Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Off to the side, Harry Osborn smirks. "I'll have what he's having."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Archyduke posted:

I like how smug he looks about that checking account line. As if anybody reading his mind at that moment and assuming he'd deposit it in savings or something just got burnt bad.

It makes me think of Coach Z going, "You're a real MC! A master of ceremonies!" and thinking it's the funniest thing ever.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Dr. Hurt posted:

You heard the man. Who doesn't like rotund humans falling over?

Fred Ottman for one.

He just wanted to shock the world :(

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

From Secret Wars Too.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Dark Knight 3 #1

Batman has been replaced with the Ice Cream Bunny.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Cangelosi posted:

"Daaaaark Knight Batmaaaan,
The Daaaark Knight Batmaaaan,
He's Veeeery Daaaaark,
And heeee's a BATMAAAAN!"

This is a good post and I like it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Cabbit posted:

"Hello? Sandvich? I am GAY. For YOU!"

"My arch enemy a truck is a spy!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

davidspackage posted:

There is a 90% chance that during this shot, he was saying AAHHHHHHH!!

The other 10% is that he's talking about how powerful something or someone is.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm not sure if this is the thread to ask, I'm not sure which thread is the right one, honestly. There was a batman comic edit of that achewood with the nephew wearing tiny pants one each leg; does anyone have that? GIS is giving me nothing.

Here you go.

League of Extraordinary Achewood is still one of the top 5 things I've ever done. I'm so proud of that one.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

On one hand, I'm so psyched to see some good Plastic Man stuff in This The Year of Our Doc Brown 2015. On the other hand, he's probably going to get Guy Gardner'd because he's not in the game :(

Still, I'm impressed that the Injustice comic is going to reach its destination. They're on Year Five. That's wild.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

SilverSupernova posted:

On that note, has Ambush Bug appeared in the Injustice comic? I haven't really followed it that much.

Not that I've seen yet. There really hasn't been much of a reason for him to appear.

Endless Mike posted:

Good job with that speech bubble pointing to Sinestro, DC

That's Plastic Man.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Doc Hawkins posted:

Not this one I'm sure, but I don't care.

:catstare: he could kill us all... :catstare:

That's kind of how it was in the Kelly JLA thing. From what I remember, the League went back in time 3,000 years and had some kind of adventure in Atlantis. They all were killed and then resurrected. All but Plastic Man for some reason. Then they returned to the present and Batman realized that Plas didn't come back because he didn't die in the first place. He can't die. He was just scraps of himself, spread across the ocean floor, completely conscious for 3,000 years. They tracked him down, put him together at HQ and Firestorm was all, "lol I bet he's going to be bouncing around and stuff."

Batman's all :stare: and tells him to shut the gently caress up because they're dealing with a being that's pretty drat powerful and probably out of his mind from being alone with only his thoughts for several thousand years.

Plas left the team for a while and tried to live a normal life with his estranged son, but Batman brought him back because Martian Manhunter went rogue and was no longer weak to fire. Plas was Batman's ace in the hole on that because he can't be mind-controlled and his morphing powers are superior to J'onn's.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

drat it, Sentry, you had ONE JOB!

Actually, you also had to keep the Void in check on a daily basis, but... okay, you had TWO JOBS!

Choco1980 posted:

I'm a lazy broke bastard, but everything I've seen of the series on this board has told me that somehow the quickie tie-in comic to a violent video game is the best written thing to come out of DC in years.

It's actually helped a lot by existing alongside New 52 because as dark and messed up as it can be at times, the underlying point is, "This is NOT how it should be!" Kind of like Plastic Man's rant. New 52 never had that self-awareness.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Where is a good place to start with Injustice? I remember it initially being really terrible.

The fifth digital issue is when we get the surprisingly fun Green Arrow/Harley Quinn story that wipes the stink away from the first four game-mandated issues. That would be the middle of the second physical issue, if that's how you're reading it.

The art is pretty unfortunate for much of Year One, so be warned. Also, Tom Taylor leaves about 2/3 into Year Three and his replacement Brian Buccellato is really mediocre. Year Four has some decent ideas, but it's mostly just spinning its wheels and you can honestly skip the entire volume without missing anything of note. As for the annuals, only Year One and Year Four are worth checking out. Coincidentally, they're the ones written by Taylor.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

SirDan3k posted:

For reasons that have nothing to do with any kinda no homo Deadpool man crushes we swear x-23 Gwenpool is legit progressive female expansion character. -Editorial as I imagine it.

Reminder that there was a Lady Deadpool whose face was scarred up as well (though it appeared more heavily slashed up than genetic side-effect), but they made sure to have it get cleaned up in Deadpool Corps because, you know, you can't include a female Deadpool unless you want to make her hot.

Lurdiak posted:

Anyone but Nolan North is fine by me.

The guy's voice is so hosed it's yellow, and he does a "Just nolan north, hanging out" voice. :mad:

I was always partial to his "shithead Michelangelo" voice from X-Men Legends/Ultimate Alliance.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

SynthOrange posted:

Gratuitous Doomsday butt shot.

Moonsday.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Cangelosi posted:

Namor declared war on the surface world?

But...but...they make the most delicious pizza!

It's also the only place he can get bagels!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

He also wrote a great Deadpool annual about a year ago where Spider-Man was all paranoid about the Chameleon constantly attacking him so Deadpool switched costumes with him and acted as Spider-Man for the day.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Double post!

On the subject of Deadpool and Hawkeye, here's something from Deadpool #4.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Travis343 posted:

Also, whenever Deadpool isn't around, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Deadpool?"

I think you'll find that Deadpool is, in fact, the fireworks factory.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

mind the walrus posted:

If you don't groove on Deadpool's fool schtick immediately you're probably not going to start once you find out about the handful of pathos he's accrued in 20 years.

It is kind of weird that one of Marvel's most popular humor characters is a suicidal, cancer-ridden rape victim mass murderer who used to torture his loved ones due to control issues and unknowingly murdered his parents.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

Eh, we've already seen like 27 different versions of whatever was going on with his parents, I wouldn't count the Posehn/Duggan version as the word of god.

The Watcher's eyes do not lie.

Nor does the current version of Sabretooth, I guess.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

CzarChasm posted:

Uh...Que? Literal, sexual assault rape, or more metaphorical "body was abused/tortured/vivisected against his will in the name of science" rape? I mean, neither one is good, but I find the second one a lot more likely.

Rape by deception, basically.

During the Kelly Deadpool run, in his attempt to prove to himself that he could be a better person, he decided to take Typhoid Mary under his wing and see if he could turn her life around for the better. It went really badly. Sometime after that, Deadpool was going through some personal crisis stuff and sought out Siryn, who was his will-they-won't-they love interest. She was in the middle of some old fashion mutant persecution with whatever X-team she was on at the time and yelled at him a bunch. Later that night, Deadpool was drinking alone and Siryn showed up to apologize, profess her love and sleep with him. In the morning, Deadpool realized it was Typhoid Mary using an image inducer and she explained that she did it simply because she could.

They played up his reaction shockingly straight. He was clearly traumatized and it sent him further over the edge.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

TwoPair posted:

It can be two things!

Contest of Champions #3 presents your new favorite Hulk.

"New" favorite Hulk? Bitch, please. He's been my favorite for years.

From What If v.1 #12:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

From Street Fighter V: The Life and Death(s) of Charlie Nash.

I remember you, Joe :smith:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

He's the guy who knocks Balrog's cousin Tito out on the intro screen of SF2, right?

I think that intro was originally going to be used for Final Fight, but they put it in SF2 instead. So it was going to be Cody, but people just label him as Joe because it makes more sense.

Then in Street Fighter Alpha 3 they were planning on bringing Joe back as an escaped convict who loves fighting too much, but then decided it would be a better development for Cody.

Also, the crappy Final Fight Streetwise game had a guy named Ghost who is widely believed to just be a renamed Joe.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Ultragonk posted:

Been reading some past X-Men and Kitty Pryde has an interesting top when she first joins the X-Men

She was way into the OJ trial.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Cangelosi posted:

The Street Fighter tournament rules were MUCH laxer back in the day.

Oh yeah. Way more chill back when it was put together by a bored kickboxer. Once the magical terrorists, naked cyborg clones and thong-wearing cult leaders took over, they tightened the leash.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

C. Everett Koop posted:

Well Ryu's so goddamn boring they gotta do something to pop the ratings.

Akuma's been pushing for a Ryu heel turn for years.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Yup, that's the joke all right.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Tough luck, you're stuck with me.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

And to think Hawkeye and Agent Venom had trouble getting along.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Ferrule posted:

Variant:

Inviting T-Ray, Typhoid Mary and Sabretooth to your wedding. All bad decisions for different reasons.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

mind the walrus posted:

Wait is T-Ray even still a thing? Best I can find with google is some appearance a decade ago.

T-Ray showed up a couple times in Cable/Deadpool (where he was used sort of well) and then in Way's Deadpool run (where he was not used well at all). He hasn't appeared in the Duggan run, and Duggan's even mentioned that he won't be using him at all, but he did get namedropped in a pretty important moment.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Five #5

Bizarro is an unfinished, escaped Superman clone Lex Luthor created. He ends up in Germany, all confused. An old man recognizes him as Superman and takes him in.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Veotax posted:

I bet Bane cuts a mean promo.

Injustice: Year 5 #6

The first thing I want to be done is to get that piece of crap out of my city! Don't just get him out of the city, get him out of the DC Universe, because I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, that you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you type at your Batcomputer, and you do your prep time, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your vengeance, talk about Detective Comics #27... BATMAN #497 SAYS I JUST BROKE YOUR BACK!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Neo Rasa posted:

Search has failed me, a long time ago someone posted a page where Galactus and the Beyonder are one a daytime talk show and learn that one of them is not the father, after which Beyonder is like "LET US SETTLE OUR DIFFERENCES WITH FISTS!" Can someone either post this page or tell me what comic/issue it's from?

What If Venom Possessed Deadpool

Also, earlier in the issue is this situation where Rick Remender responds to people criticizing Frankencastle.

Thank God this issue happened before Uncanny Avengers. Then we would've had Venompool drowning someone with Eddie Brock's urine.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

That writer could have said "Stella was a fella" but dropped the ball instead.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Say Nothing posted:

The Punisher is kind of like an urban legend to criminals.

"Are you guys talking about Frank Castle?!"

"YEAH!"

"I KNOW FRANK CASTLE!"

"WELL LET ME BUY YOU A ROUND!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Hulk gonna smash it where the sun always shines!
(He's gonna smash it)
Ross make Hulk angry and Hulk need to ease his mind!
(Smashin' it, ohhhhh!)
Been lifting puny tanks and while Hulk gives them throw
Hulk gonna end up smashing it in... San Diego!

Smashin' it! Smashin' it! Smashity smash!
Crushin' it! Crushin' it! Crackity crack!