Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Majuju posted:

All-New Ultimates #12 is the final issue in a series that could've been good but wasn't. But at the very least, it gave us this quaint discussion on the nature of skulls:

Is that Ultimate Glob?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

smashpro1 posted:

Uncanny X-Men #542

Fear Itself was terrible but the X-men tie ins were great.

Samnee's having fun with this Howard the Duck thing:

Variant for HtD #2

This is Quinones cover for the same issue.

Also preview from the GotG/X-Men crossover, there's nothing spoilery in it but since it hasn't come out yet: Linked. No words, but it's better without words.

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 20, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm president of the He Man Greg Land Haters Club and I would without reservation recommend the Fear Itself Xmen tie ins.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How'd Damien get superpowers?

And we did. We did all deal with it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I haven't read any of the Guardians stuff post the movie release, did they change them much to more closely represent their movie counterparts?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Billy Tan.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

The internet has made me an untrusting, suspicious man.

Sounds like you have rattled gonads.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gaylactus, by Phil Jiminez. No idea of the context. I'm assuming Wizard Magazine.

Did Tom of Finland ever do comic books?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

goldenoreos posted:

Funniest panel for me this week comes from Spider-Man & The X-Men #2

Weird that's the exact same reason that Reed Richard gives.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I'm sure it's possible for someone to write Kitty as a likeable character. It's just, you know, never happened.

Kitty owns in AXM.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Diet Poison posted:

Welly lucky for you, it's one of the ten images I have uploaded on imgur!

Is this the most homaged panel in comics history?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

redbackground posted:

I can, offhand, think of a lot more parodies of that Jerk panel than the other two. If zoux is referring to just a single interior panel, I agree, it's right up there.

Yeah I can think of some cover homages to the death of Phoneix and I remember Kitty doing "it's my turn now" in AXM(?) but I can think of three or four "...is a jerk" homages. I mean I could be wrong, I'm not nearly as steeped in comics history and lore as most of yall.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GotG #24

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Die Laughing posted:

Gotta source that poo poo so I don't have to ask where it's from.

Oh sorry, it's from RR #8.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dacap posted:

Secret Avengers 13

Thank you Based MODOK.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Howard the Duck 1

Uh whats the joke here?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ant-man #3

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

I really really like villains for whom it's just business, not AAGGH YOU'VE RUINED MY LIFE, ADJECTIVE-MAN! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU, EVER!

Who's like that besides Taskmaster?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Darkhawk is one of the those characters that could be really good because there's a neat mythology to play with but nobody ever does anything with him and it's sad.

Hopeless did :twisted:

zoux fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 13, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Huh, I always wondered if he could do that to himself (Wolverines #11)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Loki #12

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Given the MRA reaction to the new Thor, it's pretty loving apropos.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You guys get really upset about memes in your comic books.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Post memes in comicbooks.

zoux fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 19, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zounds! Not even disgusting trash water and day old shrimp leavings can keep Hawkeye from enjoying the delicious treat of a HOSTESS FRUIT PIES.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Darkseid is the kind of dude that the mere existence of makes it hard for me to believe the DC universe can exist in a recognizable shape compared to our own. There's a guy out there who's basically the Space Devil, is theoretically powerful enough to mop the floor with every hero on earth, and he's pretty publicly known. You'd think that'd impact society a little.

I mean you can make the same argument for a character like Galactus, but his stories actually do have people flipping their poo poo and re-evaluating their worldview when confronted with his existence.

I know there are plenty of books about how regular people deal with living in superhero universes like Marvels and Frontline, but has anyone ever done a book where the entire populace is living in a constant nightmare state? If the poo poo that happens in the Marvel/DC universe happened here people would lose their minds 24/7 and live in a constant state of terror.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Midniter posted:

We ARE living in a constant nightmare state of purposely induced fear, thanks to 9/11 and the power it afforded the government and MIC. If the poo poo that happened in the Marvel or DC universes happened in real life, we'd be just completely blase about it. "Oh, the Statue of Liberty was melted into slag...again? Yawn."

Bro if Dormammu was stalking the earth eating souls and Galactus was an annual problem death by bleeding ulcer would be the number one cause of mortality.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Majuju posted:

Marquez and Bendis are canon in 1610

Bendis posted on his twitter that people don't call him Kingpin because he's fat and bald, but because he tries so hard to kill Spiderman and Daredevil.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Do you have a link to that tweet?

I mean to say tumblr and I even deleted twitter and apparently typed twitter again. I'll see if I can find it.
http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/114076098797/care-to-respond-to-reports-that-you-are-in-fact

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 8, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hulk Smash! posted:

All Stilt-Man, all the time

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I heard someones putting memes in comics :toughguy:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cangelosi posted:

Screw all y'all. THIS is the true form of Galactus.

Hope Scottie Young doesn't sue.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So does Superman age or not? I've seen future Superman without gray hair I'm pretty sure.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

Well, maybe just one.

Yeah they did the same thing to Cap too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He can.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well you see it is humorous banter.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

qntm posted:

What's the joke?

Betty Ross.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

LordHippoman posted:

Best without context, I think, and since this is literally the first comic series I've ever read (Thanks, Marvel Unlimited promo codes), I didn't understand at all. Probably why I thought it was funny.

Avengers (2010) Issue #20

Why'd you pick this as your first ever series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Jean just died again like a year ago.

What?

Zdarsky variant for Ultimate End #2

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 18, 2015