Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Where are all the girls' faces? Someone needs to arrest the camera for chopping the heads off a bunch of kids and leaving these legs all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

So when does the unapproved-by-men yuri start? Everyone knows that's the good stuff.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Praise be to YURIWEH, amen.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Effectronica posted:

And the tempter came and said to Kureha, "If you are the protagonist, command that these girls flirt with one another." But she answered and said, "It is written, 'Woman does not live by sexual tension alone, but by character development and plot.'"
You've watched this show, right?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Rangpur posted:

Auteur theory is a mixed blessing, sometimes you get genre-defining works other times you get Antichrist. My 3 episode test for this series consisted of waiting to see if it got that far without becoming one of those shows you get banned for even mentioning. Evidently it did, so I will give it a try.
The series is still young.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Follow these 10 easy steps and she won't be able to bear being without you

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

What makes you think anyone gets pregnant?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Something fishy is going on in this show. Anyone want to put odds for a very unreliable narrator(s)? Seems almost guaranteed at this point.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I saw it yesterday in the US.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Maybe they'll kill god with the strength of their love.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

a kitten posted:

Was that really the best time to bring that up Lulu?
She just wants Genki to get her promise kiss.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

OneTrue Pair, but a threesome.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I am highly disappointed in the plot resolution.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Thuryl posted:

I guess if I have a complaint about the ending it's that thematically it's kind of a retread of the Utena movie's ending, although I do feel like YKA does a little more with its setting rather than just using it as a backdrop for the protagonists.
I'm pretty sure that's basically how Utena the series ended. Utena just disappeared from the school, basically entirely forgotten by everyone except Akio and Himemiya. Akio is left behind in the small "coffin", while Himemiya goes out into the larger world.

The whole thing in YKA just felt very underdeveloped.

Also, I did not take the ending of YKA to mean that they are dead either. At minimum, there's a literal 2-way door connecting the bear and human worlds, so them being in the bear world is not them being truly dead. It's just not very well developed what the bear realm is supposed to be without having to reach outside the show a lot and a lot of guesswork. It seems pretty clear to me that neither realm is the sole metaphorical representative of our real world though.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Mar 31, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

They're not in the bear world, though. They're in a place 'beyond severance' explicitly shown to be outside the forest (representing the bear world) and the moon (representing the human world). This wasn't just them escaping to an idyll on the other side of the wall, because we've seen that the bear world is pretty hosed-up as well.
Maybe. I'll check it again later if I feel like it, but they are shown to be on the other side of the door from the human world, and Kureha is a bear now. I don't remember anything explicitly about "beyond severance". It's not that clear from what I noticed/recall.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I think they both went to hell, because we all know that's where gay people go when they die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Does this mean all yuri is ogre now?

• Locked thread