Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Chinatown posted:

I hope this is real.

I don't know, but I know this is:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

At least they used an actual black guy for the photo that time, I think. WWII propaganda directed at black soldiers was either hilariously racist drawings or edited blackface.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Don't basically all royal families have a tradition of military service? The Windsors do at least.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

God that is an ugly gun. Did the Central Powers have anything like that?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mike-o posted:

no. they had the maxim.

Anyone know why they didn't develop anything like the BAR or Lewis gun? Was it a doctrine conflict or something?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

That can't be Russia, the hostage lived, or at least was not directly killed by them.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

kantai collection is a loving war crime.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I'm the anime wig.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

ded posted:

What a dumb thing to do. Build a massive loving ship and then just hide it because you're afraid to actually use it.

That's kind of what happened with the Yamato and the Musashi, too. At least the Germans don't masturbate to the supposed battle prowess of the Bismarck and Tirpitz.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I have literally never heard of any of those California towns before except Monterrey.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Unfortunately that image implies the F-35 shits money. To be more precise, it should be vacuuming the money upwards into the fuselage, at which point the engine seizes, bursts into flames, and the aircraft burns down to its frame.

Or it just lights the pile on fire with its backwash then explodes.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mr-Spain posted:

haha the page title

Any able to translate that?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Here's... well, here it is:

The first thing is pretty obvious. The second, you'll have to look close. :psyduck:

Look at her crotch.

Fuckin' LT.

What am I supposed to be seeing.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Genocide Tendency posted:

:10bux: says this is a white 20 something suburban kid going to community college.

Do they have those in Russia or wherever he's from?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Someone combined :gizz: and :911:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Video reminds me of a friend of my father's in the 80's who had to ditch shortly after take-off. When he got back to his room after debriefing and poo poo his bunkmates had posted a bill for $14,000,000 on his door.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Do the Turks count? They were doing pretty good for a while there

Turks aren't Arabs. Is it just countries on the Arabian peninsula and north of it that have this problem, or does it crop up in North Africa as well?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Hogge Wild posted:

Yeah, definitely. Libya lost the Toyota War against Chad. And Egypt has hasn't won wars since it was ruled by the Albanian Muhammad Ali Pasha.

That explains how they got anywhere in that rebellion.

Okay, serious question, what was the last time a native Arab leader waged a big successful war? Because it looks like they've been choking since they fought Charlemagne.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Thump! posted:

Saddam invaded Kuwait pretty successfully :shrug:

I mean, that was successful to a point, y'know.

Arabs vs. non-Arabs, then.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Bolow posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umayyad_conquest_of_Hispania

The Golden Horde pretty much obliterated the arab world to the point where they're still recovering to this day. Hell the population Iran didn't recover from when the Khwarezmid's got trounced until the 20th loving century. Remember kids don't talk poo poo to people with the last name of Khan

Yeah, that was what Charlemagne tried to stop. But that makes sense- "Genghis Khan" is the shortest valid answer to a lot of historical questions.

Also Khan's a title, not a last name.
:goonsay:/:spergin:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I think you mean the Columbia, the Challenger at least was quick.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Challenger stuff

Jesus, I never knew any of that, that's awful.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Italian soldiers were experimenting with body armor as early as 1915. Most of the documentation on that comes from Austrians inspecting the bodies after the latest attack.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

suboptimal posted:

Of all the dumb things to do, squaring off with a seal is pretty high up there. Those fuckers, even the small ones, can put down a NASTY bite.

Yeah but what about the sea cow?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Thump! posted:

edit: I'm not calling the kids bastards because I hate them, it's because their fathers were already killed by the Soviets.

You're still an rear end in a top hat.

You have no way of knowing whether one or two of them might've been fighting on the Western Front or Italy.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

I'm still at a loss as to what the words are, but it's hilarious.

c-uck and i-m gay

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Whenever I see "concept" designs for the "soldier of the future" I think of the OICW.

I think most people only remember that because it was in Eternal Darkness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Syrian Lannister posted:

Wasn't it in the first Ghost Recon too?

Huh, it is. I should've remembered because I loving loved that game.

• Locked thread