Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
What's it like being permanent party on a TRADOC base?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Okay, so it's still the Army. Good to know.

I may be going to Gordon. I'm a pogue bitch now and would be there, too, so whatever. Not sure if I'd even interact with the TRADOC part of the base, tbh. Probably best if it works out that I don't.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Got a text during lunch. "1SG and PSG said you have to go to promotion board in two weeks."

Lowly SPC here and this will be my first board. I'll google for study guides or whatever, but anyone have some basic pointers so I don't look like a complete idiot (just a half-idiot is my goal).

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

SumYungGui posted:

Unless things have changed wildly in the 35T environment it means gently caress-all for you anyway. Listen to whatever more-retarded-than-usual dumb bullshit your first line tells you about knocking loudly exactly three times to prove you are a powerful and dynamic individual, sitting at the position of attention because you are a soldier at all times, maintaining eye contact because it's the only thing dogs and SNCOs understand of human body language and then skate the gently caress out of there secure in the knowledge that every moment of that experience was completely wasted and 35T never gets promoted anyway.

Ha, no. It's still the same from what I can tell. Even if I blow them away, it means gently caress all because promotion points.

I'll just stare everyone down and yell loudly. Seems to be how everything else in the Army works, anyway. :)

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Enough snow that we had a 1200 release. And yet here I am, at 1330, about to go do a layout...

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Ask me about going into work yesterday with post completely shut down.

Thank you for your service. :histdowns:

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Every month needs block leave.

I still think it's funny that Fort Drum does a two week block leave in summer as well. Do any other bases do this or is it just because we are in the frozen northlands and two months of summer is all we get?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
SILENT WARRIORS, SIR!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Zeris posted:

There are so many opportunities for competent junior enlisted in MI to [be] a guaranteed shitbag.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Zeris posted:

get away from the army

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
What makes Gordon worse than any other Army base?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

It isn't as bad as say Polk or Drum or Irwin. There's just not a whole lot to do in that part of Georgia. Augusta is one of those towns that used to be big deal until the railroad died out.

Fair enough. If it's just Georgia being Georgia, I understand. I lived there in my pre-Army life.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Nostalgia4ColdWar posted:

Drum wasn't too bad.

Quit reading after that line.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Since we were talking about Fort Gordon recently, does anyone have opinions on off-base housing? Looking for something that's not too far from the base but also not in a sketchy shithole. Impossible dream, I know.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Delizin posted:

Edit: Someone asked about off post housing at Fort Gordon a long time ago. I still have the PM where I sent him my good landlady's phone number if you want me to forward it on to you. She owned like 40+ houses in the Grovetown area and was always great about fixing things right away.
That'd be fantastic, thanks. Also, thanks for all the tips about various places--we found a review of Woodcrest and it sounds just as lovely as you described (I think it was rated 2% out of 100 or something). I'll snag a map and get together with my wife and start calling places. Appreciate it!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

JRTC trip report: OCs are a bunch of shady motherfuckers and Geronimo is scary good at what they do, regardless of this poo poo being all they ever do.

gently caress Polk forever. gently caress Louisiana forever. gently caress the Army with a rabid sybaritic Silverback gorilla's AIDS dick.

If anyone needs me I'll be busy beating off in a porta-shitter until I fly out, and no I don't have any more loving Mucinex. When every other cocksleeve is coughing a lung up it turns out you burn through the poo poo in the first 3 days in the box.

Guess I'll be making a trip to the store to buy a few boxes of Mucinex before flying out Sunday.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Red87 posted:

I just bought a place out of Gate 1 on Wrightsboro.
Wasn't planning on buying. Don't really want to deal with selling it later.

You're a medic, right?

Nope, MI nerd. Still going to toss some of that poo poo in my bags, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

:awesome:

• Locked thread