Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trek Junkie
Jun 29, 2012

Commander Riker, or Jesus? ... Semantics.
My goal is only 50 this year. I tracked my reading for the first time last year and set the apparently impossible goal of 65 books. I will also attempt to take on the OP's 22 book challenge. For the record, I count comics and graphics novels toward my goal. If I didn't, my goal number would be much lower.

Add me on Goodreads here.

And... go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trek Junkie
Jun 29, 2012

Trek Junkie posted:

My goal is only 50 this year. I tracked my reading for the first time last year and set the apparently impossible goal of 65 books. I will also attempt to take on the OP's 22 book challenge. For the record, I count comics and graphics novels toward my goal. If I didn't, my goal number would be much lower.

Add me on Goodreads here.

My January update:

1. The Walking Dead, Vol. 5: The Best Defense by Robert Kirkman - I found this installment of TWD to be incredibly brutal, depicted as retaliation against severe levels of torture. It's nice to see that the series is delving deeper into the what monsters humans can become given the extreme circumstances.
2. The Walking Dead, Vol. 6: This Sorrowful Life by Robert Kirkman - This wraps up the segment on the series taking a turn for the brutal, ending in a crescendo of blood and gore that the show does not do justice.
    13. Something dealing with the unreal
3. Egghead by Bo Burnham - Clever, hilarious, inappropriate, and heartfelt; Bo Burnham is a remarkable comedian and poet. Only one of these things surprised me when reading Egghead (and I'm fairly sure I already knew he was funny).
    7. A collection of poetry

Booklord's Challenge posted:

1. The vanilla read a set number of books in a year. 9/100
2. Read a female author
3. The non-white author
4. Philosophy
5. History
6. An essay
8. Something post-modern
9. Something absurdist
10. The Blind Owl (Free translation if your ok with reading on a screen or cant find a copy!)
11. Something on either hate or love
12. Something dealing with space
14. Wildcard (Some one else taking the challenge will tell you what to read)
15. Something published this year or the past three months
16. That one book that has been sitting on your desk waiting for a long time
17. A play
18. Biography
19. The color red
20. Something banned or censored
21. Short story(s)
22. A mystery

Trek Junkie
Jun 29, 2012

Trek Junkie posted:

My January update:

1. The Walking Dead, Vol. 5: The Best Defense by Robert Kirkman - I found this installment of TWD to be incredibly brutal, depicted as retaliation against severe levels of torture. It's nice to see that the series is delving deeper into the what monsters humans can become given the extreme circumstances.
2. The Walking Dead, Vol. 6: This Sorrowful Life by Robert Kirkman - This wraps up the segment on the series taking a turn for the brutal, ending in a crescendo of blood and gore that the show does not do justice.
3. Egghead by Bo Burnham - Clever, hilarious, inappropriate, and heartfelt; Bo Burnham is a remarkable comedian and poet. Only one of these things surprised me when reading Egghead (and I'm fairly sure I already knew he was funny).

My February update:

I have read nothing this month and I feel great!

Seriously, I spent much of my free time writing instead. I have started a few books that I hope to finish in March.

• Locked thread