Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meander
Apr 1, 2010

I'm in - down for 60 books this year (cutting back slightly from my usual 70), and will do the Booklord's Challenge.

Today was a day off so I sat down and read Nocturnes by Kazuo Ishiguro. It's a collection of five short stories themed around music and musicians, and was rather pleasant to read (and one of the stories was rather funny). If you want to try a collection of short stories, it's worth a read. He's also a non-white author, but I've been reading a lot of Ishiguro recently so might try something a bit different for that goal.

The next two books I have ready to read are The Shallows by Nicholas Carr, which appears to be about how the internet is rewiring people's brains, and The Right Stuff by Tom Wolfe, which is about astronauts!

My goodreads page is here https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8416512

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Damo posted:

Discworld

You're in for a treat... I think some of my happiest hours of reading have been reading Discworld books for the first time.

Regarding the indecisiveness, I found that my goodreads account has helped immensely in keeping track of books I've come across and would like to read. Seeing what other goons have reviewed is a good way of getting ideas. It also has a recommendations tool, but personally it's never had any great suggestions for me.

• Locked thread