Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Zero_Grade posted:

Welp, time to reset the "Texas Did Something Dumb" counter.
I don't think that would be a useful counter since simply due to size Texas is always doing something dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Crane Fist posted:

Chris Kyle was a psychopath and the only tragedy of his story is that he didn't die a lot earlier than he did

Have bullets at any point been effective against Godzilla though
Not since Godzilla was created as an analogy of the atomic bomb.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

SubponticatePoster posted:

I don't think that would be a useful counter since simply due to size Texas is always doing something dumb.

Maybe it would be more useful to view it as a race between Texas and Florida as who did the latest dumb thing.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So he removed a fence pole?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

KomradeX posted:

So he removed a fence pole?

The fence pole shot first.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SubponticatePoster posted:

It's the best counter, one you never need to reset.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Zero_Grade posted:

Maybe it would be more useful to view it as a race between Texas and Florida as who did the latest dumb thing.

With how frequently the lead would change, this would edge out the New York minute as the shortest America-based unit of time.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
It's like Karl never left. Fox News is saying Mitt Romney still might win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwB8qPTP9ac

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

Kyle told a lot of stories. He claimed that he punched out Jesse Ventura in a bar over him insulting the SEALS. He says that two guys in Texas tried to carjack him at a gas station and he pulled a gun out of his truck and shot them both under his arm behind his back without looking. He says that he and some of his spec ops buddies posted themselves on a roof during Katrina and sniped armed looters, with Kyle himself killing 30.

Obviously, people investigated these claims and found them all to be Grade A Bullshit. Ventura found it bullshit enough to sue and win for millions. Kyle also had a very simplistic view of the war in the Middle East and simply viewed everyone there as a bunch of violent savages, and was eager to get back and keep killing. He admitted to getting involved in bar fights just to feel tough. Chris Kyle was a bully and violent nut with PTSD who tried to cope by telling tall tales about himself and punching anyone who disagreed with him because he couldn't deal with it by going back to Iraq and murdering every "savage" he saw.

This makes me want to read into the circumstances of his death a bit more. Maybe he pissed off the guy he was trying to 'help' by being an rear end.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Joementum posted:

I'm the robed monk smoking a cigarette at 1:00 in that video

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jagchosis posted:

I'm the robed monk smoking a cigarette at 1:00 in that video

"It's bullshit man, Undertaker said he needed six Druids to take down this guy and all of a sudden it's 'oh nevermind I just need five' when we get here. gently caress you, deadman, I had to find this robe in my closet I'm gonna wear it."

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Butts posted:

This makes me want to read into the circumstances of his death a bit more. Maybe he pissed off the guy he was trying to 'help' by being an rear end.

He definitely did. His school of 'therapy' for PTSD seemed to involve lots of time at the shooting range and likely had the goal of making a traumatized soldier proud of what they saw/did. I'm sure he developed this program with a psychologist and didn't have the mindset of 'stop crying about a dead hajji, you pussy'

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Joementum posted:

Has Dick Morris drawn up a map yet?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Honestly when I read about the guy the only good thing about him was that he's dead. He was a loving monster of a human being and his love of killing things not white and 'murrican enough probably makes him the white militia ubermensch.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

Hold on, Karl Rove is reporting they didn't.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Evil Fluffy posted:

Honestly when I read about the guy the only good thing about him was that he's dead. He was a loving monster of a human being and his love of killing things not white and 'murrican enough probably makes him the white militia ubermensch.
Yeah actually, is anyone here brave enough to venture into Stormfront and the like? How exalted is he in those parts?

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

zoux posted:

Can you imagine what would happen if a police riot line opened fire into a crowd of protesters in the good old USA in the era of everyone having a video camera on them at all times?

I know there may be some watching at home that are upset with its outcomes but you have to respect the system.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

site posted:

Yeah actually, is anyone here brave enough to venture into Stormfront and the like? How exalted is he in those parts?

Freep, I'm surely you'll just be floored to learn, loves the dude for all the terrible reasons we've come to know and loathe them for. Since the only substantial difference they have from Stormfront is on Israel, I'd say there's your answer.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

:derp:Barack Obama, Eric Holder, Jonathan Gruber, Lois Lerner, Eric Shinseki, and Hillary Cliton are stealin' all yer waters!!! :derp:

Our precious fluids.

:negative:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Wasn't cash for clunkers an undisputed success?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

McDowell posted:

This question sort of implies that reality has any effect on what they think.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Joementum posted:

:derp:Barack Obama, Eric Holder, Jonathan Gruber, Lois Lerner, Eric Shinseki, and Hillary Cliton are stealin' all yer waters!!! :derp:

I'm interested that these things always have an included list of the best Obama "scandals" they can think of on the side of their image, and are all either entirely manufactured or actually good things.

Whereas Bush has 175 scandals in his Wikipedia page, many of which are really very serious allegations that are probably also true.

Bush: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:George_W._Bush_administration_controversies - 175
Obama: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Obama_administration_controversies - 54

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The prion disease that causes conservatives to not understand the incredibly simple and clearly stated moral of a children's story is spreading.

Here is Alaska State Senator Click Bishop, showing off his book Click on Uncle Sam, signed by Dan Sullivan and Ted Cruz.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

McDowell posted:

Depends on your budget for a used car.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

The prion disease that causes conservatives to not understand the incredibly simple and clearly stated moral of a children's story is spreading.

Here is Alaska State Senator Click Bishop, showing off his book Click on Uncle Sam, signed by Dan Sullivan and Ted Cruz.

Maybe they never read the last two pages or something? It's kind of repetitive at times and has I guess a page count that could tax the attention span of some.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Here he is reading it in the Senate today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMkWvAJsYfM

His version ends with him threatening to shoot federal employees.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I love it here.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Internet Webguy posted:

Our precious fluids.

:negative:

You're more right than you know. Rep. Gosar is a dentist.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Joementum posted:

Here he is reading it in the Senate today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMkWvAJsYfM

His version ends with him threatening to shoot federal employees.

I thought maybe he was serious about "Getting the oil underground, we'll leave it nicer than we found", but then he called environmentalists "greenie wacko east coast cranks," so I think his definition of "nicer" might be "desolated and covered with oil, no longer able to sustain life"

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

computer parts posted:

Depends on your budget for a used car.

That it hosed up the heavily-used car market (badly, in some areas it seems) is the only downside of the program. I know a lot of people I worked with traded in old carsa and trucks for newer and cheaper things, like the hideous Cube.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
The old cars removed from the market were mostly ones dangerous to either your life or your wallet in extended use.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Nintendo Kid posted:

The old cars removed from the market were mostly ones dangerous to either your life or your wallet in extended use.

While it's fair to say that most people using pickup trucks probably don't need to, if you actually wanted one in 2010/2011, I hope you were willing to essentially pay as if it was a new one.

Now guess which political demographic likes to buy pickup trucks.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Middle class suburban white people by far.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Texans?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Joementum posted:

The strangest part of that video is seeing Kevin loving Sorbo there for no discernible reason

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Barn jacket owners. People who understand the issues of the ladies. Carpetbaggers. Drunk twitterers.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Joementum posted:

Goddamn I hate my state's reps so loving much. Gosar is somehow even worse than Franks. If it weren't for Grijalva and Sinema I'd write the whole drat state off.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Bro Dad posted:

I shook Rick Scott's hand today. It was cold.

Way back but I shook Allen West's hand. :(

Horrible FL handshake buddies. :unsmith:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!

Mo0 posted:

The strangest part of that video is seeing Kevin loving Sorbo there for no discernible reason

He made or starred in some horrible 'the atheists are coming to ruin Christianity' movie recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

He made or starred in some horrible 'the atheists are coming to ruin Christianity' movie recently.

I was wondering about that myself recently, as he always been one of those "secularists are destroying 'murica" and its just now its being more public, is this a new thing, or is his career just so bad he is going where ever they pay him?

• Locked thread