Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I could never read Superior Spidey's lines in anything but a bombastic teutonic accent and kept wondering how no one could tell it wasn't really Peter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
"Okay, Drax, you swing your axe and do 2d6 of damage."

"I do not have an axe."

"No...no, your character swings his axe."

"Does he have an axe?"

"Yes. Yes, of course he does."

"Well, how am I meant to know this?!? Where is he, anyways? I do not see him!"

"That's him there."

"That is a small plastic figurine."

"That's your character."

"I do not like this game."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Do the dinosaurs still have cancer, though?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Gaz-L posted:

...Tell me you're joking. Tell me you made that up. I don't care if it's ACTUALLY true, I just need you to tell me it's not.

The fact that you even have to ask is the most damning indictment of comic books.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bunnyofdoom posted:

Man, I really love how Archie finally got out of the 50;s.

And straight into 1968 with Afterlife With Archie.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bunnyofdoom posted:

we see it as a how to manuel

I misread the last word in your post and parsed it as "Canada's version of Emanuelle."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

How do you know it isn't?

As someone who grew up watching Bleu Nuit in Quebec during the 80s and 90s I can tell you quite confidently that Emanuelle is Canada's version of Emanuelle.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
You probably never heard of Hulk.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

qntm posted:

How would ballast make you move faster?

Well, if she were a submarine...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Goddamn you, Kevin Smith, we all had such high hopes for you in the late 90s.

The man is a walking, talking anti-weed PSA.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I used to really dig him. I thought Dogma was awesome. Then Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back happened and I realized that his career was basically a cult of personality where being lazy and constantly stoned were virtues. He really doesn't seem to have any interest in growing or evolving as a person, as a writer, or a filmmaker.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Ironically I thought (and still think) that Chasing Amy was his most honest, heartfelt-seeming movie, probably the closest he's ever come to progressing as an artist.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
You know how when you're stoned and you have these great, revolutionary, world-changing ideas only to realize they were complete poo poo when you sober up? Well, at this point Kevin Smith's entire career is predicated on him never sobering up.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bobkatt013 posted:

Well here is what happens when he sobers up!

I think we have to shift our definition of "sober" quite a bit when reading that quote. In this case, it basically means "still totally loving stoned but not so cataclysmically stoned that you write a scene where Batman pisses himself and honestly think it's a good idea".

That and the guy's famously lazy. I imagine him waking up from a weed-fueled bender, reading the "Batman pisses himself" scene and thinking, "Jesus, what the gently caress was I thinking?!? I can't submit that! But...ah, poo poo, that'd mean I'd have to re-write a bunch of stuff. gently caress it, it's good enough."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It's almost like a Pavlovian reaction at this point.

Or is that Skinnerian?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I've never had In-n-Out, but the Five Guys near me is gross. The burgers are so greasy that the bun is basically paste by the time I get to the table.

So, yeah, Hawkguy knows what it's about.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

achillesforever6 posted:

Their fries are good though, I only get a small plain burger anyway so the bun isn't that greasy.

Yeah, I will give them that, their fries were pretty great.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I like the Posehn Deadpool run. It doesn't shy away from the occasional pathos to ground the character a bit.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Buried proved that Reynolds has hella serious acting chops, too. I think he (or his agent) just has a tendency to play it safe and stick to the wise-cracking rear end in a top hat roles.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The sequel was hot garbage, though.

Hot, smelly garbage.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
At this point there are probably lengthy backstories to the background characters in the stories about background characters. Like, the ugnaught that Ice Cream Maker Guy brushed past while making his escape is featured in his own short story, where it's revealed that he's the last ugnaught Jedi. Then the vendor who sells him coffee in his story has his own short story about how he's Chewbacca's dad or something.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Everything is canon...if you believe.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

smashpro1 posted:

Totally want Stilt Man to show up in Daredevil season 2.

Hell, he all but showed up in season 1.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
For sure. I would have expected a "thou art".

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
But does he have eyelids on all those eyes or are they, like, always open? Because if he can't close them...Jesus.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
THE GOLDEN CENTURION (Stan)

Just slays me.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Skwirl posted:

He probably has clear eyelids like alligators or something. Where can I pick up my no prize?

I just started reading Spider-Man & the X-Men and Eye-Boy definitely has lids on all his eyes. There were a couple of panels where the eyes were closed, and Mojo had him strapped in a Clockwork Orange dealie with hooks holding all of his eyelids open.

I find myself oddly relieved.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Nah, Squirrel Girl is awesome. gently caress consistency. Galactus being a giant squirrel is great.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
But what if Galactus took a selfie?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Uthor posted:

I bet Galacta has taken a selfie at some point.

(Adam Warren of Empowered gave Galactus a teenage daughter. Yup.)

That seems like one of those things that could be either awesome stupid or just plain stupid so I looked up some pictures and it looks like it's definitely the latter.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Chinston Wurchill posted:

You asked for it. Sort of.

No, that's Doreen Green taking a selfie with Galactus.

What do Galactus' selfies look like...to Galactus?!? :tinfoil:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Arctic Baldwin posted:

The most powerful being the in the Marvel universe

Jack Kirby

With antlers.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
A true leader knows when to delegate!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The newsprint look is part of the charm. Blow it up to poster size and you've got yourself a genuine faux Lichtenstein.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

That was a sick Byrne on Lichtenstein, though.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I prefer to think she was a mediocre psychologist until she hooked up with Joker. Being around that much crazy for that long is sure to give you all kinds of insights into the human mind.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

redstormpopcorn posted:

No darker than PMS 4695. :colbert:

If your toast isn't PMS 485 you're living wrong!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

mind the walrus posted:

Yes Liv Tyler is the clear "loser's prize."

That depends, does the winner get Jennifer Connelly?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Great, now Norman Osborne sounds like H. Jon Benjamin in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Waterhaul posted:

Shhhhh. There's never been another Nick Fury. It's always been Sam Jackson David Hasselhoff.