Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I got nothing with a v device for the specific reason that I didn't do anything vaguely important. I could've been replaced by a shaved monkey in ACUs and the very low, low requirements of my military service probably would've been met anyway.

In other news, the army is making me nervous. I got my last regular pay check on the 15th. Cool. Then I retired on the 23rd. Awesome. On the 24th I received my final active duty paycheck from the army. And it terrifies me. I'm waiting for that green dick to jump out of the bushes and jam me right between the cheeks when I'm taking out the trash or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mike-o posted:

my v-device is my dick.

Virgin device

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Cole posted:

Virgin device

dusted

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Cole posted:

Virgin device

:vince:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Cole posted:

Virgin device

:drat:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Cole posted:

Virgin device

:thurman:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Yo, good job Army
http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2015/01/16/-phoenix-mikey-weinstein-recruiting/21873217/

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

To be fair, it looks like it was solely the work of whatever retarded Jesus freak E7 is running the recruiting station.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
if people get pissed about a stupid army poster then they don't have real poo poo to be pissed about (like actually being in the army)

e: look at the bright side, maybe someone is protesting and won't join the military and the military actually inadvertently did someone a solid.

Cole fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 27, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

if this was anything like my experience at basic there'd be more self-described wiccans

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Oh, plenty of good christian soldiers in my basic company.

Quite happy to go to the islamic and mormon services on Sunday when they found out about the chocolate though.

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if this was anything like my experience at basic there'd be more self-described wiccans

This.

I'll never forget the cadre during our shakedown, finding a wiccans "bible" and screaming about him being a filthy dirt hippie.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.

Friar Zucchini posted:

Just got myself to Fort Gordon, what's ya'll's general opinion on it? (I by the way am a Chair Force desk warrior)

Just got here a couple weeks ago myself. I already hate life, but I've been dealing with it by getting out of the area and seeing poo poo.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Red87 posted:

Just got here a couple weeks ago myself. I already hate life, but I've been dealing with it by getting out of the area and seeing poo poo.

Go to the WTB barracks. There's a van driver there named Ray. Get in good with him. He can maybe get you masters tickets. He worked the early evening shift. I think it ended at like 8pm.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
What makes Gordon worse than any other Army base?

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

not caring here posted:

Oh, plenty of good christian soldiers in my basic company.

Quite happy to go to the islamic and mormon services on Sunday when they found out about the chocolate though.

I became Jewish at Benning after somebody blurted out that they have bagels and cake after the service. Put on my ACU yamaka and chowed down on those drat things.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Anyone ever notice that there's an unusually high number of mormons in the Army?

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

psydude posted:

Anyone ever notice that there's an unusually high number of morons in the Army?

Fixed that.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

psydude posted:

Anyone ever notice that there's an unusually high number of mormons in the Army?

More than I encountered in my civilian life at least.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

On my last contractor deployment to Iraq, I was working with a unit from the Utah NG. It was like the goddamn reverse bizarro Army. Squad leader would say "cover your virgin ears!" and half of them would.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Doing a dining in with the Utah guard must be boring as hell.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Do magic underpants stop bullets?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
They don't stop you from making GBS threads your pants, so I doubt they'd stop bullets.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

I honestly didn't notice that he said Mormons and not morons. Go go brain autocorrecting and the Army being stupid.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Aranan posted:

What makes Gordon worse than any other Army base?

It isn't as bad as say Polk or Drum or Irwin. There's just not a whole lot to do in that part of Georgia. Augusta is one of those towns that used to be big deal until the railroad died out.

Whipped Buttcheeks fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 28, 2015

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

It isn't as bad as say Polk or Drum or Irwin. There's just not a whole lot to do in that part of Georgia. Augusta is one of those towns that used to be big deal until the railroad died out.

Plus its a TRADOC base thanks to all the signal schools.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
And the speed limit is way too loving slow everywhere except a couple of streets that you will rarely use.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

Fair enough. If it's just Georgia being Georgia, I understand. I lived there in my pre-Army life.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Augusta has enough to keep you sane, but not much else. You're close to Atlanta/Savannah/SC, but not close enough for day trips. 6/10 would Gordon again faced with shittier choices.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Cole posted:

And the speed limit is way too loving slow everywhere except a couple of streets that you will rarely use.

I dunno how it is there but on Fort Hood I remember the MPs being astonishing, even for the army, shitheads about these things. 100% complete stop of your wheels and distinct pause in travel before crossing the line of a stop sign or you got a ticket and ended up on the blotter. 2 mph over the speed limit? same. Following "too closely" at the 25mph speed limit? You guessed it. There's dumb, there's Army dumb and then there was these mother fuckers out like they were trying to make a quota or some poo poo.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
kill all MPs

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mike-o posted:

kill all MPs

I never wrote for under 10 over and only in housing and training areas :(

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Flikken posted:

I never wrote for under 10 over and only in housing and training areas :(

And Hitler didn't personally exterminate any Jews. What's your point?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Godwin pops up in the strangest places.

I walked everywhere on hood and the chapel near... 2/1 cav, I wanna say, always had an MP hiding there.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
Fort Hood was terrible.

of all the bases, they should have closed that loving thing decades ago.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4ColdWar posted:

Fort Hood was terrible.

of all the bases, they should have closed that loving thing decades ago.

Strong words, especially when Fort Drum is still a thing

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
Drum wasn't too bad.

It's everything with Hood. The lovely buildings, the lovely layout, loving Bell County, Copperass Cove, Lampassas, Killeen, the homesteading douches, but worst of all, is goddamn Cav mentality.

Everyone I knew who had been to Drum longer than a year hated Hood more within a month.

Hell, I came from a frozen shithole mountain, and I hated Hood more than that place within two months.

gently caress Hood. gently caress Cav. gently caress the Army.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Camp Casey would like a word with you.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Belvoir is the least bad Army base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken