Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

SilverSupernova posted:

Just posting to remind you people that Groot is the best book Marvel is putting out at the moment and you are all terrible for not reading it.

This is the greatest thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Having Frank Serpico's picture in there is just weird, since he's like a real person who did actual important things.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Oh god. I must get on that.

LOADING BATTLE FLOPPY!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Spider-Woman #5

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Every panel of World's Funnest belongs here. The fact the he got so many of the original artists is so awesome.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Ror posted:

You should be careful what you wish for. Because it doesn't answer anything. :eng99:

I love that the meaningless stats they have don't line up at all, making them even more useless. I would love to see some grade school arguments over that. "Thanos may have a speed of 6 and an energy projection of 7, but Drax has a stamina of 7!"

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

I woulda made it the entire Iliad in the original Greek, personally.

Something tells me Billy Batson wouldn't think of or know that, even backed up with the wisdom of Solomon.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Evil Mastermind posted:

The talk of Punisher 2099 in the Badass thread reminded me of this thing, which is not badass. Dig that crazy cyberlingo!

Ghost Rider 2099, don't know which issue. One of the first three, according to the site I found the scan at.

Gotta love the random use of words like "mycotoxin" that the guy ripped off from neuromancer in order to use them without proper context.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

At first I was so flabbergasted by effeminate EVERYBODY that I didn't notice "Zorak with a beret."

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Rhyno posted:

Masters of the Universe #12, picked up off the spinner rack at a Jewel/Osco in 1986.

It wasn't amazing but it was pretty much the last gasp of He-Man as it was so I gobbled it up. Took forever to find the follow up (and final) issue.

Whoah, that's right up there with "The Transformers...are all dead."

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Ghostlight posted:

X-Men. That's Mystique getting Destiny in her face.

And hair.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

SynthOrange posted:

Eat the monsters. :unsmigghh:

Bring your tinning kit and save the floating eyes for when you need them.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

WickedHate posted:

Old comic book ads are loving amazing.

I worry about anyone who needs a booklet called "how to be an expert bike rider"

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Source: Super Hero Squad chutes and ladders

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Oh god, is the bottom left character the DC One Million Creeper? Aaah.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Hank Johnson, Agent of Hydra.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

drat, George got with Viper and Monica Rappacini? That floating head gets around.

Don't worry, Viper spends a good portion of that book sexually harassing her underlings. I'm not sure she's a prize catch.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Mental Organism Designed Only for Fuckin'?

And yeah, I need context for why he's singing at a funeral and Zemo's raising money for charity.

Well someone has to officiate at the funerals when Nick Fury kills some Hydra goons.

And schools need money. Even Hydra schools.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Foggy, you idiot.

Daredevil 160

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Not sure of source (old Bizarro story obviously)

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Squizzle posted:

loooooool

This speaks to me.

Yes. That is honest and true and amazing.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
My favorite is when Batman and Robin get super strength because they are in a low gravity "gravity well" caused by the surface of the Earth pulling them back up from the core. Also for some reason only they get superpowers and not everyone else.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I'm half convinced this is a terrible read by how ridiculously amazing it looks.

Every minute of it is fantastic. The story just constantly introduces nonsensical characters and laughs in the face of science. It's complete madness.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
50% of the story is Adams trying to explain how the earth is hollow and expanding (because he actually believes it).

Earth works just like this geode!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Keeshhound posted:

Is that a hollow earth parallel batman? :psyduck:

He's a Neandethal, and his sidekick is a dinosaur man. They learned about Batman on the TV.

Unrelated Panel:

Godzilla vs. Barkley

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Oh jeez. The background crowd in this.

Pretty obviously also Godzilla vs. Barkley

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Why is every panel 'CLOSE-UP SHOT / next shot'? People keep recommending this comic but every panel they post drives me crazy with GIANT CLOSE UP every single time.

It's a comic you read BECAUSE of the things that drive you crazy. Everything about it is pretty terrible.

There are like 5 issues devoted to Talia very obviously hinting something big to Batman to the point that a child could get it and him not getting it. And Boston Brand EXPLAINING THIS in the background.

And it opens with a story within a story that has nothing to do with anything else in the book, and kind of hashes it between another story within a story in such a way that it's hard to tell which is which.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

I love the drinks in that.

Last Year's Thor Annual

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

a kitten posted:

To be honest, that doesn't look like much fun, winter or no.

It's written by Steve Purcell so that actually sounds awesome.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Squirrel Girl #1. The Second one.

I also like this throwback joke, not so much for the joke, as for the the original joke it throws back to:

Same.

The first joke:

Squirrel Girl #1. #1.

And then there's this great note from the epic final battle in Weirdworld. Don't mess with the butterflies.

Weirdworld #5. The first one.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
In honor of Darwyn Cooke:

Justice League New Frontier Special

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

Is my eyesight going bad or are you guys just posting incredibly small images for some reason.

I may have posted some kind of small.

I also forgot that the new Squirrel Girl #1 takes a great potshot at the Marvel/Fox legal battle over movie stuff.

Squirrel Girl #1

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Dimension Nazi doesn't sound like too great a place.

Spider-Gwen #2

And for some reason Drax being all like "whatever...fine" when he decides to kill Thanos slays me.

Drax #1

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

goatface posted:

Something of the Willem Defoe about that Mycroft Holmes.

I was assuming the chubby mastermind in the background was Mycroft, since that's essentially the character in the book.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Reed took his family and the foundation are now off-book recreating and mapping the multi-verse. Thing is now with the Guardians and Johnny is with the Inhumans.

The lengths Marvel will go to avoid giving Fox free advertising...

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

I remember having the shark and the elk and a vehicle. I probably had others but I don't remember them. My friend had like 20 more than I did.

Thanks to you I'll have "WATEERRR! WATTEERRR BEATS FIIIRE!" stuck in my head for the rest of my life.

What If #34 is all terrible, terrible jokes, but for some reason that one appealed to me.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Phy posted:

That explains Wolverine's weirdly action-figurish pose inside the "Turbo Cycle". And the fact that there's a Turbo Cycle. And the time machine wheel thing that looks like it would be motorized and really roll. Everything just looked sort of 80's-playsets-and-toys, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of those pages were traced straight from the packaging.

Pretty much. I remember those action figures with their lenticular shields.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Endless Mike posted:

Whoever catches Doom's cybergarter is going to be in for a great big surprise, I imagine.

"Doom commands you to pull the garter higher. Use those teeth."

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

that is... real commitment to a joke, someone sat down and thought about it, and then they designed it. they probably had multiple drafts. Men and women stood together looking at the design for the machine that Benjamin Grimm can comfortably sit down on while making GBS threads which then grinds his rocky shits to conveniently disposable powder. They offered commentary, they came to a consensus, and then a man was paid to paint that in to the background of the scene. i love this world

That's the most effort anyone put into anything about that cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
I still need to grab and read the Spongebob annual if I can find it:

SpongeBob Comics Annual-Size Super-Giant Swimtacular #2