Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Honestly of the 4 schools int he final, Ohio was the least obnoxious.

Alabama wasn't even the best SEC team this year and pulled the SEC West trick of powder puffing your schedule to inflate ranking

Oregon played an even easier schedule while managing to get blown the gently caress out at home by Arizona

FSU wasn't terrible but it became very clear that they were just waiting to implode with all the squeaked by wins they got out of their own division,

TCU should be upset because they played a much tougher schedule than the 1 and 2 seeds and got screwed out of contention, but that said Texas schools (which never sounds right in the same sentence) can blow me, so their whining is music to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
OSU fans are nowhere near as awful as Alabama, LSU, Notre Dame, University of Arizona or Penn State fans.

I'm also not a huge fan of Florida fans, but thats probably because I'm a UGA fan (We lost all 3 of our rivalry games and murdered everyone else, PS Gurley is over-rated as gently caress)

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Rex Ryan as the Bills HC makes way too much sense.

He's pretty much like every Bills fan I have ever known, incredibly amiable, has the worst possible luck while maintaining an outlooks of unreal optimism and all while being over weight and possibly suffering from a mild form of mental illness

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

USMC503 posted:

So football experts, who is going to pick up Mariota now he's declared he's entering the 2015 draft?

Cincy or the Jets would be my guess

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

A really bad guess.

The Jags, Jets, Lions, Buccs, Redskins, Texans, Rams and Saints(brees is old balls) all draft ahead of them.

Jags, Lions, and Buccs aren't that desperate for a QB considering their needs elsewhere. Redskins and Saints are definitely something I over looked. Texans would be better off trying to grab some O-linemen because Fitz was actually doing fine when he wasn't being mauled by every defensive end in the league. Rams need to just stop even trying to make a QB a thing they do and just run every play from the goddammed wildcat because taking a snap for St Louis and being on anything other than special teams seems to be a recipe for a torn ACL and broken collarbone.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

force of habit. I don't think I meant to include them.

Okay but Cincinatti doesn't need one at all.

I really think Dalton doesn't have long to prove himself as a reliable starter and his OC is looking to greener pastures. I could see them grabbing a 2nd round pick at QB to hedge their bets a little.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

justice4trayvawn posted:

i think.....i might actually go for the pats :(

gently caress u seahawks fans for making me do this

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Seahwaks fans are so loving terrible that I'm actually hoping New England wins in an embarrassing fashion. gently caress this season in particular

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

holocaust bloopers posted:

Gronk loves two things: catching passes for 6 and stretching out girls.

He also likes run blocking for the fullback and being friends and reading erotica written about him

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
As someone who hates both fanbases and is "eh" about both teams aside from a few players, that game was still surprisingly watchable

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

patriots didn't win the game

seattle lost it

hope this helps

Not really, the play before it was Hightower one arming Lynch down and stopping the score. The interception was made by a guy that was almost 30lbs lighter than the receiver he muscled down to get the ball. Hell, Edelmen is only 5'10" and he straight up embarrassed the tall corner Seattle (stupidly) tried to play on top of him. The Patriots WON that game because they played a whole lot harder in the 4th than Seattle did. To say anything else is just sour grapes because you don;t want to see Matt Damon and Ben Affleck passionately embrace over their framed velvet painting of Tom Brady's taint.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i feel like if

Not to be a dick, and I sincerely mean that because you're a cool dude but man, those four words in that order are the epitome of loser-talk.

Think of a single time in your life you've seen or heard them together where it actually wasn't someone in denial or trying to cover their own rear end or even just whining because they hosed up. Like each word itself shows frustration and a lack of ability to process the situation. "I feel" is pretty much saying "I have nothing to go on but here's the turd I'm about to drop on the kitchen floor" and then the "if" at the end, meaning "Here's something that would matter if reality weren't a thing".

I'm not going to say that the Seahawks aren't a good team. Or that Marshawn Lynch isn't the single most dominant runner in the game, maybe the strongest to ever play the position. But the reality is the situation that lead to all of those 52 points being scored was the outstanding effort of the men who played the game and the calls made by the coaches. In the end, it was that effort and ONLY that effort that mattered, and you can't say a lack of effort by one side is to blame when both sides were doing amazing things all day long. It marginalizes everyone involved when you say a good team loses only because of itself. Football is a contest of everything that makes man great, his strength, his intelligence, his ability to work with his fellow man and his ability to adjust when poo poo doesn't go to plan. In the end it was that last part, that ability to flow with change and execute on instinct that won the game. And that is in and of itself the reason football is the greatest loving sport to ever be played.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

you are talking to a Bills fan

those 4 words basically got me through the 90s.

Oh, dude. I am soooooo sorry. I'm a falcons fan, the only time they made it to the Super Bowl I got to watch them get raped by my brother's favorite team, the Broncos, luckily he felt bad for me in the second half and we went and played Sega in the other room while our family finished watching the game. The four seasons in a row of increasingly upsetting loses you guys endured is awful. I honestly hope your guys' new ownership turns it around.

How much cum did Tom Brady deposit into your butt?

None, I'm just super gay for football. I help coach a pee-wee team and I'm always telling the kids to never say they lost a game, but instead that the other team won it.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Good news

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/laces-...scom%3Anflonfox

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/20/if-chargers-and-raiders-share-stadium-one-would-likely-move-to-nfc/

I hope this is true. Imagine the Raiders being in the NFC West garnering all the hate Northern Cal has to give and the Rams or Cards in the AFC, where they'd probably do alright

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if anything itd be the chargers going to the nfc

Either way you're losing one of the two whiniest fanbases in the division

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I like Gronk, because everytime I see an unusually tall and broad blonde kid in Tucson, I'm pretty sure I know who their dad was

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Prediction: Elway has him invited by someone else. Shows up after Tebow throws just to make every throw he missed nursing a 3 day earned hangover and smoking a fat blunt. Then he offers everyone some free Papa Johns gift certs, then flips off Tebow, with the Super Bowl rings on his middle fingers

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
SF's GM has said any talks of trading Kaep are flat out lies and they're holding on to him

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Both are solid points. What the gently caress is wrong with their management anyhow? and their owners. How do you look at the team and say "The GM is being held back by our amazing coach"?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

He's on the Texans now. That has got to be a pants shittingly terrifying defense to see on your schedule

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I remember my brother getting legit mad at the TV when ESPN announced Denver was benching Orton in favor of Tebow.

He shouted "I hope McDaniels gets full blown Africa AIDs!" to the sky and shook his fists with rage.

Seriously that was one of the best days of my adult life

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
A Browns fan telling a Buccs fan to keep towing the line.

If I ever lose all faith in this world and write a suicide note, atleast I now know what the theme would be

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Also worth mentioning in the last few years Tyson is legitimately humble and repentant for the evil he did. Fact is, he was hugely successful, naturally gifted and the absolute best anyone had ever seen, who took the wrong advice, made terrible decisions and became a massive gently caress up, but then after beating the poo poo out of himself mentally and emotionally, he manned upand forced himself to become a better man and right his wrongs.

Essentially he's a walking metaphor for Bush

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Tyson in his prime was legitimately scary. I'm not a huge boxing fan but he was aggressive, fast and he hit hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FgS3kCv79I

Her threw punches with the most sinister of intentions. Dude used to be an absolute beast

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Godholio posted:

Goddamn, I can't believe how long Holmes stayed on his feet at the end of that fight.

Holmes is probably one of the best fighters the average person has never heard of. In his prime he probably would have taken Tyson to 12 rounds and maybe even squeaked out a win with a split decision. Guy was a warrior in the rings and had some of the best blocking you'd ever see from a big man. At that age though he had no business in the ring with Tyson, who probably could have murdered Ali in his prime. When a man who only stands 5'10" can go to the Heavyweight division and score a string of 12+ consecutive knockouts, you know that no one over 30 should be allowed to stand in front of him, it's practically a death sentence. Look at that fight when Tyson really starts charging Holmes, Tyson has no fear, he knows he can take every punch the otgher guy can throw and not worry about the score card because he's just a quick 3 punch combo from giving anyone a 10 count.

No one is doubting Holmes' toughness, he had proven it a hundred times over, but everyone knows an Abrams tank is tough, but if you drop a nuke directly on it, it doesn't matter how tough it was, it's going to have the same results as doing so to an 88 Tercel

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Jeff Tuel can't melt Super Bowl Rings

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Whip Slagcheek posted:

They said they're not interested because its Rex's first season. So far the only team that's said anything publicly about it is the Houston Texans.

They'd be a cool team to watch.

I'd pay top dollar to watch JJ Watt decapitate the practice team QB

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

America is fighting the war against soccer now

gently caress

yes

Someone elected Hank Hill to the DoJ and I couldn't be prouder :patriot:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4782103/rob-gronkowski-ducks-deflate-question-on-family-feud

I dislike the Patriots, but I love Gronk

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Fantasy Football: Andy Luck or Aaron Rogers with the 1st pick in the 2nd round?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Who's got the better receiving corp or offensive line? My gut says go with Luck.

Dude, everything about Luck and Rodgers makes me love them. From Luck complementing the guys who sack him and it completely psyching them out http://www.wsj.com/articles/andrew-luck-the-nfls-most-perplexing-trash-talker-1418663249

to Rodger's being a complete dork for quoting movies http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/5/7495463/aaron-rodgers-packers-humor-princess-bride-inconceivable , http://www.wsj.com/articles/aaron-rodgerss-hardest-catch-his-jokes-1420482041 and showing up at Jordy Nelson's parents' home just have homemade pie while Nelson and the rest of the team do manual labor. Honestly they're probably pretty loving cool guys to know

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Victor Vermis posted:

McCarthy giving up play-calling is the only red flag for the Packers offense. Everything else appears to be as good as, or better than, last season.

Luck is a monster though.

I'd pussy out and take Gronk to kick off the TE run. Grab 2 decent QBs later on who will potentially go 4000 and 30. Watch Gronk do Gronk things every Sunday. Win win win.

Eh, blowing a #2 pick on a TE is kinda dumb, while Gronk is great, they don;t give out points for banging TV personalities and random club skanks so I'm probably gonna go Luck, if his frontline looks good in pre-season

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I feel ya, last year I managed to make a killer trade because of how awful TEs can be, I dumped off Delanie Walker while keeping Olsen from the Panthers on my team and getting Eddie Lacy right before he got hot towards the 2nd half of the season.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Isn't Smoltz the guy who tried to start a videogame company and pretty much forced a ton of his developers in to bankruptcy by never paying them?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

get hosed brady

4 game suspension upheld

yessssss

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Judge's addendum "Plus, we've never won a single Super Bowl, so gently caress you assholes trying to get Brady acquitted after some bullshit"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jim Garappolo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Chip Kelly sure gets borderline accused of being a racist a lot by his former players

• Locked thread