Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ah, yes, it appears I have forgotten the medium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Nah, Wolverine's the best at that, and everyone knows Wolverine's a lady, not a gross old man. :v:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SilverSupernova posted:

It doesn't matter since Fred just keeps trying to evoke powers from Red Hera.

Boooo

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I can't believe it's already time for my biennial plantman link. My how the time flies.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

It also turned the oceans into Fanta.

Oh no! That's over 500 million people!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

How much salvia do you think it takes to write your average Stardust the Super Wizard comic?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

MODOK doesn't have a penis, you must be thinking of MODOF.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I smiled at the Upright Citizens Brigade references, at least.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Everyone should read the gently caress out of Astro City

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

No he specifically had a J. Jonah Jameson face ON the Iron Man mask. I distinctly recall this from the storyline.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ferrule posted:

Well that's just silly.

Yeah, but if you saw iron man swooping in on you with a hitler mustache you'd poo poo bricks though.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

He wants to know what it's like to be pregnant.

http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/i-put-fat-suit-understand-what-its-be-your-mom-2061

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Those characters are all intentionally similar to Marvel characters. They're called The Extremists and from an alternate dimension that is ~Mysteriously similar~ to Marvel. There were also heroes (The Blue Jay who is basically knockoff Hank Pym) and the Silver Sorceress (You can figure this one out) who were part of the Justice League for a while. There was also Wandjina who was Knockoff Thor and who you probably remember from showing up in Multiversity if you read that. That said DD dude was Doctor Diehard who was knockoff Magneto.

Unrelated fun fact: Cyborg Superman actually began life as knockoff Reed Richards.

Wh.... what?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Open Marriage Night posted:

My dumb rear end thought it was a reference to the resale clothing store Plato's Closet. Don't know if they even have those outside of Michigan.

There's at least one in Boston that I know of, fwiw

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

There's one guy who draws him like a megaman boss and I think it works well.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Black Adam. ;) Black Bolt doesn't talk nearly enough for them to cast my favorite wrestler for it.

...I say that, but Vin Diesel happily recorded "I Am Groot" hundreds of times to make sure he got the right inflections, so maybe Rock would play Black Bolt.

You would not BELIEVE how much Vin Diesel got paid every time he said "I Am Groot"

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I think that's a photoshop and that he is asking for beer.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Whatever, it makes more sense for a dinosaur person to be named that anyways.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

:catstare:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

As you wish.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Of all the things not to retcon a month later... Why on earth is Jubilee still a vampire?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

That's not really how it happened.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ooh, he's dreamy, let's introduce him to no-girl.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Correct.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Wanderer posted:

Random nudity happened a lot for everyone in those comics. I have an issue that's technically the first appearance of the X-Babies, where Wolverine gets de- and re-aged into a Mojo contract star, and Mojo's idea of a new outfit for him is a helmet and nothing else.

You'd fuckin watch it, shut up

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I liked spider man's jokes :unsmith:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

site posted:

I tried sitting through that once

You'd need to eat like 10 weed brownies to be able to watch that whole thing

You really missed out

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

But he's so obsessed with his branding that he couldn't stop himself from putting bats everywhere.

This is why the Phantom is so much better than Batman

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Goofus tags everything and everyone.

Gallant wants no credit for his good deeds.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Proteus Jones posted:

...why is Spider-Man's head so huge?

he's got a small reserve of oxygen inside his mask

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

He did. All in one issue, too.

I think a couple of those were left out, but he definitely referenced those exact pictures for each of the arrowheads. That was a great issue.

edit: I'm still a little confused about what that thing is above the boomerang arrow.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Hahahha. Well played, elephant.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Huffing knockout gas is, like, super bad for you.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Elfface posted:

While that is the canon explanation (As much as anything is canon or explained in Newspaper Spider Man) I vastly prefer the idea that he just had someone take a sharpie to the mask.

As I recall, it wasn't consistent between the weekday artist and the weekend artist, and what's more, it sure as hell looked like a sharpie drawing.
I choose to interpret the glowing as majesty

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

purple death ray posted:

I think if anybody wrote a comic that examined the effect of superheros on our real world politics and technology it'd probably be one of the best selling graphic novels of all time

You might enjoy Astro City

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Catfishenfuego posted:

That was an impressive amount of people who had death ray's joke fly right over their head huh.

You also might enjoy Astro City

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

JK Simmons, Willem DaFoe and Alfred Molina are all absolute treasures, and were a joy to watch. Everything else is just kinda there

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Hellboy 2 was on the other day and it really is quite fishfucky in retrospect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think it's actually a toss-up between Ultimates 3 and the start of Kirkman's run on Ultimate X-Men for "most dramatic shift". Because that latter book jumps right off a cliff and drops straight down as well.

God drat, don't remind me. For a minute there I completely forgot about The Magician