Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Endless Mike posted:

Having not really read much Dredd, I've always gotten the feeling that it's not particularly continuity-heavy, and as long as you understand the basic conceits, you'll probably understand and enjoy it

Mega City Two has been wiped out so many times, but it still manages to be overpopulated.

Yeah, you can hop in almost anywhere. A lot of stuff gets retconned or ignored.

Is the Cursed Earth in that collection the censored one? Because really you need the full burger wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Sure, Jack. Ok. We'll do that.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Choco1980 posted:

Maybe I'm the weirdo, but I find every part of that MM page adorable. Including Barda having to keep her knees up to fit in the front seat of that economy class car.

It reminds me of all the Asguardian ladies crashing Jane Foster's walk-in clinic and being observably huge.

Sadly I don't have the panel with them all in the waiting room and the terrified normal person cowering the corner handy.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

From the "Darth Vader and Son" TPB

I love reading those with my son. Not sure he gets half the jokes but he's having fun so who cares.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

They're still being produced and sold by the original creator.

He died over a year ago.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

A Strange Aeon posted:

I wonder if there's been any scholarship that collects those Chinese Communist ones--seems like it would be interesting.

I'd be amazed if there wasn't. I knew a political science guy who had a shelf full of Chinese propaganda books and cartoons translated into English on his shelf. However a lot of it was short-run stuff from academic presses so I don't know it's necessarily easy to find.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

prefect posted:

Bug was in some of the Abnett/Lanning cosmic stuff, wasn't he? Guardians?

Yeah, he was one of the main crew in Annihilation.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

MikeJF posted:

They've got about 40 per block

Don't the megacities only exist because of massive overpopulation and the fact nobody will live in the central US? After the Apocalypse War, 2 T (fru) T, and wasn't Mega City 2 wiped out completely by demons and zombies at some point, how do they have enough people left to rebuild an entire Mega City?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

uh, so you are asking how the massively overpopulated megacity has lots of people?

No, I'm asking how it's still overpopulated based on how many people seem to die in the comics.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

SilverSupernova posted:

Now I really want to see the adventures of Thanos traveling around with an 8 year old helping him.

Anyone who thinks an 8 year old wouldn't turn on even Spider Man for the promise of toys and video games for life is a fool. Thanos would know this.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Push El Burrito posted:

Batman sells his marriage to Darkseid in order to save Alfred.

Only if we get Batman Renew Your Vows

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Proteus Jones posted:

I just recently discovered Super Sons. Which is basically Damien and Jon palling around and having adventures. There’s a ton of little golden moments, but my fave is the 1st couple of issues where they clown Luthor a few times.

It’s just a fun series. Not quite at the levels of the main Superman and Batman titles, but good.

Also, the Annual is loving awesome. It’s Krypto team-up with Bat-Dog.

That's Ace the Bat-Hound to you.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Superman 298

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Phylodox posted:

She didn't have her clothes stripped off, her clothes tore because she was exerting herself by rampaging in tight clothing. If I'm wearing tight pants and doing squats and my pants rip, is it slutshaming if someone tells me maybe I shouldn't have been squatting in such tight pants?

Who the hell has clothes that work that way? If anything, women's (especially super ones) tight clothes are made out of material that's less likely to rip.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Extreme.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Choco1980 posted:

I have a book entitled "The Physics of Superheroes" and it spends a good deal of space on Ray Palmer. Partially because he's a physics professor so the author plays favorites, but partially because of how much of what he does is scientifically sound if you excuse his ability to change his own size and mass. The telephone travel absolutely works for instance.

And then there was the time Venom and Carnage had a fight over the internet lines by putting super tiny tendrils through the phone lines. And I think it showed up on a Times Square TV.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Moreso than usual I really want the story behind that cover.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Infinitum posted:

How can there be a world of spacemen if they live in space?

:thunk:

That's why they are doomed.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Action Jacktion posted:

The uncredited creators are Otto Binder and Carmine Infantino.

No wonder it's glorious.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Not a funny book, but Afterlife with Archie has some good moments.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Huh. Never realised how weird Gambit's arm is in that shot.

It looks like he's just staring at the pot as Thing from the Addams Family pops up to give him a taste.

EDIT: that is one Lurch-like Gambit, too.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Jordan7hm posted:

I love this art. What’s it from?

Deadpool 2012-2015 #26.
#7 and #13 have more amazing flashback gags, and there's one more after that's Black Panther/lotsa Kirby gags.

Edit: drat you, Proteus Jones!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
I am glad to know that Sluggo is Lit is a deliberate thumb in the eye of the haters.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

X-O posted:

I thought that was clear like the very day it came out.

It was, but I like the official confirmation.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Alaois posted:

you could easily explain why flying cars aren't prevalent in the Marvel universe by saying that flying cars are a loving awful idea that was swiftly abandoned the first time someone actually tried it

Imagine if every car collision was a fatal drop to the ground below!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Oh man, that is creepy as hell.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

really appreciating mindworm's outfit

Defeated when he attempted to leech Spider-Man's brainpower and ended up unable to do even simple tasks. Oh wait, he's not from Newspaper Spider Man.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Is that going to be another Tom Scioli joint?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Does it heal his pouches if they get torn?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

quite stretched out posted:

hes going to accidentally shoot mj and pull her off the ledge

NEXT: SNAP!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Uthor posted:

I've always liked this gif of Superman dodging the gun.

Guns are Superman's only weakness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

I liked comics before they had all this politics!