Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

I haven't read Batman Odyssey, but Comics Alliance's six part recap was really in depth.

http://comicsalliance.com/tags/batman-odyssey/

Best thing about this series of articles is that it took them two years to work the nerve up to do that last part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

Yes you can, I routinely forget about them and I know they're there. Then I end up going back three pages.

Pretty much how I read that issue as well. Did the same thing when I read Fraction's Defenders run, too.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

If you're not reading the book and in case it's not obvious: The dude with squirrels in his mouth is Iron Man villain Whiplash.

Also Tippy Toe's plan was way better, Doreen should listen to her.

In all fairness, Tippy Toe's plan also relies on The Power Cosmic being like an acorn.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Professor Wayne posted:

It's Daredevil. He probably thinks he's looking at Frank.

(Mini Marvels Civil Wards)

Easy joke, but it makes me chuckle.

Also Mini Marvels ruled.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SilverSupernova posted:

Well then. How about those funny comic panels, friends.

Marvel Now What #1

Is this better or worse than Who Won't Wield the Shield? Because that's the bar we measure against.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

PAD wrote all 80 issues of that series so what are you talking about?

Naw man Matrix PAD wrote the second half :pseudo:

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Turns out Namor is more human than he would like to admit.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The guy who does Dr. McNinja is doing actual comics? :psyduck: How did I not know about this

He did that Longshot mini a bit back. It was pretty great because that guy is a walking deus ex machina so like if vampires attack then of course Blade just happens to be within earshot.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like a good time to bring out this old chestnut from JLA 26:

Dwayne McDuffie was too good for this world.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

The reason the last panel doesn't make sense is because DC cut him asking if he can say nigga when he's black

Did not know that and it makes it even better.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

flosofl posted:

Is that the one when the albino pimp that Luke Cage, Iron Fist and DP petrified back in the 70s breaks free and goes after his "mortal enemies" (but none of them can remember who he is).

Do you mean...The White Man?!

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Four Score posted:

As a slave to his daughter used to destroy the Justice League, no less. It's okay though, her Amazon mom turns her away at the last moment (a lot of women die/almost die in Rebirth guys) and, after the Black Racer is released slaying Volthoom and freeing Jessica Cruz/Cyborg's mind as well as Hal giving his Power Ring to Batman so Batman can free himself from the Mobius Chair before it makes him, I assume, a drooling vegetable, she reverts Darkseid to a creepy-looking baby and vanishes for parts unknown to raise him with TLC, while Owlman and Grid make off for the Moon of their Earth with the Mobius Chair. Of course, just as Owlman begins to attain omniscience, he becomes aware of a presence and he and Grid are subsequently atomized by Sir Not Appearing in This Film (Dr. Manhattan).

I don't believe a word of this.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

That figure is bad.

Probably doesn't even have smells like peanut action.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ManlyGrunting posted:

"Blackest Night" was the event that got me into comic books, I still own several hardcovers :suicide:

I hope one of them has Guy Gardner: Chainsaw Master at least.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

Ghost Rider vs Sailor Moon.

Jason Aaron's Ghost Rider was so much fun :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Proteus Jones posted:

drat. That's pure evil.

Must be an undercover Wally West under that mask.