Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
true.spoon
Jun 7, 2012
I have been a silent participator for the last two years (succesfully!) so I think it's at the time to officially take part. I'll challenge myself to a leisurely 52 books which will hopefully give me the time to read some longer works. Also, I will tackle Stravinskys challenge but I'll take it as suggestions and will not stress myself over it:
Poetry will be a difficult one. Generally I find it pretty difficult to read poetry even moreso in English (while there is little native German poetry that interests me). Perhaps something by Sherman Alexie? I recently read his short stories and they were great. I can't remember when I read the last play but I have been meaning to read Spirits of Another Sort: The Plays of Izumi Kyoka for a while. Alternatively I tried to find the TV adaption of Accidental Death of an Anarchist for a long time and might just read the play itself. Although The Blind Owl is great, I have recently read it and will therefore skip it.
I take by banned or censored you mean banned or censored in its home country? I will not read some holocaust deniers musings... Also, I only found a childrens book by Stephan J. Myers named The Colour Red, you mean something else right?

Right now I'm reading Open Veins of Latin America by Eduardo Galeano and will probably finish it today. Makes you pretty angry.

true.spoon fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread