Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

What about a Global Hawk?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_RQ-4_Global_Hawk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Godholio posted:

Global Hawks are enormous. Like 130 foot wingspan. There's also no reason in hell there'd be one parked in Canada unless it's being demo'd for purchase, which I don't think is happening.

Yeah probably right I was just thinking of what else was bulbous and jet powered like that.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

Stealing from the Airpower/Cold War thread, the most movie-like footage filmed by ISIS in the fighting:

http://po.combatfootagearchive.com/Best%20of%20ISIS.mp4

Mildly NSFW. There's no gore, but it's very close combat.

I'm the guy that misses an M113 with an RPG from about 20 yards away.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Maybe its because the price of oil went down

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

My condolences to your 56k

What's blowing up here?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Brown Moses posted:

Bit off topic, but tomorrow GQ UK is publishing an extract from James Harkin's new book which is on Caro, 6 pages in all. It's a good account of what he got up to in Libya, his mental health, and he failed efforts to enter Syria, which resulted in him being last seen in a Syrian torture centre. GIP even gets mentioned.

Oh poo poo. I hope someone can mirror it here.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Syrian Lannister posted:

There's a smaller second one that is visible at 1:50ish. I don't know if it is WP or smoke agent.

I thought this was them blowing up a storage dump of chlorine?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Crigit posted:

Chlorine gas is a pretty distinct yellow. It's pretty much dead on to be nitrogen dioxide, which is plenty poisonous all by itself. In all probability though it's probably just darker colored clay soil dust that convected its way to the outside of the dust cloud because it was closer to the bomb and thus hotter/faster moving.

Interestingly I was also thinking Nitrogen Dioxide from that yellow ochre color. Neat but yeah could be just dust and probably more likely.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

lmao

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Zeris posted:

But they are going to run out of Syrian soldiers are some point right

Syria will defend themselves to the last Russian

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

This owns

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

suboptimal posted:

Minus the guns, all that plaid could make it an Instagram photo of a brunch in Brooklyn.

Williamsburg or Raqqa

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Scratch Monkey posted:

It's bullshit to say "the military ruined my body so that's why I'm fat!" No, Larry, you're fat because your ruined body keeps you from exercising and you eat too many calories. Eat less and you won't be fat.

Chronic pain is a bitch, id give him a pass

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Those are mitigating factors, not loving excuses. If you want to lose weight, you'll lose it. If it's too inconvenient or you don't actually care that much and you would rather have another slice of cheesecake, you'll keep packing the pounds on.

Until you're dissatisfied with your current lot in life, stop telling yourself convenient lies, and manage to actually find and get a firm grasp on your balls, you'll stay fat.

If a person has led an active lifestyle for a long time then gets injured it's pretty typical that they'll gain weight after that. Especially if they are trying to be active like the guy in the video discusses and even mentions his workout schedule changing due to a need for recovery time.

I wouldn't say that's a fat acceptance argument, just that I have a lot more sympathy the guy that came upon the condition after years of hard work then being injured after that.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

They didn't have Shermans all over the place. My grandfather always talked about making GBS threads on tankers because they cruised around on the roads and poo poo while he was walking rear end in a top hat deep in snow up some hill.

Lots of reasons people didn't like tankers in Korea I think.

quote:

During the Apr battle the need for a second MG was felt, as angry little men climbed on the top of the tks and beat on the hatches with fists and rifle butts. One answer was to charge through a mud house, but this was NOT thought to be the real answer, as it increased the shortage of houses already made obvious by zealous gunners. It was thought further that it was better to stop people getting on in the first place. Therefore .30 BROWNINGS were obtained, rumour has it at high cost (in gin), and mounted on the comds cupola. This has a dual advantage in that it solved the problem of the angry little men, and also prevented crew comds from being garrotted by signallers, with their customary homicidal tendencies towards tk men. The fury of the R. Sigs knew NO bounds as their now harmless tight wire traps were time and again swept serenely aside by the advancing tanks. Personally I cherished NO animosity towards the Sigs and contented myself with merely immobilising 3/4 of Seouls tram car service by laying claim, vi et armis, to some 200 yds of overhead wire, which I took with me for some four blocks. Fortunately for me someone preceding me had touched the same wire and blown the fuze, or I might have got summary justice. It was hanging low anyway.

http://antipodeanarmour.blogspot.ca/p/centurion-tanks-in-korea-report-by-lt-j.html

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i dunno i have a hard time believing that there were only 3 "duels" between american tanks and the 200 tigers in the western european sector from d-day to v-e day

Probably not when you factor in "down for maintenance" and "out of gas" maybe?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Yes

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Zeris posted:

he enlisted

:golfclap:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Kavak posted:

You're still an rear end in a top hat.

You have no way of knowing whether one or two of them might've been fighting on the Western Front or Italy.

Or fallen out of a guard tower

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

AWACS flight deck is hella cramped.

LAN party, basement, circa 1997. Same hardware

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Godholio posted:

Most of the hardware in that picture is literally older than anyone in GIP except our Vietnam vets.

I figured. Was just remembering many of your fun posts about everything from reel to reel players and mIRC use on XP clients or worse.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ragaman posted:

Enough about CACs. Here, have some assorted footage of ATGMs doing God's work.

:stare: @ 10:10

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

PainterofCrap posted:

After that, it dawned on me that I could drive pretty much anywhere and nothing could stop me. Heh. Hehehheh.

Memento mori

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmFiZoe-7P4

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Admiral Bosch posted:

Hey GIP I'm feeling particularly misanthropic and self-loathing today, please post pictures of the cleansing light of the atom, tia

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Actually not a bad idea if you've got H2S permeating through all over the place. poo poo's gonna be a deadzone if nothing else is done.

Did they just drop a nuclear torpedo down the shaft?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Phanatic posted:

Some pretty hardcore horses in this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mULZzwtPM2U

Shooting an AK on horseback seems pretty slick.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Mike-o posted:

Serious answer: mil and LE only. Anything made after 1986 can't be registered with the NFA. Explosives are a Destructive Device and already have tons more restrictions on them. Like the fact that if you DID own a pre-86 grenade launcher not only do you have to jump through all the paperwork and background check hoops to own the launcher, you have to register each individual round as well. Hope you like spending several hundred dollars per round to get your kicks off. Not to mention not all states allow NFA fun toys. There's a reason NFA fun stuff is super expensive and only retired doctors, lawyers, and your grandpa who pilfered all that nazi gold during the war can afford it. High demand and a finite supply of any of that stuff makes for a bitch of a price tag.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't :spergin:'d out about guns in forever.

Freedom isn't free, or something

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

so this is apparently the sticking point

now i am an idiot but that looks to me like it says your poi will shift up to 4 moa if you take the sight from -40 to 122, which sounds like an insane thing that i will never have to worry about

either way my 516 sits on a safequeen and i cant be bothered to fill out a form and ship it off for a few hundred bucks

Wait you guys aren't all kitted out for and don't all do HALO jumps all the time from 40,000 feet right into the middle of the desert on a regular basis?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

MrYenko posted:

https://www.facebook.com/BrianChristoff69/videos/1681145798786497/

Many apologies for the Facebook link. (gently caress Facebook.)

Those are some evil motherfuckers

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

And they can just say "gently caress your laws"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IghwseoISc

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

MrYenko posted:

That's the kind of assignment that you never tell anyone about, ever, isn't it?

He probably got caught doing something realllly loving dumb a couple weeks before.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Godholio posted:

That's the real patch, isn't it. :smith:

The bottom half is like opposite day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Sunday Dec 7th 1941

Dear Diary,

There were some real dreamy guys showing up on Grindr nearby today.

• Locked thread