Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

ElMaligno posted:

I want this bad.

Only because you haven't met anyone at or been involved with MSRT in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

Who are these high speed Coast Guard operators?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deployable_Operations_Group

Basically that, pretty much the USCG's version of a nationwide QRF. Incidentally there are or were two people from USCG that ended up passing BUDS and being picked up by the Navy as SEALS. No idea if they're still in the program. The CG created a standard for anyone that wanted to apply to BUDS that was allegedly harder to pass just to make sure that anyone they sent to the Navy didn't embarrass them. Then they closed down the program due to lack of interest.

e: LOL that wiki article says "several" coasties on SEAL teams. The number is two.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Elendil004 posted:

I believe 2 officers made it through BUDs and when they were told they wouldn't get to participate in actual seal missions, promptly resigned their CG commissions and got picked up by the Navy, causing the CG to lose a lot of face. That's what I heard at least, so take it with the usual grain.

It looks like a total of six have made it through. When I left it was only two for sure that were picked up, and it was one officer and one enlisted guy. Either way it doesn't matter, the program was suspended by Uncle Bob in 2011, so it's probably not coming back. Needless to say it went over about as well as a wet fart in a library, even among the DOG/MSRT retards.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

was gonna laugh at it but then saw who posted it so now it's not funny

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Zeris posted:

When it comes to stolen reddit poo poo, don't ask don't tell please.

those drat mra/puas!!!!!!!!

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3693326&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post440290186

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Zeris posted:

Yes thank you for proving my point

you were the one bitching about people pulling stuff from reddit tardo

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

it should have been you instead of QP

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

I bet that guy near the end does a sick robot tho

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

we're all fuckin dead

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Swap out the passenger space for depth charges and you have a double whammy to go after all the cigarette boats and drug subs you want.

they used to drop bricks and poo poo out of the hh60s and 65s until they gave them the mh60s/65s with actual guns and some human being w/ a sniper rifle

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

iyaayas01 posted:

"Oh ye of little faith" ranks right up there with "Guys, I'm concerned" as far as "last words" in military aviation mishaps (where no one got killed so its okay to laugh about)

HITRON is pretty cool and all but the idea of the Coast Guard dropping bricks onto cigarette boats is hilarious and is basically USCG.txt

hitron is cool but the guys w/ the sniper rifles frequently are ledet/taclet members and they are the epitome of not cool. but yeah the story goes (no idea if true) that they iced some guy w/ a brick by accident and so violated the AUF policy and that was that

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

something about everything in this photo being detailed down the to immaculate ammo can and seemingly factory-fresh 240 makes me irrationally angry

the ones on the boats definitely never looked like that, but salt water is a bitch I guess

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

This is why the military as a whole is gay as gently caress, we are extremely afraid of showing even an ounce of grime and dust lest the public think less of them.

Still that sniper rifle though.... hnnng

you know as well as I do that even their worst condition one has pretty much only had range rounds run through it since noncompliants w/ a helicopter are relatively rare and pretty much only happen between the keys/cuba.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

You are kinda wrong. Unless you think south PR is between the keys and cuba.

Also article doesn't mention if the helo did or did not shoot, but a buddy of mine on the boat told me they would have not been able to catch it without the HITRON helo. :shrug:

I said relatively rare, not doesn't ever happen. most of the major smuggling (we had 440 bales on deck) happens in the south caribbean where hitron is frequently not available. maybe you guys got to take them with you, but we were stuck with just the regular old hh65s and the actual mules typically stayed just shy of tts so in the time we could get a bird in the air they were already long gone. hell, most of the time we couldn't even get a smallboat that was on the hip into the water in time to actually catch the night runners.

most of the time with AUF stuff they won't shoot. they can use rotor wash/low hover to scare them into stopping like 99% of the time. also since the people running the boats typically know little about the boat they run on (mostly stolen, from the keys) they tend to run them way beyond parameters - like at max throttle with ten times the max load in the boat, which frequently if they're running long distances will burn up an engine long before you even have to shoot at them.

I know you're still hard for the guard dog, but the practical reality is that 99.9999999% of all boardings conducted by the coast guard are compliant boardings, even the coastal freighter type drug motherships are compliant. noncompliants are rare and more often than not are actually some old white guy fisherman in maine that thinks he's a sovereign citizen on the seas. and most non-compliants will become compliant before shooting out engines, or shooting out pilots

like I said: rare, not unheard of/doesn't happen

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

I also said you where "kinda wrong" which is different from "you are wrong". Also lol at the petty insult and I'm sorry you misconstrue the fact that I like my job with me being hard for the guard.

anyone that's still in is hard for the guard bud

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

Tittle 10 of the USC states "The term “armed forces” means the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard."

Tittle 14 of the USC states "The Coast Guard, established January 28, 1915, shall be a military service and a branch of the armed forces of the United States at all times."

so :boom:, i guess?

Also this derail is gayer than the marines.

trap sprung

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

well at least i know my poo poo from first hand experience instead of regurgitating whatever your BM buddy told you on the ships office because you where too busy counting boxes to notice he was skating on his job and not actually being your friend.

thats rich coming from a radioman

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Blackchamber posted:

Coast Guard is a bunch of shore-huggers.

wow nice one

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Zeris posted:

Perfectly timed military photographs

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ssgt fatbody adopts cat, eats it

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

the usaf has some of the coolest technology in the country AND nukes

so they built a fuckin glee club unit

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

iyaayas01 posted:

It's worse than that, at least the bands have personnel whose actual job it is to be a musician, even if that job is a complete waste of the taxpayer's dollar in most instances. So when we look at the books there's an honest accounting of x personnel have a musician MOS/AFSC (who should be at the top of every single RIF board).

loving TiB isn't an actual unit, they pull personnel from other career fields who then go galavanting around the world for a year while the rest of their career field picks up the slack. So when we look at the books there's a 35 person hole across the entire USAF where those people are on the books in whatever their AFSC is but in reality they're busy prancing around on stage pretending to be a cut-rate version of glee instead of doing their loving job.

Also lol at them being their own roadies. Tell that to the legions of airmen who have been voluntold to help with set up for yet another pointless performance from those wastes of space.

the us air force: it's even worse than you imagined

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

fuckin spergs post pics

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

should have been buster hymen and the penetrators, that guy really whiffed the joke there

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

good thing they set zebra already! :shepface:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Genocide Tendency posted:

I want to laugh at this as a hyperbolic joke.

But given the "leet hacking" of important data systems... It might not be.

one of the companies contracted by OPM to handle some part of it (possibly background checks) subbed out to chinese companies

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

The article I read earlier also says that a solenoid activated trigger like that is a big no-no.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Oh man hosed up my jordans #TRENCHFOOT #MCDBFASTALLDAY #KAISERISMYBAE

:chanpop:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

world 8 in super mario 3 makes a lot more sense now thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Meydey posted:

Me on the fantail while in Todd Shipyards sometime around '91 defending freedom.
"This is my needle gun. There are many like it but this is mine. My needle gun is my best friend. It is my life. My needle gun, without me, is useless. Without my needle gun, I am useless. I must chip paint with my needle gun true. I must chip paint straighter and not fall asleep. I must chip before I fall asleep. I will...maybe"

gently caress todd shipyard

• Locked thread