Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I like consoles but would also like the Wii U to go down another like $50 so I can play some Smash and that cool looking Kirby colors game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

i hope people stop caring about giant bomb in the coming year.

Ryan was the soul of Giant Bomb and when he died it slowly started dying too.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I'm going to get a wii u maybe...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Looper posted:

They've always owned donkey kong

Yeah they had others though like Bear Donkey Kong with the bird, Donkey Kong Racing, Perfect Donkey Kong and that game about Lupus.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Honestly though if Nintendo gets Retro to do another Metroid game on it, I'd be happy to call it the best console ever.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Wii U is a great smash machine and the new Zelda will prob be goty 2015. I do like my PS4 as a Binding of Isaac/streaming machine though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What's with this forum and playing PC games on PS4.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
but, you see, with my ps4 I can switch from playing games to watching a show without moving my arms at all. I fear they would snap or crumble under the strain.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

wii u is certainly worth owning right now. aren't there supposed to be no games coming out for the first three months of 2015, though? it's forgivable because the games it did get were awesome, but three months is kind of a long time

seiferguy posted:

Honestly though if Nintendo gets Retro to do another Metroid game on it, I'd be happy to call it the best console ever.
i'd sooner think they'd revive Star Fox than do a new Metroid game. i don't think we're gonna see a new Metroid for at least a couple of years- sakamoto really poisoned the well

when they do make one, i'll bet it's gonna be a franchise reboot

zen death robot posted:

I own a PC, a WiiU and a PS4 so I can game without caring about console supremacy, just the games
best path to gaming nirvana this gen imo, if you can afford it

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
People laugh about it, but Driveclub gets a ton of playing time on my ps4. Since they fixed the online features it's pretty fun, and I got it for $30 since no one wants it. Gorgeous game too.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

PC + Wii U is probably the best gaming combo. I don't care about the Xbox and PS4 exclusives.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Starhawk64 posted:

PC + Wii U is probably the best gaming combo. I don't care about the Xbox and PS4 exclusives.
the only exclusive on xbone or ps4 that i didn't immediately dismiss at first glance was Sunset Overdrive

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Y-Hat posted:

the only exclusive on xbone or ps4 that i didn't immediately dismiss at first glance was Sunset Overdrive

you should have

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

wii u is certainly worth owning right now. aren't there supposed to be no games coming out for the first three months of 2015, though? it's forgivable because the games it did get were awesome, but three months is kind of a long time

Yea but most people didn't buy a Wii U until 2014 so they have a respectable backlog to work through. I need to finish 100%ing 3D World, am still into Smash, haven't tried the Mario Kart DLC yet, barely touched Hyrule Warriors and Monster Hunter, haven't even opened Donkey Kong, Pikmin, ZombiU, and Windwaker HD. Then I need to get Captain Toad

Lil Miss Clackamas
Jan 25, 2013

ich habe aids
I used to hate the Wii U because it was stupid, and dumb, but now since my friend whom likes the WIi U and S'd my D, I understand

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the wii u is the first gaming console that can give you a blowjob

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

an actual dog posted:

the wii u is the first gaming console that can give you a blowjob
Not true, your mom has multiple controller ports and is backwards compatible.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

how dare you say that about mother

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

That is a Morally Inept thing to say.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Y-Hat posted:

I had a chance to play this on my friend's Xbox One. The movement and shooting was really fluid and good. I just did free roaming so I can't speak about the story or whatever but I don't really care about that if the gameplay is good.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Y-Hat posted:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Y-Hat posted:

wii u is certainly worth owning right now. aren't there supposed to be no games coming out for the first three months of 2015, though?

This is coming out this month in Japan, next month in North America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiIyPkFL9gc

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Silver Striker posted:

I had a chance to play this on my friend's Xbox One. The movement and shooting was really fluid and good. I just did free roaming so I can't speak about the story or whatever but I don't really care about that if the gameplay is good.
the story probably sucks because it's a game made in 2014

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Axel Serenity posted:

it's a good system, but most of the good bundles this year were still $350 which is still a bit steep compared to loading up on pc games imo

The same applies to consoles in general

Shame on those who didn't get Wii U Deluxe + Mario Kart 8 for $250 total Black Friday weekend.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

Axel Serenity posted:

I like consoles but would also like the Wii U to go down another like $50 so I can play some Smash and that cool looking Kirby colors game.

best buy had a 50 dollar off sale on 32gb wiiu a couple days ago, but its sold out now. sorry friend

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

target also had a 250$ 32gb wiiu + super mario world bundle a bit ago, the opportunities are there for the taking for the vigilant gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

sincx posted:

Shame on those who didn't get Wii U Deluxe + Mario Kart 8 for $250 total Black Friday weekend.

Aw drat. :(

Was mostly looking at that Best Buy bundle that had SSB included in it and like two other games. Good to know prices are dropping tho. Soon, friends

• Locked thread