enough to throw the wolverine.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

You can't put Alex P Keaton and Marty McFly on the same team. It would like, destroy time or something.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Obviously that was supposed to be Teen Wolf (Todd Howard)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That's logan's mind? Where the gently caress is jean??

tribbledirigible posted:

Cap is so sick of these Cybertronian Wars.

Optimus Prime is a truck! Have you even seen transformers??

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 7, 2015

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

from the same page:

This wiki is fantastic.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I spent 5 or 10 dollars buying the x-men arcade game for my phone just so I could hear colossus's YEEAAAARRGGHH again. I have not once attempted to play it for real.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Perestroika posted:

Rat Queens continues to be pretty fun.

(Rat Queens #12)

I am not terribly fond of the new art. Wasn't the new artist supposed to be the person who does those superman comics? It doesn't look like it.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

DrProsek posted:

Stjepan Sejic did a small strip about Lois and Superman loving but other than that none of the Rat Queens artists did the art for Superman. The artist for #12 was Tess Fowler.

That explains why I can never remember his name. IIRC he did at least one other with batman/superman.

So is Tess Fowler going to be doing them for the forseeable future, or what?

edit: did some googling, looks like 13-15 are Sejic but Fowler is the main artist going forward. Bummer.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 21, 2015

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

BACKWARDS!

FIX!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Cangelosi posted:

Punisher.

Nuff Said.

My worst nightmare is someone walking up behind me at the urinal and threatening to cut my cock off if I can't identify a Steve Dillon character

edit: yeah him

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Feb 2, 2016

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Gavok posted:

"Are you guys talking about Frank Castle?!"

"YEAH!"

"I KNOW FRANK CASTLE!"

"WELL LET ME BUY YOU A ROUND!!"

FRAAANK CAASTLE!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

It's probably the worst thing Ellis has written (that I've read). It was just so impossible to care about anything going on.

My Humongous X-men Disappointment™ is that cyclops didn't stay fixed after whedon's run. Like, what the gently caress?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Do you mean fixed narratively or are you talking about his powers? Because the powers thing was undone at the end of Whedon's own run. If you mean narratively, I was never that fond of Whedon's take on Cyclops, it just seemed like a nerdy guy who related to Cyclops more childishly trying to make his favorite character seem cooler than Wolverine. And it led to a decade+ of Cyclops being horrible.

I'm talking about his powers. At the end of whedon's run he's like "oh, it's hard to hold them in so I'm gonna wear this anyway", which is sort of a lame cop-out but at least opens the door for other situations where he's able to not shoot lasers for an amount of time, like, for an 'ace up his sleeve' or whatever. But then it was never built upon or brought up again and now he got phoenixed and he's got less control than ever. It sucks.

ps cyclops is cooler than wolverine

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

It feels a lot editorially mandated. There is no question in my mind whedon would have left him that way if he was allowed to.

Lurdiak posted:

Not when he's trying to be Wolverine, he isn't.

It is not scott's fault that many writers cannot differentiate between various types of badass.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 10, 2016

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Hah! I forgot about that.

Here's a panel that I like (don't have the source, sadly, I probably stole it from this thread tbh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

Those last three panels are RS noticing how easy it will be to do a running jump off the wall and grab that hatch.

It opens upward, how would you even