Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Unless that gunner has hosed up his headspace and timing or he has the first borked M2 I have ever seen, it needs to be cleaned and lubed right. Also CLP is pretty lovely with all that moon dust, it becomes a sludge, especially when you dump that much on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
At least he didn't have time to think about how much time he spent sweating his balls off in that thing for no loving reason.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I wonder how many soldiers are hurt training for that parade every year. Like what was the cost in training and medical bills for absolutely zero payoff in terms of military proficiency?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

Taser training as in "I'm bored let's taser each other" maybe

We got tazers for less than a week in Iraq.

They got taken away because we kept doing poo poo like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfqw0GepSd0

That was our platoon sergeant who shot him. We were trying to find someone who would let us shoot him with the barbs and that guy agreed. His only stipulation was "that I get a running start," I dont know why.

We also did stuff like turn the platoon into a circuit, see who could take a dry stun the longest, get ambushed by our platoon sergeant who tazed PT underperformers when they smoked, and other stuff. We never once tazed an Iraqi.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
All that smoke is so :black101:

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

"Holy poo poo ssgt. Gonna be pissed, I'm in dude."

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
So was the jamming just kind of ignored because most people are using bolt action so "It fires faster than that rifle even if you count the jamming :downs:" or what? I dont get how they kept those guns in service.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Do not post animes in this thread.

Thank you so much.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

At least they're better at fastroping than the ANA.

Well that bar is pretty high so color me impressed.

All the early level kata and punches thrown with awful form and no guard hand up just emphasize how hilariously bad they are at it. Like early on they were at least running around with go pros and waxing dudes, the last recruitment video I remember they were doing crazy flips and stuff, but I guess those guys are all JDAMed by now. I mean it had no applicability but it showed they weren't a bunch of awkward turds, like at least SOMEONE was kind of athletic. This video really is just them scraping the bottom of the barrel with a bunch of gangly dorks rolling around in someone's yard grabbing weapons with no ammo.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
The branches blocked the sights on his weapon too soo yeah.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I'll bet when the running guy steps on the second guy, the kneeling one can really feel some balls on his neck.

E: and not like "oh thats kinda warm but I can ignore it," like "I feel two balls on my neck like its a sharper image massager."

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Well its not a .50 sooooooo...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M230_chain_gun

E:FB

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Speaking of easily penetrated vehicles. They are using T-34s and Su-100s in the current Yemeni civil war.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
How comparable to current model western tanks is that new soviet tank?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The 2 cities in Michigan have significant Arab populations.

:lol:

Same with Orland Park in IL.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Ckwiesr posted:

A couple shots from this weekend's air show.

Working it was horrendous. The only upside was getting to crawl around inside a B-17 before the crowds got in. Holy gently caress the ball turret is small in person.

Not to mention that this is the only way in.

So how many ping pong balls can fit in a C-130?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
That's the best nose art I've ever seen in my life.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I should have known when my platoon sergeants pre-deployment briefing was basically the mission is b******* just make sure your buddies come home that this may not be the best war to fight.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I love terminal lance.

Facebook has made my army buddies annoy me more now than they did when they would do irl stuff like use the designated mastubation Porta John for pooping.

I miss when fb was just party pictures and college kids. Everyone's opinions suck and that's all it is now.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Seconding Dan Carlin's podcast. It's really good, blueprint for armageddon is intense. Particularly the part about paschndalle(sp?). The prospect of sinking into mud after being wounded is... troubling. Someone said in another thread that being infantry in WW1 was the shittiest time to be a grunt, I think they are right.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
:stare:

http://www.gfycat.com/LonelyGratefulCattle

As much as I like to make fun of the Navy I think they may have some of the best aviators in the world.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I can't believe that they are using women as traffic cones.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I was in a Cav Scout unit and nobody had to buy the hat, most people didn't wear them, and they made fun of the people too excited to wear a stetson. They also made us our combat spurs from melted Iraqi Ak brass so that was pretty rad.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
They may have had numbers and weapons but putting your aircraft 50m above some AAA takes some loving balls. Even a .30 Cal can ventilate something pretty good at that range.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I don't understand why they have to inject their weird poo poo into everyday life. Why can't they just jack it to weird stuff in private like the rest of us?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I've seen med officers try and put in mags backwards then upside down while trying to zero. Don't trust them with weapons.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
He shoots the roof.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Some sweet sweet footage of that ISIS tanker convoy getting schwacked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXvrfmzH05M

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
It's even funnier when you look at the "oh well" attitude wrt collateral damage they have had when zorching dudes with drones.

Those drivers are directly aiding the enemy. They aren't doctors.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Is there any evidence maybe that the truck drivers are random schlubs who don't really want to be supporting the enemy?

Well we still shoot conscripts and this is basically the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

Did someone say ridiculous, overweight future warrior concepts?

I used to have a whole folder of these in some long-lost HD.

Dude looks like he is hating life.

• Locked thread