Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Libra posted:

Superman should also be tubby and out of shape. He gets his incredible strength from the sun and can lift buildings with ease, which makes it difficult to get a proper workout, let alone a bodybuilding routine. He just uses hypnosis to make everyone believe that he's totally chiseled and ripped.

If DC wants to stay relevant, they will give us Fat Naked Schlub Superman, the boldest and most exciting new take on the character since his original conception.

Superman is at least shown to have hyperdense lifting weights in the fortress of solitude and other such things every once in a while so it's not like he's just coasting on his strength. He should probably still look more like a circus strongman than a bodybuilder, like he did in the golden age, but that critique applies to superheroes in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Pixelated Boat is actually a very funny person. You may know them from the Milkshake Duck tweet.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that's what the mini is about. thor dickishly broke stormbreaker, leaving bill in horsedude form.

Thor is Bill's best friend, why would he do such a thing. :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Thor's a huge dick in Donny Cates' book.

>:[ Does that man's evil know no bounds.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's been done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzqUnL89WkM

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Alhazred posted:

It's also really boring. I really struggled with getting through it.

What's it like to have no taste.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Stone Cold sucks.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

No, no, no. The 80s GI Joe action figures were born from an inspired corporate idea to get around the FCC regulations in place regarding toy advertising. Toy commercials on TV were not allowed to have more than 10% of the commercial be animation or special effects. The idea was that you had to show actual kids playing with the actual toys.

So that's why all toy commercials were annoying dog poo poo with little twerps moving the toy around and talking in an annoying voice and making me not want to buy it!

Nothing makes a Terminator toy seem less cool than having a skinny 8 year old holding it up and making it talk.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Weren't the old straps full of misogyny and homophobia?

It was on the internet in the late 90s/early 2000s so by default yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

That NES Capcom was also great. I’m part of the problem, i guess.

There was a second one that no one played that's nearly as good.

It's part of the Disney Afternoon Collection if you feel like playing it legally and with a handy rewind button.