Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sodacan
Dec 6, 2014

it's a nose, right? right?
This is a challenge I can get behind. Even got my history out of the way by cheating and finishing Radvinsky's Stalin biography yesterday, which is one monster out of the way.

26 books sounds like a good number, though it will probably prove monumentally egotistical as the months go by. I think my challenges (in addition to those listed) will be:

- read some other DFW collection/novel
- read one of the big Dostoevsky novels
- read some ______ Sun series by Wolfe that is NOT the Book of the New Sun quadrology, which if left to my own devices I will just end up re-reading every year or two.
- Camus' "The Plague"

Also, more African continental novels. I found a great list of those by a phD candidate in African Lit, but probably lost it since orz

1. Edvard Radzinsky - "Stalin: The First In-depth Biography Based on Explosive New Documents from Russia's Secret Archives." [Complete]
2. Francis Fukuyama - "The Origins of Political Order" [In Progress (for the third drat time)]
3. William Gibson - "Pattern Recognition" [In Progress]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread