Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

movax posted:

How has this not been commented on yet, :circlefap: loving awesome.

Because it has F-14's in it. :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

If it's a SEAL on Op Red Wings, dude would look more like this.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jan 4, 2015

Risket
Apr 3, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Slim Pickens posted:

If it's a SEAL on Op Red Wings, dude would look more like this.

I don't get it

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
A lot of navy seals & SOAR crew melted in a helicopter crash trying to rescue navy seals getting shot up in a mountain. It was unfortunate. All the fancy avionics and armor in the world can't stop the reality of RPG + shithook = dead people.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
And here I was, thinking someone made an Operation Redwing joke :shrug:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

holocaust bloopers posted:

Who are these high speed Coast Guard operators?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deployable_Operations_Group

Basically that, pretty much the USCG's version of a nationwide QRF. Incidentally there are or were two people from USCG that ended up passing BUDS and being picked up by the Navy as SEALS. No idea if they're still in the program. The CG created a standard for anyone that wanted to apply to BUDS that was allegedly harder to pass just to make sure that anyone they sent to the Navy didn't embarrass them. Then they closed down the program due to lack of interest.

e: LOL that wiki article says "several" coasties on SEAL teams. The number is two.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Risket posted:

I don't get it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_Survivor_%28film%29

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Anyone know the original source or context for these?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Venereal disease.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
They fix you when you get the clap.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

a bad movie

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

krispykremessuck posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deployable_Operations_Group

Basically that, pretty much the USCG's version of a nationwide QRF. Incidentally there are or were two people from USCG that ended up passing BUDS and being picked up by the Navy as SEALS. No idea if they're still in the program. The CG created a standard for anyone that wanted to apply to BUDS that was allegedly harder to pass just to make sure that anyone they sent to the Navy didn't embarrass them. Then they closed down the program due to lack of interest.

e: LOL that wiki article says "several" coasties on SEAL teams. The number is two.

I believe 2 officers made it through BUDs and when they were told they wouldn't get to participate in actual seal missions, promptly resigned their CG commissions and got picked up by the Navy, causing the CG to lose a lot of face. That's what I heard at least, so take it with the usual grain.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

A bit old but :stare:

:nws:

quote:

At least 4 Chengguan, the most hated police-inspectors in China, were beaten to death by angry people in Cangnan County of Wenzhou City, Zhejiang Province (located in the industrial southeast), after they killed a man with a hammer

http://revolution-news.com/china-violent-government-thugs-beaten-death-angry-crowds-killed-man-documenting-brutality/

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Elendil004 posted:

I believe 2 officers made it through BUDs and when they were told they wouldn't get to participate in actual seal missions, promptly resigned their CG commissions and got picked up by the Navy, causing the CG to lose a lot of face. That's what I heard at least, so take it with the usual grain.

It looks like a total of six have made it through. When I left it was only two for sure that were picked up, and it was one officer and one enlisted guy. Either way it doesn't matter, the program was suspended by Uncle Bob in 2011, so it's probably not coming back. Needless to say it went over about as well as a wet fart in a library, even among the DOG/MSRT retards.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Found this while sorting through some old poo poo, I got it when I was a boy scout and took a tour on the ship.

How much do boat nerds care about stuff like this? It's just tourist shop stuff, but the ship's sitting at the bottom of the ocean now, so I dunno if it's valuable or not.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Slim Pickens posted:

Found this while sorting through some old poo poo, I got it when I was a boy scout and took a tour on the ship.

How much do boat nerds care about stuff like this? It's just tourist shop stuff, but the ship's sitting at the bottom of the ocean now, so I dunno if it's valuable or not.

presented by "commanding officer"

they went all out on that one!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

So, anyone else wanna deploy for some counter-terrorism training missions? :heysexy:

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
If you roll your shitbox out and circle it about while cheering at full power while being filmed and photographed around here it gets seized for 28 days under anti dickhead legislation. You need to pay about a grand to get it back.

Meanwhile in the US military:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Spacman posted:

If you roll your shitbox out and circle it about while cheering at full power while being filmed and photographed around here it gets seized for 28 days under anti dickhead legislation. You need to pay about a grand to get it back.

Meanwhile in the US military:

To be fair, you don't need to do donuts in your new car in the dealer's lot just to make sure it won't break down.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Madurai posted:

To be fair, you don't need to do donuts in your new car in the dealer's lot just to make sure it won't break down.

But you should because it's fuckin bitchin as poo poo to do it

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGGhLihDmFk

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyAn3fSs8_A

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

http://vimeo.com/37860307

Mind the music (Video of ships in rough seas)

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 5, 2015

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiA_W9-pW9Y

Do you even Ma Deuce, Bro?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Holy poo poo, guy, your weapon is jamming because you're loving drowning it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Steps for having a smooth running weapon.

Step 1. Throw away that worthless loving CLP.
Step 2. Steal the militec-1 that your supply guy has tucked away for his own use, the worthless turd.
Step 3. Use that instead, follow its instructions.
Step 4. Profit.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
Where's the LSA? Horsejizz keeps a .50 running smooth.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

The only time I ever saw a .50 not work was when we took over some other unit's FOB for a couple weeks and we got hit right after we got there and I guess they just poured sand and urine into the guns for six months because those things were bolt action only. Once they got cleaned up they worked fine, which is way more than could be said about everything else at that base.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Unless that gunner has hosed up his headspace and timing or he has the first borked M2 I have ever seen, it needs to be cleaned and lubed right. Also CLP is pretty lovely with all that moon dust, it becomes a sludge, especially when you dump that much on.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Trying to remember what mix guys used. I think it was half ATF and half CLP or some other gun oil(could've been all atf too). Real good to breathe that shoot in when or burns off, I bet.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

youtube description posted:

This was filmed in the Sangin Valley during Feb/March of 2011 by Marine Reservists out of Texas

found the problem, rah

fuckin tampons

fuckin texas

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Slim Pickens posted:

Trying to remember what mix guys used. I think it was half ATF and half CLP or some other gun oil(could've been all atf too). Real good to breathe that shoot in when or burns off, I bet.

In the past when I've put through some big round counts through my own gat, I've used non-chlorinated brake cleaner in the past to clean it up, some random gun oil to coat it up, and some Redline ATF on the main friction points like the slide and poo poo. Redline ATF just happened to be handy because that's what my car uses but I figure any old transmission or probably even motor oil would be good.

Nowadays my head can't cop all the noise and percussive force from shooting a bunch so I just use militec which puts a good coat on it and make poo poo easy as can be to clean with a tooth brush and a rag. Seems to be pretty good for the slide as well, probably because I'm not putting through hundreds of rounds at a time though.

This is on my own shooters though, gently caress work weapons, I ain't paying for poo poo. CLP if there's nothing better.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

brake cleaner owns loving keep your m16 slightly wet with oil so all the carbon sticks to that then you hose it out with brake cleaner when you're done.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

This one time when I was TDY I got co-opted into helping clean guns (M4s and M9s). They decided to use one of those ultrasonic cleaners which seemed to just make poo poo worse. Was the fluid just old or is it easy to gently caress up the settings? I've been wondering what the hell happened for years.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Maybe some poo poo in the liquid. Like, if you use water with acid in it for example. Should be lamp oil or similar for machine parts.

I had an M2 give me the blues once, extractor arm was a lovely Turkish cast that cracked :staredog: Had one spare for the remaining five days of ex. Maybe a ghetto tempering would've been the trick.

Oh yeah and that one time - but this was the turret's fault - one of them emptied 100 rounds of Raufoss ammo at a 45 degree angle because the solenoid actuating the side trigger got stuck and the gun fired immediately when loaded :stare: :stonk: :stonklol: I wonder where all those went.

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Sjurygg posted:

Maybe some poo poo in the liquid. Like, if you use water with acid in it for example. Should be lamp oil or similar for machine parts.

I had an M2 give me the blues once, extractor arm was a lovely Turkish cast that cracked :staredog: Had one spare for the remaining five days of ex. Maybe a ghetto tempering would've been the trick.

Oh yeah and that one time - but this was the turret's fault - one of them emptied 100 rounds of Raufoss ammo at a 45 degree angle because the solenoid actuating the side trigger got stuck and the gun fired immediately when loaded :stare: :stonk: :stonklol: I wonder where all those went.

We routinely wreck ours because the deck plates the mounts are bolted to aren't rigid enough. The recoil makes the entire mount resonate so a long burst will go
bam - bam - bam - bambambambam - bam - bam - bam - bambambambam. This makes the pin locking the inserter in place pop off, so when you reload and slam the lid shut you'll break the spring-rod that drives the inserter back, or when you open the lid all the bits in the lid pop out and go tink-tink-splash over the side.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
F/A-18 breaking the sound barrier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Casimir Radon posted:

This one time when I was TDY I got co-opted into helping clean guns (M4s and M9s). They decided to use one of those ultrasonic cleaners which seemed to just make poo poo worse. Was the fluid just old or is it easy to gently caress up the settings? I've been wondering what the hell happened for years.

Ultrasonic cleaning is a two step process that most units focus on part one of: get poo poo off of it.

Unfortunately, this step also removes any "not metal" from the metal, including old lube buried deep in the pores of the metal.

You need to ultrasonically lube it to get oil back down in those pores. Most units don't do this. They wipe it with oil, and the part will not properly absorb all of it, so it'll be MORE vulnerable to poo poo sticking to it.

But the military focuses on the dumbest poo poo on getting a gun running, mainly keeping them looking pretty, by scouring off minor poo poo with horrifyingly caustic and abrasive materials, slowly loving up the tolerances of the weapon.

• Locked thread