Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome
ANN's official spotlight has more information about the characters and staff if you want to add them to the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Oh, also, Funimation just picked the show up for simulcast in NA.

Edit: beaten

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Well on the upside, it'll be a better release than Sentai's mangling of Penguindrum.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

KittyEmpress posted:

So it's not exactly 'on topic' but this seemed the best place to ask - anyone got some good Utena gifs, so I can convince a friend of mine to watch it? She keeps saying she has never heard of it.

I might have more lying around somewhere but:

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

I always thought Ikuhara was kinda long-winded, anyways. I'm genuinely interested in seeing him try to rein things into a single cour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

You know, I could have gone my whole life without knowing that one of the greatest antagonists in anime history was almost named "Mike".

Mikl posted:

What did Escaflowne do anyways? I've heard a lot about that, but never saw it myself (I saw a different language dub that I've read is pretty faithful to the original).

From what I remember, it was mostly just general censorship stuff(no blood, no alcohol, simpler dialogue, etc.), and cutting out a lot of the romance subplots. I'm also pretty sure the network dropped it around the time the two evil catgirls show up, because there was no way to cut around all the crazy poo poo at the end.

Redcrimson fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 4, 2015

• Locked thread